Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 795

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1064313 times)

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #4410 on: December 20, 2016, 01:15:08 pm »

The truck driver was apparently shot - no official confirmation yet. I'm totally expecting EU Commission to ban illegal firearms any day now.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #4411 on: December 20, 2016, 01:15:42 pm »

You mean Russia would assassinate it's own diplomat to further the cause of improving relations with Turkey using the 'your enemy is our enemy' rethoric?
People have been claiming it's a false flag because it... looks too good.
I MEAN, the photos look like screenshoots from a movie (this photo contains blood), just slap some grain on it.

I'm totally expecting EU Commission to ban illegal firearms any day now.
W h a t.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #4412 on: December 20, 2016, 01:17:27 pm »

Only officials should operate trucks! They should be stored centrally in secure, guarded, armored warehouses only! The citizens of EU demand security!
Spoiler: Officials... (click to show/hide)
This one's great

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4413 on: December 20, 2016, 01:26:46 pm »

W h a t.

They tried to, among other mad things, ban and collect from EU citizens every non-shotgun semi-automatic weapon including pistols "to protect EU citizens from terrorism". That was literally 3 days after latest Paris attacks, they revived an almost year old proposal to renew firearms directive in a hurry.

It already is difficult to get a legal pistol in Germany... let alone for someone who doesnt even have citizenship. There are so many black market guns and ways to hurt people that its madness.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4414 on: December 20, 2016, 01:33:09 pm »

You mean Russia would assassinate it's own diplomat to further the cause of improving relations with Turkey using the 'your enemy is our enemy' rethoric?
People have been claiming it's a false flag because it... looks too good.
I MEAN, the photos look like screenshoots from a movie (this photo contains blood), just slap some grain on it.

Yeah, the whole thing looks almost too easy (having just one guard seems unusual, and there weren't other security forces around) and it's just the surrealness of it.

It's also easy to claim conspiracy in the vacuum that is a lack of solid information. I heard on CNN that the Turkish state media claimed that they "found Al-Qaeda books" in his home, but they aren't known for specifically targeting officials. So, I'm taking that with a fistful of salt.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #4415 on: December 20, 2016, 01:37:46 pm »

W h a t.

They tried to, among other mad things, ban and collect from EU citizens every non-shotgun semi-automatic weapon including pistols "to protect EU citizens from terrorism". That was literally 3 days after latest Paris attacks, they revived an almost year old proposal to renew firearms directive in a hurry.

It already is difficult to get a legal pistol in Germany... let alone for someone who doesnt even have citizenship. There are so many black market guns and ways to hurt people that its madness.
No, what I mean is "BAN ILLEGAL firearms". If they're already illegal, you can't really ban them more.

And man, don't tell me about how it's difficult to get a legal pistol in Germany, in Poland it's way worse. We're a country with one of most strict gun laws in the world.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4416 on: December 20, 2016, 02:07:06 pm »

No, what I mean is "BAN ILLEGAL firearms". If they're already illegal, you can't really ban them more.

And man, don't tell me about how it's difficult to get a legal pistol in Germany, in Poland it's way worse. We're a country with one of most strict gun laws in the world.

I was being sarcastic, guns used in crime rarely are acquired legally. So it makes no sence unless you're the EU Commission. They're banning things that are already banned, and doing massive collateral damage among innocent people and their sports.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4417 on: December 20, 2016, 02:20:15 pm »

The Pakistani man arrested after the truck assault has been released, there being no evidence of his involvement.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4418 on: December 20, 2016, 02:21:53 pm »

Ban illegal trucks.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #4419 on: December 20, 2016, 02:36:29 pm »

Ban illegal immigrants.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4420 on: December 20, 2016, 02:40:12 pm »

Ban illegal immigrant trucks
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4421 on: December 20, 2016, 04:05:36 pm »

Meanwhile in the Netherlands, an refugee from Macedonia who had been denied asylum and sent notice to leave the country within 28 days, resisted being questioned, after police got several notifications from the public that a man was acting suspiciously, and punched a police officer in the face. He was then subdued by police using pepperspray, and bystanders helped keep him down.
Until other bystanders noticed that the man's face was turning blue.
He's dead now, Police say, that according to video images, the man died of strangulation. Police deny having put him in a chokehold, implying one of the assisting bystanders did that. On an aside, one of the assisting bystanders turned out to be a police officer in civilian clothing. Police can't comment on whether he was on or off duty at the time.

The National Police has started an investigation into the man's dead.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4422 on: December 20, 2016, 04:41:50 pm »

You could almost think that police aren't trained to take people down without killing them.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4423 on: December 20, 2016, 04:48:01 pm »

You could almost think that police aren't trained to take people down without killing them.

*points at the US* You think?

Though the whole 'shoot a gun outta someones hand' or 'disable a running person by shooting them in the leg' is all Hollywood and 99% of people aren't Robin Hood* tier marksmen/women.

*I'm sure the Finns would argue that their legendary snipers** are better than Robin Hood at marksmanship though. And maybe the Swiss, I've heard that they're good as well.

**Guns are in a whole other league*** from bow and arrow anyway.

***Then again, tall tales and all that.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 04:53:48 pm by smjjames »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4424 on: December 20, 2016, 04:53:26 pm »

One specific chokehold taught in police training was the probable cause of death last year during an arrest that made national news. The chokehold move came under investigation, but that concluded that it need not be removed from training, deeming it non lethal when used correctly. My guess is the problem lies with some folks who like to work out too much, and underestimate their own strenght when applying the technique taught them years ago in training. That, or the stress of the moment clouds their temporal judgement, and they apply it for too long.

Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 795