Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1006767 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #4365 on: December 19, 2016, 04:08:43 pm »

The saying "Allahu Akbar" is a common saying, almost exactly like you or me saying "Oh My God", so, just saying it isn't a sign of being a salafist on it's own. Though it will draw attention to you in most places in the West. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takbir.
I am not ignorant of this, which is why I ask you to watch the video. One does not shout oh my God when assassinating infidels. As to whether he's a salafist or not, assassin bullets wound just as deep regardless of what ideology its wielders subscribe to, there's not much point autistically obsessing over whether the assassin was salafist or just a regular islamist, and it's obvious at even a cursory glance he's not shouting in surprise - rather, a declaration of faith. This reminds me of when the Turkish football crowd was shouting allahu akbar when prompted for a minute's silence over Paris and Western commentators parroted to one another on how allahu akbar could also be used in a common context similar to OMG; it is only they who delude themselves who bleed in the end

Speaking of which, Zurich, Berlin, Ankara, Europeans respond to their undoing

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4366 on: December 19, 2016, 04:15:38 pm »

Nah, but it's unclear whose group he is affiliated with if any, which has significiance when discussing the results of an attack.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4367 on: December 19, 2016, 04:22:14 pm »

The saying "Allahu Akbar" is a common saying, almost exactly like you or me saying "Oh My God", so, just saying it isn't a sign of being a salafist on it's own. Though it will draw attention to you in most places in the West. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takbir.
I am not ignorant of this, which is why I ask you to watch the video. One does not shout oh my God when assassinating infidels. As to whether he's a salafist or not, assassin bullets wound just as deep regardless of what ideology its wielders subscribe to, there's not much point autistically obsessing over whether the assassin was salafist or just a regular islamist, and it's obvious at even a cursory glance he's not shouting in surprise - rather, a declaration of faith. This reminds me of when the Turkish football crowd was shouting allahu akbar when prompted for a minute's silence over Paris and Western commentators parroted to one another on how allahu akbar could also be used in a common context similar to OMG; it is only they who delude themselves who bleed in the end

Speaking of which, Zurich, Berlin, Ankara, Europeans respond to their undoing

I get the implication behind it, and I'll admit that I'm at a loss of having or knowing of a comparable exclaimation that would be used in the West, or at least in the religious sense.

The one in Zurich sounds more like a hate crime than islamist terror. Also, I don't see anything about "responding to their undoing" in that article.

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4369 on: December 19, 2016, 04:25:08 pm »

Well that's not Nice.
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4370 on: December 19, 2016, 05:01:20 pm »

Hmm. When I came to hear of this Christmas ban (of sorts, it appears to be knottier than it seems, the whole business) in that German school in Instanbul, I thought 'well, this cultural enrichment jiggery-pokery seems awfully one-sided'. It seems like quite the secondary concern now, however. Good God...

As for the murder in Turkey, it is rather fascinating to see how commited both Turkey and Russia are towards maintaining their uneasy friendship. I would say that it is a world gone mad, but there is absolutely nothing too outlandish to happen any more. Of course, it was a rather clumsy attempt to place a wedge between them, if that was the goal at all. Nonetheless, I would not want to be in the shoes of the other conspirators at the moment.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4371 on: December 19, 2016, 05:46:56 pm »

Hmm. When I came to hear of this Christmas ban (of sorts, it appears to be knottier than it seems, the whole business) in that German school in Instanbul, I thought 'well, this cultural enrichment jiggery-pokery seems awfully one-sided'. It seems like quite the secondary concern now, however. Good God...

As for the murder in Turkey, it is rather fascinating to see how commited both Turkey and Russia are towards maintaining their uneasy friendship. I would say that it is a world gone mad, but there is absolutely nothing too outlandish to happen any more. Of course, it was a rather clumsy attempt to place a wedge between them, if that was the goal at all. Nonetheless, I would not want to be in the shoes of the other conspirators at the moment.
The Christmas ban was revoked yesterday. And anyone involved from the Turkish authorities now say it never happened.

EDIT: but yeah. Sadness. Just when you think 2016 is nearly over, it still bites you in the ass. My thoughts are with those who lost loved ones today.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 05:52:28 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #4372 on: December 19, 2016, 05:58:39 pm »

Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4373 on: December 19, 2016, 06:03:14 pm »

Yeah, the company that owns the truck is from Poland. The Polish owner already called in to the police. His nephew was supposed to be driving the truck. It is now thought that that is the dead body found in the passenger seat. Starting to look like either the truck got stolen, or the by-rider killed the driver and took control.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4374 on: December 19, 2016, 06:06:29 pm »

Polish license plates...

Chill, nobody's saying the Polish did it.

Yeah, the company that owns the truck is from Poland. The Polish owner already called in to the police. His nephew was supposed to be driving the truck. It is now thought that that is the dead body found in the passenger seat. Starting to look like either the truck got stolen, or the by-rider killed the driver and took control.

The BBC live feed says that some people suspect or are starting to think that the person arrested is Pakistani. Haven't seen corroborating statements elsewhere.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #4375 on: December 19, 2016, 06:29:34 pm »

Polish license plates...

Oh, we do.
Considering the horrendous bullshit that is currently going on in Polish parliment, opposition is already throwing it at PiS and PiS is already blaming the opposition.

Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4376 on: December 19, 2016, 06:36:07 pm »

Polish license plates...

Oh, we do.
Considering the horrendous bullshit that is currently going on in Polish parliment, opposition is already throwing it at PiS and PiS is already blaming the opposition.

Lol, are your political parties literally claiming that the other party caused it just because a truck with Polish plates is involved?

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4377 on: December 19, 2016, 06:45:47 pm »

Polish license plates...

Oh, we do.

Lol, are your political parties literally claiming that the other party caused it just because a truck with Polish plates is involved?
Well, they're Polish, so, duh? Poland is historically well known for constantly backstabbing itself for littlest of reasons.
._.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #4378 on: December 19, 2016, 06:53:28 pm »

Parties not really, not oficially at least (yet, as it seems a bit too late for official claims anyway), but I've already witnessed few shitstorms on internet where people supporting different sides started to accuse each other. Since KOD is more of a civic organization (supposedly) anyway, what people say is basically what they say (it's not suprising for some of them to paint up signs blaming PiS, since for them PiS is literally Nazis), and I've heard (no sources, I don't have access now) that few lower level PiS guys "half-jokingly" said that the KOD members from Pomerania went too far and to the wrong capital or something like that.
I mean, I'm exaggerating as fuck, but people (sometimes pretty important) are literally saying this shit in public, including "free" press throwing thinly veiled accussations. And people wonder why it was forbidden for journalists to keep chucklefucking around parliment. To be honest I don't think it will be that important anyway because even we see when it becomes ridiculous (hopefully), but eh, at this point you can either cry or laugh at it, and I think I'm out of tears since long time.

Well, they're Polish, so, duh? Poland is historically well known for constantly backstabbing itself for littlest of reasons.
This Russian has the right idea. Major part of being Polish is hating Poles and Poland (BUT GOD HELP YOU IF YOU'RE FOREIGN AND HATE POLAND OR POLES).

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4379 on: December 19, 2016, 07:05:36 pm »

Major part of being Polish is hating Poles and Poland (BUT GOD HELP YOU IF YOU'RE FOREIGN AND HATE POLAND OR POLES).
Sounds like any other country

Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 793