Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1006900 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #3855 on: September 21, 2016, 09:31:58 am »

Meanwhile in London, racial tensions exploded when two groups of about 100 children and adolescents attacked each other with baseball bats, chair legs and knives last monday.
Police arested 7 people between ages of 15 and 21 , and 3 people were injured., of whom 2 are still in hospital.
Eyewitnesses cannot believe that no one was killed and call it a miracle. "My partner was walking the dog in the park and suddenly saw a kid with blood coming from his ears, nose, mouth and everywhere".
Videos from the fight show groups of children relentlessly kicking and hitting kids who are already down on the ground.

According to the police, children as young as 8 years old participated in the fight between a group of white children and a group of dark skinned children.

O.o

Geeze, and you know how bad things are here in the US.....

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3856 on: September 21, 2016, 07:06:23 pm »

Oh come on. Saying that the complaints of some fat cat lobbyist with vested personal interest against something is the EU crushing environmentalism is like saying that the US government is afraid of knocking over Pacific islands by overloading them with troops because of that one congressmans psychotic break.
If I knew what you were talking about with that congressman I'd probably disagree

I mean it's depressing that actual progress, not lets-import-dissatisfied-foreign-youths-from-dangerous-backgrounds and-all-look-shocked-when-they-stab-someone 'progress' is being complained about, but that ain't the big nasty EUs fault.
Like 90% of what you say I agree with / approve of because you're a proper cynical Brit , but then you come out with trash like this
oy bruv thats not banta u gotta go 2 jail m8

O.o
Geeze, and you know how bad things are here in the US.....
Yeah and you just accepted unsourced tales as fact, that's something the European Union would do

Witnesses claimed teenage boys, some wearing school uniform, were involved in an altercation with pupils from a rival school.
Violence flared in Northumberland Heath near Erith yesterday evening, with witnesses claiming scores of youths, some armed with knives and bats, took part in a mass brawl.
Shocking footage emerged from the fighting, appearing to show children in school uniform beating each other with sticks while a woman tried to stop them.
Today, police said the trouble, which affected five different areas and saw two teens aged 15 and 19 injured, may have started in the Bexley Broadway shopping area at 4.30pm.
Seven people aged from 15 to 21 have been arrested over the violence, which police confirmed involved “more than 100 youths”.
Police were called to "a large fight" in Northumberland Heath in Erith, south-east London, at about 17:40 BST on Monday.
Witnesses said baseball bats and concrete blocks had been used as weapons during the brawl.
Seven people, aged between 15 and 21, have been arrested, police said.
The injuries suffered by the two people in hospital, aged 15 and 19, are not life threatening, the Met spokesperson added.
'Like a battle zone'
More than 100 youths, some of whom were in school uniform, were involved in the fight which took place near the Duchess of Kent pub.
Witnesses said the numbers of people involved - including children as young as 11 - grew during the afternoon.
Footage posted online showed people being kicked and hit with sticks and poles.
Rachael Brunt described Northumberland Heath as "a battle zone with debris of bats and table legs on the grass".
She said there was a "mixture of boys and girls" involved who "started beating a lad to the ground, bashing him with lumps of wood."
Shane Newman, who works in a local betting shop, said he saw "several black youths" who "looked to be around 13 to 16 years old... running up and down the street".
Owen Jeavons, 23, said there had been tension between students at local schools when he was a teenager but called the brawl "something new".
"I have never seen anything like it. It's such a quiet, peaceful place", he said.
Jeanne Asquith wrote on Facebook: "Never seen anything like it and I've lived here eight years... I just just hope the schools deal with those involved. Most were wearing school uniform."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-37415570
I've heard it all started with a smaller fight that happened days before this one, that prompted a revenge that escalated into this big mess cos social media organization and all that (keep in mind, rumours)
School tensions is serious business, in my local area for example it's still in my living memory when Peckham and Bermondsey boys fighting/attacking students of the other school warranted police deployment. Plus lol, I remember when I went to school, there was strict control on which boys crossed which bridges, and bloody hell it was pain wearing a red uniform next to a school who wore blue xD
Scale of this is different, this big stuff doesn't really happen, so I wonder what did go on. Find it bloody hilarious though, school kids fight and then unsourced media turns it into racewar

Also in top news:
“I read the condemnation of the EU against me. I will tell them: ‘Fuck you. You’re doing it in atonement for your sins,’” he said late Tuesday, referring to alleged crimes committed by Europeans in the past.
“And then the EU has the gall to condemn me,” he said, flashing a raised middle finger as he spoke in front of local officials in Davao.
http://www.wsj.com/articles/philippine-president-duterte-lashes-out-at-european-union-1474433068[/quote]
Lmao that WSJ damage control
Yeah I wonder what """"alleged"""" sins Germany's committed in the past

Mr. Duterte singled out France and the U.K. for joining the U.S. in attacking countries in the Middle East in recent years and said history books were littered with examples of atrocities committed by Europeans.
Lmao the absolute madman's even gone after the blood god
I fucking love it, all these years of yuros merking their history has paid off

“The European Union and the Philippines enjoy good relations, and we will continue to discuss this issue, among many others, in our bilateral contacts and with the authorities,” the EU said in a statement.
Poker face on point

Turkey to EU: No refugee deal without visa-free travel
FM Cavusoglu says unless Turks are granted visa-free EU travel by October, deal to stem the flow of refugees is off.

Turkey is incensed by what it sees as an insensitive response from Western allies to the attempted putsch, in which 240 people were killed.
Long wary of Turkey's ambitions to join the EU, some European countries have expressed concern over a huge number of arrests since the coup, implying President Tayyip Erdogan is using it to quash dissent.
The unease has also hurt relations between Turkey and Austria and Sweden, with Ankara summoning diplomats from both countries to protest against what it says are false reports about changes to its child abuse laws.
Bless Sweden, ever since they whipped their own over Saudi Arabia, they've been growing a real spine recently

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3859 on: September 26, 2016, 04:19:12 am »

The new country is a call to create a better Sweden, a country that is proud, included and sustainable. It is a call to both established and new Swedes that we all need to be integrated. We should not divide each of us and them. Instead, we must find ways forward, and create conditions to live together.

And I was joking when I made up new Swedes, lmao it really is true what they say, today's irony is tomorrow's sincerety
So yeah the people who thought this was temporary, gg you now have to integrate Swedes into new Swedes

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3860 on: September 28, 2016, 02:41:34 pm »

http://www.politico.eu/article/vladimir-putin-resurrects-the-kgb-moscow-security/ I know it's not an EU state, but it would make the EU concerned for sure.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3861 on: September 28, 2016, 03:23:55 pm »

Eh. I think it'll go the way of the gender politics ratings on game and film boxes suggestion two years or so back. Make a huge song and dance on the internet, upset people, amuse the usual crowd and then never actually happen (but since it was in headlines, people abroad assume that it did to the letter). These things tend to bog off and die by themselves rather quickly, after the hype/anti-hype has gone cold. Most of the New Era 201X Progressive Future La-De-Da affairs follow the same pattern, and I doubt this will be any different. I will report if it does.

As for the KGB developments, it's pretty pleasant at this point to see the Russians getting back to business all open and honestly-like. Might as well get the old company back up and going to do it more efficiently. They have this minor missiles and airliner affair to think of, but the beauty of it is that they can, and will, keep handling it by just saying 'Njet, not us' until judgment day, and probably will.

And finally, autumn is rolling back in over the nerrf, and the sun is settling in for bed for the rest of the year. See you in april, Sun!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3862 on: October 02, 2016, 01:32:52 pm »

Got a question for the French Bay12ers, in http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/10/us/politics/house-911-victims-saudi-arabia.html and http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/10/justice-against-sponsors-of-terrorism-act-911-214315, it says that a French politician is planning on introducing a French version of JASTA or something to allow the French to sue the US.

My question is, what would French citizens sue the US about or what was the guy thinking about in particular? Or is it just a 'if you can do it, so can we!' kind of thing? Just wondering here as I've got no idea what the French would have against the US that would be a sueable kind of thing.

I wonder if other countries are going to set up something like that so that their citizens can sue countries besides the US, because, 'ganging up on the world superpower' aside, I'm sure there are other countries who have done things in other countries that country A's citizens would sue country B over.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 02:11:21 pm by smjjames »

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3863 on: October 02, 2016, 02:10:58 pm »

all future world conflicts permanently prevented. everyone to afraid of getting sued. :P

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3864 on: October 02, 2016, 05:05:29 pm »

Meanwhile in Hungary, a people's referendum was held. The question posed was, if the EU would be allowed to force Hungary to take up refugees, eevn if the national parliament voted against it.

With a 45% turnout, the referendum is technically void. It required a 50% plus one vote turnout.
However, prime minister Orban (who campaigned strongly for a NO) says he considers the referendum a success, and he will consider making a new law ratifying it despite it being voided.

Of the 45% of population that did go and vote, 98.2% voted NO, according to the Hungarian elections committee.

According to European agreements, Hungary is supposed to take in (a stunning total of) 1294 refugees.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3865 on: October 03, 2016, 03:46:08 am »

Got a question for the French Bay12ers, in http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/10/us/politics/house-911-victims-saudi-arabia.html and http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/10/justice-against-sponsors-of-terrorism-act-911-214315, it says that a French politician is planning on introducing a French version of JASTA or something to allow the French to sue the US.

My question is, what would French citizens sue the US about or what was the guy thinking about in particular? Or is it just a 'if you can do it, so can we!' kind of thing? Just wondering here as I've got no idea what the French would have against the US that would be a sueable kind of thing.

I wonder if other countries are going to set up something like that so that their citizens can sue countries besides the US, because, 'ganging up on the world superpower' aside, I'm sure there are other countries who have done things in other countries that country A's citizens would sue country B over.

A MP did tack an amendment to a anti-corruption bill being discussed to allow suing any country sponsoring terrorism, but more in a spirit or "Let's show the US it's a terrible idea". The amendment was voted down.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3866 on: October 06, 2016, 04:54:43 am »

The German comedian Hans Jan Böhmermann has been found not guilty of insulting a foreign head of state. The German court ruled that his poem, in which he depicted Erdogan as a goatfucking pederast was art, and not an insult.

Böhmermann responded to the verdict with happiness, and made a video in which he strongly criticizes Turkey.

https://youtu.be/T3SzUdeVewo
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 11:23:30 am by martinuzz »

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3867 on: October 06, 2016, 09:29:29 am »

He's called Jan, not Hans.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3868 on: October 06, 2016, 11:22:44 am »

He's called Jan, not Hans.
Hah, I mixed up two comedians who insulted Erdogan. Jan Böhmermann and Hans Teeuwen

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3869 on: October 07, 2016, 05:22:47 pm »

BBC NEWS: How Sweden became an exporter of Jihad

And that's it folks, we're now at the point where mainstream international media are reporting the breakdown of law and order in progresiv yurop, it's all ogre now.
The eyes have caught sight of the symptoms of dying men, and we are all dying men - if only my shitposts were beamed into the brains of powerful progresiv, this could have all been avoided

There isn't even really the joy of being able to say told you so, just cos it gets worse from here on out for everyone who's not living across the atlantic or living far south
I always say you're never too late for damage control but this is really leaving things late
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 793