Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1006650 times)

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #3495 on: July 29, 2016, 09:11:05 am »

Also term limits.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3496 on: July 29, 2016, 09:18:09 am »

So, have Kemalists been completely eradicated from the military or what?
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3497 on: July 29, 2016, 09:22:54 am »

So, have Kemalists been completely eradicated from the military or what?

I think you mean Gulenists? It's probably not possible to completely eradicate all of them as there will still be some who are secretly fans of Gulen or Kemal and doing it in secret.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3498 on: July 29, 2016, 09:28:02 am »

Erdogan just wants to further remake the country in his image so he becomes another ~great leader~ who can easily trample the constitution and essentialy do whatever he wants, maybe even stablish a dinasty while at the same time claiming turkey is a democracy (hello, cuba, venezuela, etc). The plan is to make turkey stop being turkey and become erdogan's proprierty. He already stablished his own group of fanatical followers and arrested/killed his main oppositors, the next step is trampling the constitution, something he can easily do.

Things like this only make it even more obvious that the UN is a joke.

Anyway, on the whole SOVIET RUSHIYA stuff, even Lenin himself noticed the full misery that the new government was causing to the people and the ruinous effect of his economical ideas put into practice (which don't go much deeper than "make the city person share things with the farm person and the farm person share things with the city person), so once shit hit the fan, he did try to revert things back to an extent, but was stopped by fellow party members and stalin, since that would essentialy be like accepting defeat and would result in massive loss of support and power as a result.

Lenin knew Stalin was a massive power hungry dweeb, but overestimated his own influence and ended up thrown under the bus. Lenin seems to me as a guy who legitimally believed the things he said, but once he noticed shit was just ruining the very people he wanted to help and had no chance of creating the society he envisioned in the first place, he tried to revert it and got smashed by the monsters he helped to create.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 09:30:08 am by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3499 on: July 29, 2016, 09:35:06 am »

The Kemalists and the Gulenists (to what extent they even exist in the military) are pretty different.

I had never heard of the Kemalists (though I think I recall Kemal being one of the Prime Ministers?) before it got posted here.

Erdogan just wants to further remake the country in his image so he becomes another ~great leader~ who can easily trample the constitution and essentialy do whatever he wants, maybe even stablish a dinasty while at the same time claiming turkey is a democracy (hello, cuba, venezuela, etc). The plan is to make turkey stop being turkey and become erdogan's proprierty. He already stablished his own group of fanatical followers and arrested/killed his main oppositors, the next step is trampling the constitution, something he can easily do.

Things like this only make it even more obvious that the UN is a joke.

I thought the UN was developed as a common forum for leaders to air their grievances without going to war? Not that it stopped Putin.

And yes, I know that arguably the UN helped prevent a WWIII or helped made things more peaceful, but that's a really, really, difficult 'what if' to simulate.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3500 on: July 29, 2016, 09:58:54 am »

I had never heard of the Kemalists (though I think I recall Kemal being one of the Prime Ministers?) before it got posted here.

Never ever say that to a Turk, lol. "One of the Prime ministers".
Mustafa Kemal 'Atatürk' was the founder of the Turkish Republic and he instated secularism.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mustafa_Kemal_Atat%C3%BCrk

Kemalists are those who defend the principles of the original Turkish Republic and secularism in his name.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kemalism

Let's just say kemalism is much older and widespread in Turkey than Gulen followers are.

Note that Erdogan most definitly is not a kemalist. He is an islamist. Gulen is an islamist too, albeit a moderate one.

As for DJ's question; yes, most kemalists had already been demoted or otherwise removed from positions of power in the military before the coup. Erdogan has been working on that for a while. The coup was not staged by kemalists. If they had given support to it it would very likely have succeeded, because despite losing positions of high rank, there's still a lot of kemalist in the lower ranks.
Who did stage the coup? Dunno. Erdogan says it was Gulen followers. Personally I am starting to get more and more convinced the whole thing was a false flag.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 10:09:03 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3501 on: July 29, 2016, 10:45:57 am »

Meanwhile in Sweden, the government has announced that it will fund a large population study into the Swedes' sexual activities, because media have been reporting for a while now that Swedes are having less and less sex.

Gabriël Wikstrom, minister of Public Health, said "it is important that we investigate if this is really the case, and if so, what could be the cause", in an interview with Dagens Nyheter, a major Swedish newspaper. He points out that "if stress or other health problems influence sex drive, this is also a political problem".

It's not the first time the Swedish population have been comprehensively interviewed about their sex life. 20 years ago, a study was also done by the government.

http://www.volkskrant.nl/buitenland/zorgen-over-seksleven-zweedse-burgers-overheid-begint-groot-onderzoek~a4348412/

Today, the minister also write an opinion piece on it in the Dagens Nyheter:
http://www.dn.se/debatt/nu-gor-vi-forsta-studien-av-svenskars-sexvanor-pa-20-ar/

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Brigands

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3502 on: July 29, 2016, 01:15:22 pm »

Looks like pathological racists started funding their own scientific studies now to make their delusions seem legit.

Quote from: Some australian bigot
2014 as many as 18 per cent were negative towards Muslims, but only 2 per cent towards Buddhists. In the same year, when the survey was conducted more anonymously online, overall negative attitudes towards Muslims rose to 44 per cent.
And those people are too afraid to even be openly racist unless anonymous. That's just disgusting.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #3503 on: July 29, 2016, 01:17:32 pm »

so any study you don't agree with is pathological?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3504 on: July 29, 2016, 01:18:04 pm »

Looks like pathological racists started funding their own scientific studies now to make their delusions seem legit.

And those people are too afraid to even be openly racist unless anonymous. That's just disgusting.

I think this should go into the Australasian thread

Brigands

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3505 on: July 29, 2016, 01:23:56 pm »

I think this should go into the Australasian thread
Dunno it fits both EU and AUS since the bogus "study" mentions EU Muslim communities a lot as well.

so any study you don't agree with is pathological?

Only when it's blatantly racist.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3506 on: July 29, 2016, 04:49:41 pm »

Muslim's a race now?

Brigands

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3507 on: July 29, 2016, 05:11:48 pm »

Muslim's a race now?

They are mostly arabic and black.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3508 on: July 29, 2016, 06:14:37 pm »

Muslim's a race now?
A race for your hearts and mind. With bullets and beheadings, what's not to love!
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #3509 on: July 29, 2016, 06:35:45 pm »

They are mostly arabic and black.
Asia and North Africa don't exist eh

Also having higher levels of skin melanin has fuckall do do with Islam. People have negative views towards Muslims because Muslims keep blowing people up. and Muslim countries are extremely barbaric.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 793