Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1006863 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #3450 on: July 27, 2016, 09:00:19 am »

Vice president Frans Timmermans stated today on behalf of the EU, that Poland will be given 3 months time to remove the new law instated by the governing PiS party, which makes it impossible for the Constitutional Court to test new laws to the Cosntitution.

If not, Poland will be facing sanctions.
I get the feeling that if a left-wing party was trying to do this, there'd be no EU opposition

Yeah, because the rightwing EU would totally just accept such machinations from a left wing government.

...Wait a minute...
Love, scriver~

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3451 on: July 27, 2016, 09:21:41 am »

Yes except TVP is a public broadcaster that was pretty much always nationalized since the late 40's.
Well, no shit, since the late 40s literally almost everything was nationalized. We didn't choose the Soviet lyfe...

Public =/= national. The media law explicitly converts it from a joint-stock company of the Treasury it used to be to national legal entities effective since the beginning of this July.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3452 on: July 27, 2016, 09:23:05 am »

The FAZ reports that the Munich shooter was a rightwing extremist, "who hated Turks and Arabs and took pride in the fact that he was born on the same date as Adolf Hitler, and considered himself a proud true Aryan because of his Iranian and German ancestry". All 9 deadly casualties turned out to be migrants.

http://www.faz.net/aktuell/politik/f-a-z-exklusiv-amoklaeufer-von-muenchen-war-rechtsextremist-14359855.html#GEPC;s3
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 09:26:58 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3453 on: July 27, 2016, 09:38:01 am »

The FAZ reports that the Munich shooter was a rightwing extremist, "who hated Turks and Arabs and took pride in the fact that he was born on the same date as Adolf Hitler, and considered himself a proud true Aryan because of his Iranian and German ancestry". All 9 deadly casualties turned out to be migrants.

http://www.faz.net/aktuell/politik/f-a-z-exklusiv-amoklaeufer-von-muenchen-war-rechtsextremist-14359855.html#GEPC;s3

Isn't that the German version of The Daily Mail? not sure which ones are reputable.

Anyway, it seems like that every shooter and terrorist is being reported as being 'mentally disturbed' in some form or another, so it's like the headline should be 'all terrorists are insane', which is stretching the definition to the point where insane also means heretic.

Brigands

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3454 on: July 27, 2016, 09:40:37 am »

Considering how guard dogs became high in demand in germany pepper spray literally ran out of stock and personal firearm sales skyrocketed in austria... i'm actually surprised something like this didn't happen earlier.
The shooter is kinda surprising tho. You'd expect a bald whiter than white neonazi with SS and swastikas tattooed all over him...

Well that's globalization i guess.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3455 on: July 27, 2016, 09:44:44 am »

Isn't that the German version of The Daily Mail? not sure which ones are reputable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankfurter_Allgemeine_Zeitung

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3456 on: July 27, 2016, 12:54:15 pm »

The Pope says the world is at war, obviously he emphasis it isn't a religious war, no, it's a war for money, against christians and atheists, it's a war for natural resources, against jews, it's a war for domination of people, against Yzidis, Buddhists and Hindus, it's definitely not a religious war. pope is smart and knows that if he says it's a religious war against Radical Muslims that totally do not represent Islam, lotta more christians gonna be beheaded in Africa and the Middle East (the few that remained in the region) by Jihadists that totally do not represent Islam.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3457 on: July 27, 2016, 01:51:19 pm »

I'm sure we can offend more people by saying that the most conservative and extreme members of particular groups are perfect representations of that group. Why stop at just Muslims, eh?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: July 27, 2016, 02:35:40 pm »

Meanwhile in Turkey, the purging continues, as today 3 news services, 16 television channels, 23 radio stations and 45 newspapers were shut down.

By now over 15000 people have been arrested, amongst whome are 10000 soldiers. 8000 Of those have been formally charged and arrested awaiting trial, the other 7000+ are being held without formal charges, which, by means of the new law, is possible for 30 days.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 02:39:11 pm by martinuzz »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3459 on: July 27, 2016, 03:52:15 pm »

The Pope says the world is at war, obviously he emphasis it isn't a religious war, no, it's a war for money, against christians and atheists, it's a war for natural resources, against jews, it's a war for domination of people, against Yzidis, Buddhists and Hindus, it's definitely not a religious war. pope is smart and knows that if he says it's a religious war against Radical Muslims that totally do not represent Islam, lotta more christians gonna be beheaded in Africa and the Middle East (the few that remained in the region) by Jihadists that totally do not represent Islam.

From the bit that WSJ allows me to read (stupid paywall), it seems like he meant that we have all forgotten how to live in peace, or something, dunno.....

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3460 on: July 27, 2016, 05:01:18 pm »

From the bit that WSJ allows me to read (stupid paywall), it seems like he meant that we have all forgotten how to live in peace, or something, dunno.....

"We" have all forgotten? how the hell are "we" responsible for these last acts of atrocities?! 

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3461 on: July 27, 2016, 05:01:46 pm »

He means we as in humanity I would assume.

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3462 on: July 27, 2016, 05:05:33 pm »

So because these Islamists were humans, we are all to blame for their actions?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: July 27, 2016, 05:07:56 pm »

"We" have all forgotten? how the hell are "we" responsible for these last acts of atrocities?! 
He means we as in humanity I would assume.
So because these Islamists were humans, we are all to blame for their actions?

It would be nice if we could read the whole thing so that we'd know exactly what he meant and not leave it open to interpretation.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #3464 on: July 27, 2016, 06:31:53 pm »

Yeah, because the rightwing EU would totally just accept such machinations from a left wing government.

...Wait a minute...
Left as in cosmopolitan liberal, not economic left
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 793