Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1006872 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #3135 on: July 19, 2016, 09:56:42 am »

Pfft, Erdogan is absolutely clueless about history if he thinks it's okay to emulate Hitler.
Turkey is a bit harder to invade and occupy than Germany, though. It has got a lot of natural obstacles on any possible invasion routes, like seas and mountains,

True, at least any reasonable invasion routes anyhow. Plus theres not-exactly-friendly-to-Westerners territory to the south that would object to being used as an invasion platform.

plus more than half of population is indoctrinated into fanatical worship of Erdogan and are ready to sacrifice their lives at a single call of their Dear Leader President.

So was Germany under Hitler. Well, I don't know the numbers, but I'm sure a lot of people were.

That, and the Turkish Army, even after coup cleansings, is still the largest standing army in the region, partially trained by the US, and well equipped.

True, and the US has supplied some of the equipment as well. I suppose as long as he doesn't try to attack Greece or annex anybody, he'll be safe.

That, and the Turkish Army, even after coup cleansings, is still the largest standing army in the region, partially trained by the US, and well equipped.
Yeah, it's kind of like Iraq in 1991, if Iraq's army was actually competent. Which is kind of scary, given than now all that power is falling into the hands of a power-mad dictator.

He hasn't shown any interest in expanding his territory AFAIK though. I do know theres the Cyprus issue and whatever disputes they have with Greece.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3136 on: July 19, 2016, 10:02:29 am »

Still, I can kinda imagine the US miltary high command holding emergency meetings for days now on how to get their nukes back to US soil asap.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3137 on: July 19, 2016, 10:15:25 am »

Still, I can kinda imagine the US miltary high command holding emergency meetings for days now on how to get their nukes back to US soil asap.

They should be able to just fly them out, though they'd have to make sure other countries don't get spooked by accident. Actually, they probably wouldn't let people know about it until after it had already happened, preferrably under the cover of night.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_sharing#NATO

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B61_nuclear_bomb (the type stored in Turkey)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 10:17:19 am by smjjames »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3138 on: July 19, 2016, 10:41:55 am »

Meanwhile, the wikileaks site was attacked and shut down, after announcing they were going to publish 300000 internal emails, and 500000 documents with information about Erdogan's AK party.
Wikileaks has commented on Twitter that they cannot say for sure who is behind the attack, but considering the timing, it seems likely the Turkish government is involved. They promise to publish the emails and documents as soon as they can. They say the documents do not contain information about the coup, but rather give a clear image of the power structures within Erdogan's AK party.

By now, the wikileaks site is accessible again.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3139 on: July 19, 2016, 10:48:26 am »

Oh he's shown great historical awareness before, when he commented that Germany should start making amends for their genocide, before having the right to say anything in the Armenian issue debate.
Hey... wasn't it national shame over the whole "Murdering Literally Millions" incident that led to the sociopolitical atmosphere responsible for the "All migrants are welcome" crisis?
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3140 on: July 19, 2016, 10:50:49 am »

Not really. Especially since "All Syrian Refugees are welcome" != "All migrants are welcome" (didn't we have an argument about that a page ago?).

Apparently 30 out of the 84 victims of Nice were Muslism, as reporte by France's catholic newspaper La Croix. So, uh, good job to the terrorrist for fighting against the Islamization of France?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3141 on: July 19, 2016, 10:51:59 am »

Oh he's shown great historical awareness before, when he commented that Germany should start making amends for their genocide, before having the right to say anything in the Armenian issue debate.
Hey... wasn't it national shame over the whole "Murdering Literally Millions" incident that led to the sociopolitical atmosphere responsible for the "All migrants are welcome" crisis?
That most certainly played a part. WW2 guilt is still very much alive in the subconsciousness of German society, up to the current generation, or at least generation X.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3142 on: July 19, 2016, 11:02:59 am »

Not really. Especially since "All Syrian Refugees are welcome" != "All migrants are welcome" (didn't we have an argument about that a page ago?).
Yeah, one policy fits all
Read the banners your people put up, all of them said Refugees welcome, not Syrian refugees welcome
From the farthest corners of the Congo to Pakistan you guys didn't really give a shit, and your open border policy applied to everyone seeking asylum not refugees. No processing at your border, no security checks, just allow everyone in in such great quantity that it honestly didn't matter what you wanted to happen cos there would be no controlling anything, then bitch at the rest of Europe for not taking your invited guests lol
Visegrad slavs are still salty youropoors tried fining them into taking their migrants

Despotic bureaucracy: Not even once

Apparently 30 out of the 84 victims of Nice were Muslism, as reporte by France's catholic newspaper La Croix. So, uh, good job to the terrorrist for fighting against the Islamization of France?
54 > 30

Not to mention they want to spread their shame even to countries that fought to the death against Nazis

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3143 on: July 19, 2016, 11:05:47 am »

At least he isn't marching them to Gulags (or the Turkish versions) and shooting them all.
For now. I think the fact that he ordered to deny all of the politically prosecuted people lawyers, combined with him wanting to reinstate death penalty, means that he certainly wants to do that very, very much.

Recall that earlier he stated "why shouldn't we reinstate the death penalty when the population want the perpetrators executed?"
Sounds rather like he wants everyone who's been detained killed.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3144 on: July 19, 2016, 11:08:37 am »

Read the banners your people put up, all of them said Refugees welcome, not Syrian refugees welcome

He was referring policy, not slogan though.

54 > 30

Yeah, but if your keep murdering people at that ration, you'll be out of Muslims long before you're out of non-Muslims. :p

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3145 on: July 19, 2016, 11:13:55 am »

Correction: 34 infidels that went celebrating the birth of the modern republic.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3146 on: July 19, 2016, 11:43:40 am »

Hypocrite Muslims that celebrated a dirty Western holiday? For ISIS supporters those are top priority targets.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3147 on: July 19, 2016, 12:08:28 pm »

He was referring policy, not slogan though.
Policy is asylum seekers welcome, not specified to Syrian, encompassing all asylum seekers from South of Med and East of Med

54 > 30
Yeah, but if your keep murdering people at that ration, you'll be out of Muslims long before you're out of non-Muslims. :p
2 infidels for 1 probable infidel = net removal of infidels
Couple that with higher birthrates for Muslim families, supplementation with mass migration and polygamous marriages, in addition to Europeans not having kids
This murder ratio would be very acceptable by ISIS strategy, especially since they view non-conforming Muslims as infidels too

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3148 on: July 19, 2016, 12:34:33 pm »

Pretty sure a 2/1 kill ratio for Isis would still see them wiped out before they did more than conquer a city or two.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3149 on: July 19, 2016, 12:45:54 pm »

A 2/1 kill ratio would see all French muslims deads with over 80% of French non-muslims left.

Policy is asylum seekers welcome, not specified to Syrian, encompassing all asylum seekers from South of Med and East of Med

Debatable, international law force us to takes in all refugees, but efforts were targeted at Syrians: The Turkish deal have Greece deport all migrants and asylum seeker to Turkey, taking one Syrian for every Syrian, not caring about Afghans and so on. Merkel in the beginning was talking about Syrians, although the failure to set up an orderly process didn't actually allow targeting toward Syrians. But yeah, I just wanted to insist on the distnction between asylum seekers and migrants we've been talking before.  :)

Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 793