Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1006770 times)

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #2640 on: June 26, 2016, 06:11:08 am »

What's up with the northeasternmost Asia claim? As far as I know, there's no Muslim presence there either modern or historical.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2641 on: June 26, 2016, 09:24:34 am »

It rather noticeably claims loads of Christian Africa that just so happens to be oil and mineral rich

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: June 26, 2016, 10:35:03 am »

I'm also noticing a brown field over the northern parts of the Japanese archipelago-line - I guess that explains why Japan and Russia are so adamant about getting those for themselves too.
Love, scriver~

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #2644 on: June 29, 2016, 01:45:22 am »

Number's been updated to 50 ish IIRC. Horrible stuff.

Also, IS didn't actually claim responsibility, so maybe it wasn't them? Kinda hard to say what counts and what doesn't, I guess.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: June 29, 2016, 07:33:46 am »

IS should be really happy that they're not recognized as a state by the UN. Or else Turkey (or any other NATO member that suffers a terrorist attack by IS) could scream article 5, and NATO would have to declare war on IS officially.

So, no, I'm not supporting terrorist organisations when I say that I would like the UN to recognize IS as an official state.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2646 on: June 29, 2016, 08:27:59 am »

Number's been updated to 50 ish IIRC. Horrible stuff.

Also, IS didn't actually claim responsibility, so maybe it wasn't them? Kinda hard to say what counts and what doesn't, I guess.
The lack of any immediate claim for this attack by so-called Islamic State is not surprising. IS rarely, if ever, claims responsibility for attacks against the Turkish state yet it is quick to advertise its assassinations of Syrian activists inside Turkey.

All the signs point towards IS being the culprits. This is what British counter-terrorism officials term "a marauding terrorist firearms attack", following a pattern first seen in the Mumbai attacks of 2008.

The next suspect are the Kurds but
Turkey's other main foe, Kurdish separatists, have carried out many attacks over the years but their primary targets have tended to be Turkish policemen and soldiers.
Probably ISIS

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: June 29, 2016, 12:32:19 pm »

Since we're speaking about Turkey, Erdogan has finally apologized for shooting down a Russian jet. Looks like Turkey's position was not as strong as he imagined it several months before...
._.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: June 30, 2016, 05:05:32 am »

I don't think it's that Sergarr. It's more like Erdogan being a pragmatist. Relations with EU worsened lately, Erdogan even proposed a referendum to ask the Turks if they want to continue the join the EU process at all. Improving relations with Russia fits in that line. EU's worst nightmare would be to lose influence over the Gate to Europe. Or worse, Turkey leaving NATO.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: June 30, 2016, 05:19:35 am »

+1 to above. Plus he wants Russian tourists and Russian markets back.

Yet he forgets number one rule of world politics - friendship\cooperation with Russia never ends well.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2650 on: June 30, 2016, 05:41:31 am »

Yet he forgets number one rule of world politics - friendship\cooperation with Russia never ends well.
China seems to be doing pretty well at the moment...
._.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: June 30, 2016, 08:59:36 am »

IS should be really happy that they're not recognized as a state by the UN. Or else Turkey (or any other NATO member that suffers a terrorist attack by IS) could scream article 5, and NATO would have to declare war on IS officially.

So, no, I'm not supporting terrorist organisations when I say that I would like the UN to recognize IS as an official state.
Oh boy.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: June 30, 2016, 10:16:59 am »

It does not look like anyone except iran and syria want to really engage isis in any way except dropping few bombs from above.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: June 30, 2016, 10:19:49 am »

It does not look like anyone except iran and syria want to really engage isis in any way except dropping few bombs from above.

It is because engaging terrorists is a HUGE slog... especially where ISIS is located.

Basically... You remember playing Diablo with the succubi who would fire bloodstars at you and then run away whenever you go towards them only for other ones to harass you in the back? Yeah imagine them if they also had the Zerg burrow ability from StarCraft 2.

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: June 30, 2016, 10:56:10 am »

If the West, led by the Untied States, engaged in a serious ground effort to combat them, ISIS would get a tremendous morale boost, would get flooded in locals and foreigners joining them and would ensure that their image as Islamic liberators fighting against infidels and crusaders would further entrench itself within muslim minds.

Besides, the West spends considerably more funds and resources on fighting ISIS than Iran or Russia.
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 793