Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 795

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1060985 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related news thread
« Reply #1230 on: March 22, 2016, 10:52:54 am »

"Not all muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are muslims" mindset.

Except you can easily disprove that simply by naming Breivik, or if you want to keep going, by rattling off a litany of white non-muslim american terrorists, like Dylan Roof (the racist kid who shot up the AME church), the nutjob who shot up the abortion clinic recently-ish, the Dark Knight theatre shooter, practically every US school shooter ever, everyone who ever assassinated a US president, and so on...

That's an extremely broad definition of terrorism.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: March 22, 2016, 10:55:24 am »

Even if you use a narrow definition, Breivik would remain.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: March 22, 2016, 10:56:25 am »

Not to mention, besides breivik, American. At least mention the ETA, IRA, or the Red Front, man.
Love, scriver~

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: March 22, 2016, 10:57:38 am »

It fits the FBI definition and the Department of Defense's Definition to be honest.

Quote from: DoD
the calculated use of unlawful violence or threat of unlawful violence to inculcate fear; intended to coerce or to intimidate governments or societies in the pursuit of goals that are generally political, religious, or ideological.

Quote from: FBI
Terrorism is the unlawful use of force and violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: March 22, 2016, 11:06:06 am »

Woo.
First time i'm happy about living in the racist eastern Europe. At least muslims give this place a wide berth (most anyway).
Now i'm starting to wonder how long till people get tired of this and start organizing lynch mobs following a "Not all muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are muslims" mindset.
A kristallnacht 2.0 of sorts.

With the amount of shit happening lately i'm surprised it's taking so long for mass reactionary violence to start.

Mob mentality doesn't work that way.

It wouldn't surprise me if there was a more advanced purge of Molenbeek with door by door searching of everywhere after this.

Also, RIP schengen.

Edit: Also, from the Politico Euro editions liveblog, sounds like this might accelerate a Brexit.
The schengen death could be potentially avoided if EU employs intrusive USA style racial/religious profiling.
Also what good the brexit will do here? GB is already full of muslims.

Except you can easily disprove that simply by naming Breivik, or if you want to keep going, by rattling off a litany of white non-muslim american terrorists, like Dylan Roof (the racist kid who shot up the AME church), the nutjob who shot up the abortion clinic recently-ish, the Dark Knight theatre shooter, practically every US school shooter ever, everyone who ever assassinated a US president, and so on...

It was an example of how an angry crowd would see things not a scientific fact.
But anyway Breivik was a rabid right winger putting him in direct opposition to letting any muslims in. His methods were just as cruel but working in the opposite direction since he believed that he was fighting against the left wing that in his eyes ruined Europe.

Funny how most of your examples were from USA.

USA you see is a very special place where every idiot who's 18 can get a shotgun thanks to the retardedly lax gun laws.
It's one thing when an angsty teen can just grab his dads handgun and kill several of his classmates and another when guns are only available via convoluted if not straight up illegal means.
Most would be european shooters just give up because they can't get a hold of a firearm before they cool down and realize they would be doing something stupid and waste their life.
And those who pull through (like Breivik) are rare and far in between.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: March 22, 2016, 11:18:33 am »

Yeah - a shooting in the US is just another murder. In the UK, it's regional or even national news.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: March 22, 2016, 12:05:21 pm »

USA you see is a very special place where every idiot who's 18 can get a shotgun thanks to the retardedly lax gun laws.

One of these is fake, the rest are actual views. You can probably guess which one:
"If you ban guns only criminals will have them, and then how will folks defend themselves and their family against criminals with guns?"
"Even restricting gun ownership is a violation of the second amendment!"
"These 'assault weapon' bans are stupid. All they do is ban having several cosmetic features on the same gun associated with 'assault weapons', like, for example, a pistol grip and a folding stock."
"Obama and the democrats keep complaining about the 'gun show loophole', but I watched a video that proved that nobody at a gun show will sell you a gun without a background check, so why do they keep lying about it?"
"They may take our lives, but they will never take our bear arms!"

(Generally from white people, since the impression I get is that cops are much more trigger-happy with black people when they think they might have a gun, regardless of the second amendment giving them the same right to bear arms.)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: March 22, 2016, 12:22:14 pm »

One of these is fake, the rest are actual views. You can probably guess which one:
"If you ban guns only criminals will have them, and then how will folks defend themselves and their family against criminals with guns?"
"Even restricting gun ownership is a violation of the second amendment!"
"These 'assault weapon' bans are stupid. All they do is ban having several cosmetic features on the same gun associated with 'assault weapons', like, for example, a pistol grip and a folding stock."
"Obama and the democrats keep complaining about the 'gun show loophole', but I watched a video that proved that nobody at a gun show will sell you a gun without a background check, so why do they keep lying about it?"
"They may take our lives, but they will never take our bear arms!"

(Generally from white people, since the impression I get is that cops are much more trigger-happy with black people when they think they might have a gun, regardless of the second amendment giving them the same right to bear arms.)

There is only one fact here. Europe has an incomparably lower number of shootings because guns are not available to the general populace.
And with guns being hard to get only criminals with some good ties get to have a pistol while the average alley mugger will have a knife at best.

Of course you can't just take the guns from Americans and watch them cry wolf because firearms are too widespread for that to work and mandating that would be political suicide (and an instant win for whoever promises to give the boomsticks back first) on the next elections.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1238 on: March 22, 2016, 12:22:21 pm »

This is getting too retarded I think I'm going to wait this out

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: March 22, 2016, 12:29:11 pm »

This is getting too retarded I think I'm going to wait this out

I never expected to see this.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1240 on: March 22, 2016, 12:29:27 pm »

The problem I don't get with guns is that, as I under Polish law you can own replicas of front loading guns from like before 1900s or something, which means you can own some old revolvers. While reloading them is horrible, if I positively, objectively wanted to shoot up school I could just buy half a dozen of them and then go shoot people.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: March 22, 2016, 12:36:19 pm »

Is this a fitting day to discuss gun control laws?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: March 22, 2016, 12:36:25 pm »

Please refrain from polluting the EU thread with 2nd amendment gunpowder residue.

In other news:
The Ukrainian pilot Nadezjda Savtsjenko has been sentenced to 22 years imprisonment for the murder of two journalists, by the Russian federal court. According to the prosecutor, she was part of a unit that shelled civilians with mortars in june 2014.

Savtsjenko herself has always claimed to be innocent. She says she has been kidnapped by pro-Russian rebels and smuggled into Russia to be put on political trial (ironically, the Russian prosecution is also charging her for illegally entering Russia).
According to her, it is impossible for her to have taken part in the shelling of the civilians, because at the time of the shelling, she was already in captivity of the rebels.

Ever since she has been arrested, she has gone on several hunger strikes, of which she managed to endure one strike for nearly 80 days. She has grown to be a national hero in Ukraine, and she has been chosen as a member of parliament for the party of former prime-minister Julia Timosjenko.
During the verdict, she interrupted the judges and started singing the Ukrainian national anthem. Several people in the audience joined in. The court was dismissed for a while to restore order.

Ukraine's president Porosjenko has called Putin to offer an exchange of two Russian prisoners of war in exchange for the pilot. According to Porosjenko, Putin has promised him earlier that the pilot can return to Ukraine when the trial is over.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 12:51:47 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: March 22, 2016, 12:42:41 pm »

* Egan runs through the euro thread buck naked but for a cowboy hat, "yee-haw"ing and firing revolvers and shotguns into the air.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: March 22, 2016, 12:52:50 pm »

ISIS unsurprisingly claim responsability for the attack.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 795