Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1006807 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related news thread
« Reply #720 on: February 16, 2016, 11:24:08 am »

Nope, in true balkan fashion it's a three way clusterfuck between Serbs, Croats and Bosnians (or Bosniaks as they like to call themselves because apparently being islamized Serbs/Croats makes you a nationality or something now)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: February 16, 2016, 12:28:12 pm »

In other sad Bosnian new, the Bosnian place down from my dorm apparently closed, and its owner opened a Bosnian hair salon next door. My stomach pine for burek.
You can probably just ask him. If he likes you, maybe he'll get his wife to make some to order.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #722 on: February 16, 2016, 01:40:20 pm »

So, EU represent about 50% of UK trade, UK represent about 8% or rEU trade, so the rEU is going to bow backward to Westminster because we need them so much? Welcome to the wonderful world of LW logic.
Ha, I do not want or need domination of the EU so the EU bending backwards is not the goal, the EU represents less than half of our imports - do you know what happens when we don't buy German? We buy America, we buy Chinese, we buy British, we buy Japanese - tell me how Germany can compete, and what happens when Germany cuts itself off from British money and gas? Because for us, there is literally the entire rest of the world and the Commonwealth. All I need is the EU to stop trying to destroy my country, which is much more achievable than domination.

Also, I love how you're spinning that as a trade war. The thing is that if the UK leaves the EU, it leaves the common market. Spoiler alert, when you leave the EU, you leave the benefits associated with the EU.
Yeah and Russia never went to war with Ukraine and the US was just policing Iraq, news at 10 a trade war is not a trade war when we call it punitive action

The Eurosceptic fantasy that they can leave the EU but still keep all the parts they like is just a fantasy. It's be hilarious if the Brits ended up paying more to the EU budget when outside than in, like the Norwegians. :p
Please don't, Dorsidwarf? If somebody is ignoring somebody, trust that it's for a good reason.
Yeah I'm not the only one noticing you actually ignored my entire argument in favour of strawman fantasies

Sheb u bein a pleb sheb m8 u muggy blot i swer on me nan lik im gettin shekels wiv me m8s down guandong if u kno what i mean cos u takin liberties get in the bin
I am just disappointed with you

Seriously if we can have free trade with China without China controlling our government then we'll just trade with China and let Germany's fiscally unbalanced and stagnant economy falter, because it is increasingly self-evident that Germany is not our friend. I say Germany as well, because as I have said before only now the countries Germany hasn't isolated itself from are Sweden, Netherlands and Belgium. Heck, I say Germany when really I should say German government, and when I say that it's loads of muppets you don't even get to vote for :P
In the last few years we have made a huge difference and built a much stronger bilateral trading relationship between our countries. The figures tell the story - bilateral trade at record levels, our exports to China up 15% in 2013, they have more than doubled in the last 5 years and at £1 billion a month, they are growing faster than France or Germany.
These figures prove once again that Britain is the most open economy in the EU, the most welcoming to Chinese investment including in our nuclear industry and our infrastructure and I’m determined to keep it that way.
You would have to divorce the US-UK special relationship, bankrupt the banking capital of the world (hehehehehe), turn the ambivalent Chinese against making money in their most popular investment site, unite all of the EU in common policy necessitating ludicrous power grabs (though once the UK is out that's really your call) and assumes there won't just be some glorious mockery of the sanctions the same way Russia at the end of the day got everything through Serbia and still had a Germany dependent on their gas.

Also top kek, Norway's shekels to the EU are humanitarian
http://www.eu-norway.org/eu/Financial-contribution/#.VsNWpeYaqrJ
Honestly if Norwegian politicians weren't all proggy (with even their eurosceptics being left-wing) and they had the shekelry of the UK zero fucks would be given, if even progressives in Norway will not put a price on their democracy then I will be damned ten fold if I with more means deny myself.

Now I wonder why you didn't address my numbers but retorted with an uncited conglomeration, so here's the Dorsidorf edit again
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This is without even noting that foreign trade has had a negative effect on German economic growth. You have no idea how much fun I have seeing people who should know better threatening people who know their strengths, someone is needed here and it doesn't rhyme with Sherman. German industry has so many competitors, British money has none, a shekel here is a shekel anywhere in the world - dollar is King. The UK in this regard is quite lucky because we also do our own free trade negotiations or the opposite, Italy for example because they are within the EU gets no say on whether their tariffs stay or go to protect Italian industry from cheap Chinese goods. They have no say because they cannot decide for themselves any EU policy, that being decided for Germany, and if interests do not align - who loses out there? For Greece, for Portugal, for Ireland and now Italy, the answer is consistent. You pay the toll you get the troll, whilst the UK gets some very nice merch!
Also top kek UK imports from MINT and BRIC fill my taste buds with joy.

Spoiler: histfluff (click to show/hide)
Perhaps most relevant is when Napoleon tried economically destroying Great Britain.
The Napoleonic Empire had at this time conquered all of continental Europe or else had forced the compliance of all the nations of Europe, Ottomans aside. One nation remained because of that fucking ditch, the United Kingdoms. Being the first to undergo the Industrial Revolution, every brick of tea, every bar of soap and every engine had a little print saying 'Made in Britain' fashioned by the hands of an English sweatshop child, (though today that role has been outsourced to China), some things never change. Another thing that hasn't changed is that as a result of this Revolutionary headstart, London had become the Industrial and Business centre of Europe. Not being able to subjugate, destroy or coerce the United Kingdoms militarily or politically, Napoleon tried his hand at economics. He issued the Berlin Decree, forbidding his allies and his conquered states to do any business with the United Kingdoms. Further than that, he even declared that any neutral shipping paying British service at their ports would be considered British and seized.
Napoleon Bonaparte in charge of the French Empire had just roflestomped the European continent. The French had trouble with corrupt customs officers and with controlling their allies, but overall the Berlin Decree was successful in reducing British exports to the Continent by almost a quarter to a half.

To his dismay this did not result in the economic collapse and hyperinflation of the United Kingdoms.

The British just increased trade to North and South America.

Napoleon's blockade caused much suffering for the French and Dutch though and turned most of Europe against France when they realized the embargo had not hurt the UK and they had inflicted this suffering upon themselves in vain. Napoleon's disastrous invasion of Iberia and Russia ensues as they withdraw from the blockade. Quite symbolic really, that installing a blockade upon Britain walks hand in hand with invading Russia during winter.

The parallels today are quite obvious. London is the business and financial centre of Europe and now also the world. It conducts more tons of commercial shipping than it has at any point in its history. And an upstart continental is assuming it has some arrogant right to decide it can conquer the UK through trade war. Germany doesn't even have the uboats to try and stop us trading with the rest of the world anymore, whilst our blue water navy is still mucking about. Trade with Germany is good because Germans make some good stuff, but if they're going to not treat us like allies and treat us like contagions to be exterminated with Mengelian nazi pride the UK is dropping Berlin faster than you can say scheiße :P And that honestly goes for whether we choose to drop the Commission or uphold it in the end, you cannot treat your allies like Greece, least of all ones with teeth. It's immoral, and worse - it bites you in the arse. I do love the irony in island nations being free to associate with the world whilst continental ones are isolated in their midst.

P.s. I'm no shekelphobe Dorsidorf, I am very shekelprogressive, all shekels are good whether you call them euroshekel, sterlingshekel, dollarshekel, shekelshekel e.t.c.

Eh, I do admit that I've developed the habit of more or less just skimming LW's posts. Dorsi's right though, that one was both readable and somewhat interesting. I'd like to remark though that it is somewhat misleading to list the Continental countries separately instead of as one 'EU' block.
It is misleading to list the countries as one bloc, when they do not act as one. It is why I always point out the insanity of trying to use holistic EU statistics for Sweden and Germany's humanitarian crisis when they are alone on this. France is not threatening us with trade war, Portugal is not threatening us with trade war, Denmark is not, Poland is not, Hungary is not, Austria is not, Spain is not, Italy is not e.t.c.
Only German ministers, with Gunther Krichbaum being a repeat offender.

I'm really rooting for UK to leave the union tho, simply to see what comes of it afterwards, hopefully such a huge thing might be a wake-up call to the other member states to get their shit together and stop this madness, or atleast, mitigate the horrible mess as best they can, because it feels like the train has left the station and nobody bothered to check if it had any brakes.
Indeed. Whether any other nations follow suit or not the EU would have to take into consideration that they actually have to care for their people instead of take it for granted that they'll give them power in exchange for exploitation. There's a silver lining to everything, I sort of want to at least see France, Belgium and Germany fuse together by the end of this century or the next at the very least. The borders would look a lot neater, and the extra reich (less Adolf, more Charlemagne) would be a country for the history books.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: February 16, 2016, 01:56:57 pm »

And again, we reach the point where I don't know what's argument, what's shitposting and what's being wrong and I find myself at a loss of how to respond.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #724 on: February 16, 2016, 01:58:04 pm »

Numbers Sheb, in English or Frenglish numbers are always numbers

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: February 16, 2016, 02:52:01 pm »

Nope, in true balkan fashion it's a three way clusterfuck between Serbs, Croats and Bosnians (or Bosniaks as they like to call themselves because apparently being islamized Serbs/Croats makes you a nationality or something now)

It always makes me sad to read about my father's home country, since it's... well, B&H. Even though my dad's not truly Bosnian (he was born back when it was Yugoslavia, to a Croatian father and Serbian mother in or nearby Sarajevo), he still refers to himself as such. Not Bosniak or whatever, but Bosnian.

Pretty much, because it's a region that people are from and that's what most people call them. It's only recently that certain elements have begun pushing the Bosniak thing, mostly to have a reason the keep their third of power. Another thing related to that is the recent (well not so anymore) population poll (or whatever the thing where they basically interview everyone in the country in regards to their nationality, religion etc.) is still to see the light of day, because clearly the nubmers would disfavour an equal three way split and we can't have that now can we. Not when the dipshits in charge are so close to paying off their third mansion.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: February 17, 2016, 11:15:44 am »

whahahahahahahaha wut.
wait

WHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA WUT

WAIT WUT LOL?

Okay. The Russian government started a new campaign against smoking.
You can find big posters now in busstations in Moskou, of...

president Obama, smoking a cigarette.

The subscript is:
"Smoking kills more people than Obama, and Obama kills many.
Don't smoke, don't be like Obama"

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/feb/17/moscow-anti-smoking-campaign-uses-obamas-image
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: February 17, 2016, 11:23:25 am »

Do not make us liberate you, Putin.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #728 on: February 17, 2016, 11:28:23 am »

Whoever made that needs a pay rise

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: February 17, 2016, 11:42:45 am »

Couldn't agree more. He deserves his weight in $$

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: February 17, 2016, 11:45:03 am »

Couldn't agree more. He deserves his weight in $$
If they pay him in rubles, that'd be worth about $5.  At least, this morning. By dinner time, he might not be able to buy a hamburger. :P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: February 17, 2016, 11:45:46 am »

whahahahahahahaha wut.
wait

WHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA WUT

WAIT WUT LOL?

Okay. The Russian government started a new campaign against smoking.
You can find big posters now in busstations in Moskou, of...

president Obama, smoking a cigarette.

The subscript is:
"Smoking kills more people than Obama, and Obama kills many.
Don't smoke, don't be like Obama"

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/feb/17/moscow-anti-smoking-campaign-uses-obamas-image
Thanks Obama!
._.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: February 17, 2016, 01:55:10 pm »

I still don't get your point LW. What's the point of that rant about Napoleon? And no one wants to blockade the UK so why bring up the Royal Navy? No one wants a trade war, but in the event of Brexit, trade negotiations would have to take place, the point the pro-EU people are making is that the UK is going to be lacking leverage.

I think your point is that the UK is in a better position than the rest of the EU for post-Brexit trade negociations, but given the respective size of the economies that just doesn't make sense, and I don't see what the numbers you posted would change. Also, I don't see why you make such a big deal of Germany fiscal situation. Germany is running a 0.7% budget surplus (Compared to a 4.4% budget deficit for the UK), is paying 0.25% interst rate on its bonds (1.47% for the UK) and has debt of 71% of GDP and falling (compared to 88% and climbing for the UK.)

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: February 17, 2016, 04:05:22 pm »

Disclaimer: points will be deducted for each of  the following words and phrases in the answer.:

Shekel
Progressiv
Shekelprogressive
Kaiser
Reich
Kultur
Sheep
Shekelprogressive
Pleb
Sheb u pleb get in the shed
Shekelprogressive
Kek
Shekelprogressive
Shekelprogressive
Shekelprogressive
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #734 on: February 17, 2016, 08:43:39 pm »

I still don't get your point LW.
Then I shall do my best to illustrate

What's the point of that rant about Napoleon? And no one wants to blockade the UK so why bring up the Royal Navy? No one wants a trade war, but in the event of Brexit, trade negotiations would have to take place, the point the pro-EU people are making is that the UK is going to be lacking leverage.
Every single attempt in the past by European continentals to bankrupt the United Kingdoms with trade barriers has resulted in dismal failure because the UK trades with the world, and you can only say the UK lacks leverage when you ignore its leverage - the fact that it does not need German imports, that it does not need German money, that Germany needs UK gas to not have half of its gas imports come from Russia and that Germany can literally do nothing to stop the UK from trading with anyone it doesn't want to, in or out of the EU. If Germany would want to impose as many tariffs as it wants on the UK to try and crush the UK automobile industry those cars just get sent abroad. Just as Napoleon before stimulated transatlantic trade between the UK and the Americas today excellent chancellors like Gunther encourage British redistributors to look to the growing economies of MINT and BRIC, the Commonwealth and the Anglosphere. The reason why I say look at the numbers is because the numbers speak plain language whatever your language, Germany's trade is currently having a negative impact on the German economy whilst for the UK trade is having a positive impact and less of it comes from continent whilst more of it comes from the globe! At most, if we assume all of the European countries unite as they did under Napoleon and impose trade barriers upon the UK, what happens?
The UK drops tariffs on EU imports to zero and British exports reduce and business goes on as usual. We have no trade deals at all with Nigeria and our exports to them increased by 99% in one year, Germany with her debt bomb can do whatever she wants, she is kicking a cactus field to spite the customer buying from it

I think your point is that the UK is in a better position than the rest of the EU for post-Brexit trade negociations
I am not being subtle at all, you do not need to guess what you think my point is when I am very clearly stating what it is, and as long as I have spare time I'm happy to point out anything you think I might be saying that you think I have not made clear enough

Disclaimer: points will be deducted for each of  the following words and phrases in the answer.:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
No kek do, I am shillingsexual, I'm in love with the drachma, the pecunia is peculiar to me, sterlings are sterling to me~ dolla dolla holla holla

but given the respective size of the economies that just doesn't make sense, and I don't see what the numbers you posted would change.
Are you legitimately arguing that the 5th largest economy in the world with the financial capital of the world doesn't have its own breadbasket sorted? Kudos to the likes of Covenant for pointing out we could have more industry sure, but we are not reliant on our industry at all whereas for Germany it is key. These are the numbers and what my point was for each I've already posted, in their barest form:

(Broken up into three posts because this is by far the longest and most detailed citation-chucked analysis on Europol I've ever done. I think there's only two or three moments of shitpostery in it too). When talking about numbers, one talks numbers.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 793