Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 795

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1058878 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related news thread
« Reply #435 on: January 24, 2016, 06:30:12 am »

Hah. This must be the most relaxing job assignment civil servants ever got: In Amsterdam, the city council is sending it's civil servants undercover.
They are going to go to the various massage salons in Amsterdam, and get a massage. If at any time, they are offered anything more erotic than a massage, they will report, and the salon will be closed by police. Illegal prostitution and woman slavery apparently is becoming a large problem in Amsterdam's massage salons.

"how was your job?"
"got 25 massages and a blowjob, I'm exhausted"

Wait, isn't annoucing an undercover operation publicly kind of going against said undercover operation? Because what's stopping said salons from just stopping offering said services until the percieved danger has passed? Other than sheer stupidity that is.
It's not a one time action, I believe they are planning on keeping the operation going for a while, or perhaps even indefinitly. Look at it like the Food and Health authority inspectors. It'll be just like that, but then for the massage sector. If all illegal pimps stop whoring for that period? Fine. Mission accomplished, at least for the period of control, no more illegal whoring. If they don't stop pimping? They'll get caught. Mission accomplished as well.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 06:32:05 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: January 24, 2016, 06:56:20 am »

When peaceful methods of protest fail and the government fails to meet the needs of the people, the people must take actions to ensure that their demands are listened to.
Those are actions of a cowardly minority.

If you talking on behalf of entire nation then go on, gather few millions on the streets in a peaceful protest if you want government to hear you.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: January 24, 2016, 06:59:02 am »

When peaceful methods of protest fail and the government fails to meet the needs of the people, the people must take actions to ensure that their demands are listened to.

If you talking on behalf of entire nation then go on, gather few millions on the streets in a peaceful protest if you want government to hear you.
+1
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #438 on: January 24, 2016, 07:00:26 am »

In Basinghausen, Germany, firefighters narrowly escaped with their life, when they discovered that arsonists had not only set fire to a refugee center under construction, but they also placed leaking gas canisters inside. Quick reaction of the firefighters, who immediatly removed the gas canisters from the fire and prioritized cooling those, prevented them from exploding and injuring or killing the firefighters.

Estimated damage to the refugee center under construction is 100000 euros.
Minister president Weil, of the Lower Saxony district said he is 'ashamed that things like this keep happening in Lower Saxony'. The Basinghausen area is notorious for having a higher than national average neo-nazi population.

http://www.volkskrant.nl/buitenland/bijna-explosie-in-duitsland-in-brandend-azc-in-aanbouw~a4231106/

So terrorism is a good thing?

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: January 24, 2016, 07:02:02 am »

Yeah, those would-be murderers are as much 'the people' as Cleve Bundy's bandit gang was 'the people'. Protip: If you have to claim the backing of the 'silent majority' against the non-silent majority that denounces you, you're very probably wrong.

Also, Null, you should probably think long and hard about why you defend people who apparently very deliberately tried to kill those firemen. They're quite literally terrorists, and you're apparently not very far away from their mindframe.

E: Dammit, Arx, quit ninjaing me.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

nullBolt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: January 24, 2016, 07:18:42 am »

People have done. The government has not listened. Do you think the current government cares?

If people in the USSR had taken to the streets, would the government have listened?

So terrorism is a good thing?

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

The sad thing is that I have more respect for ISIS than I do for European governance. At least one is fighting for what they think of as their people.

Yeah, those would-be murderers are as much 'the people' as Cleve Bundy's bandit gang was 'the people'. Protip: If you have to claim the backing of the 'silent majority' against the non-silent majority that denounces you, you're very probably wrong.

Also, Null, you should probably think long and hard about why you defend people who apparently very deliberately tried to kill those firemen. They're quite literally terrorists, and you're apparently not very far away from their mindframe.

Do you think the media is the non-silent majority? Really? A media that has been shown to have been lying (deliberately and by omission) for the past five years.

I mean, fuck, like two pages back there was a report about Polish protests which have not been shown at all in the Western media.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: January 24, 2016, 07:52:59 am »

People have done. The government has not listened. Do you think the current government cares?

If people in the USSR had taken to the streets, would the government have listened?
Do you release that you say this to a Ukrainian? We had people on the streets, government didn't listen, things went violent.

We had enough radicals to start going terrorism route and many tasty targets to blow up. We never did it and I am proud that we never acted this way. It is wisdom of my nation.

Oh, and yes, when people went to the streets USSR listened... It collapsed. There was a crowd led by Yeltsin, you know?

Go and gather at least quarter of million protesters in Berlin or Paris and camp there for few weeks. Then we will see if the government (and other part of nation) will listen.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #442 on: January 24, 2016, 08:21:41 am »

The problem, nullBolt, is that

a) I haven't seen much to suggest that non-violent protest has been happening on a grand scale, and
b) Are you sure anti-immigration feeling is the will of the majority? I haven't seen anything suggesting it's the will of the absolute majority.

I'm not going to try to engage with anything else you've said because I think we have irreconcilable ideological differences there and there's not much point in trying to argue it.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: January 24, 2016, 08:25:53 am »

Do you think the media is the non-silent majority? Really? A media that has been shown to have been lying (deliberately and by omission) for the past five years.
Do you really think you and your echo chamber have the objective truth, and everyone else is just lying maliciously? Show me one poll indicating widespread German support for terrorist acts like the ones you defend, for the murderers and arsonists you call 'freedom fighters'. The AfD is at ten per cent right now, almost exclusively supported by men, and about 68% of Germans believe it to be a transient movement./url] Tell me, where do you see a fucking silent majority in that?

Go and gather at least quarter of million protesters in Berlin or Paris and camp there for few weeks. Then we will see if the government (and other part of nation) will listen.
Yeah, this. They tried, actually - Pegida, Legida, Kögida, Bogida, and all the other organizations where cowards gather to feel strong as part of the mass. Apart from a couple cities in the East they were vastly outnumbered everywhere by the counter-protesters.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: January 24, 2016, 08:41:12 am »

It's pretty hard to protest anything when you will be painted as racist and ostracized for criticizing anything related to immigration, even if you are a Muslim immigrant yourself and revealing active recruiting by terror organisations such as al-Shabab in your very home quarters. This translated interview is from the documentary/investigative show the above article is about, if you don't want to google translate. The show is Uppdrag Granskning from SvT, the Swedish state television.

quote author=Ukrainian Ranger link=topic=155469.msg6760309#msg6760309 date=1453639979]
Yeah, this. They tried, actually - Pegida, Legida, Kögida, Bogida, and all the other organizations where cowards gather to feel strong as part of the mass. Apart from a couple cities in the East they were vastly outnumbered everywhere by the counter-protesters.
[/quote]

So when Pegida and the like gathers they are cowards, but the counter-protesters aren't? What are they then, heroes?
Love, scriver~

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: January 24, 2016, 08:53:08 am »

In Basinghausen, Germany, firefighters narrowly escaped with their life, when they discovered that arsonists had not only set fire to a refugee center under construction, but they also placed leaking gas canisters inside. Quick reaction of the firefighters, who immediatly removed the gas canisters from the fire and prioritized cooling those, prevented them from exploding and injuring or killing the firefighters.

Estimated damage to the refugee center under construction is 100000 euros.
Minister president Weil, of the Lower Saxony district said he is 'ashamed that things like this keep happening in Lower Saxony'. The Basinghausen area is notorious for having a higher than national average neo-nazi population.

http://www.volkskrant.nl/buitenland/bijna-explosie-in-duitsland-in-brandend-azc-in-aanbouw~a4231106/

This is one of the sentiments that is very much a problem currently.

this is NOT a normal NOR acceptable thing to do. These people have NOTHING that supports their claims that "peaceful methods have failed".

Europe is anything but divided on the refugee problem and the politics show exactly that.

What these people are doing is using fear as a weapon to influence public opinion, which is just terrorism.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: January 24, 2016, 08:54:23 am »

scriver: I don't consider the Pegida protesters cowards because they go on the streets, scriver. I consider them cowards because of the way (I think they) they think, and the way they chose to (not) be politically active in the past.

The counterprotesters are mostly just regular folks as far as I can tell, with some far-left nutjobs and assholes mixed in. Nothing out of the usual, really.
The Bay12 postcard club

nullBolt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: January 24, 2016, 09:01:43 am »

Do you release that you say this to a Ukrainian? We had people on the streets, government didn't listen, things went violent.

We had enough radicals to start going terrorism route and many tasty targets to blow up. We never did it and I am proud that we never acted this way. It is wisdom of my nation.

Oh, and yes, when people went to the streets USSR listened... It collapsed. There was a crowd led by Yeltsin, you know?

You do know what Occupy Wall Street was, right?

The problem, nullBolt, is that

a) I haven't seen much to suggest that non-violent protest has been happening on a grand scale, and
b) Are you sure anti-immigration feeling is the will of the majority? I haven't seen anything suggesting it's the will of the absolute majority.

I'm not going to try to engage with anything else you've said because I think we have irreconcilable ideological differences there and there's not much point in trying to argue it.

a) You can't really have non-violent protest on a grand scale anymore. You'll be attacked and singled out. I think Britain First is a joke but they went out and tried to non-violently protest and were repeatedly physically attacked.
b) Honestly, you can't really tell. There's quite a lot of anti-immigration groups that are getting a lot more political support, though.

Do you really think you and your echo chamber have the objective truth, and everyone else is just lying maliciously? Show me one poll indicating widespread German support for terrorist acts like the ones you defend, for the murderers and arsonists you call 'freedom fighters'. The AfD is at ten per cent right now, almost exclusively supported by men, and about 68% of Germans believe it to be a transient movement./url] Tell me, where do you see a fucking silent majority in that?

Why did you change the topic from the media lying? You're also implying that I said burning places down gains silent majority, which is not the case. There is a very large silent majority out there that is sickened by what is going on, though.

The Swedish Democrats make up 20% of their country's votes and their whole platform is anti-immigration. No one is speaking up for them, though, because they are silent. How many more people are there out there who believe in their policies?

I have a sneaking suspicion you'd dismiss any evidence of support that people could show, just as you'd dismiss evidence showing that migrants heavily support terror attacks and very "extremist" beliefs.

It's pretty hard to protest anything when you will be painted as racist and ostracized for criticizing anything related to immigration, even if you are a Muslim immigrant yourself and revealing active recruiting by terror organisations such as al-Shabab in your very home quarters. This translated interview is from the documentary/investigative show the above article is about, if you don't want to google translate. The show is Uppdrag Granskning from SvT, the Swedish state television.

Exactly, no one is gonna speak up if they're gonna be ostracised and fired and harassed.

So when Pegida and the like gathers they are cowards, but the counter-protesters aren't? What are they then, heroes?

One man's coward is another man's heroes.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: January 24, 2016, 09:19:43 am »

You do know what Occupy Wall Street was, right?
Yes. It was a farce made by morons that had no real public support

You can't really have non-violent protest on a grand scale anymore. You'll be attacked and singled out
LOL. LOL. LOL. Than do a violent one and go fight riot police :D (Oh, I forgot, no public support and no nuts :( )

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #449 on: January 24, 2016, 09:29:52 am »

scriver: I don't consider the Pegida protesters cowards because they go on the streets, scriver. I consider them cowards because of the way (I think they) they think, and the way they chose to (not) be politically active in the past.
The counterprotesters are mostly just regular folks as far as I can tell, with some far-left nutjobs and assholes mixed in. Nothing out of the usual, really.
Any politically active ilk of Pegida have been marginalized and attacked though. Consider our analogue Mosley, who said that current rates of immigration would make the natives strangers in their own country - despite having 3/4 of the country agreeing with him, he was dismissed from the cabinet. Even today you can see things where UKIP become the 3rd largest party yet win only 1 seat whilst the leftists with far less support retain disproportionately vast amounts of power, or more strikingly where Front Nationale won 1/3rd of the national vote and won not a single region. Then there's that issue where all the party leaders of all the mainstream parties come from the same elite Unis like Oxford, Cambridge, ENA, so you have that quandary where you can vote for a left-wing pro immigration pro-EU party or a right-wing pro immigration pro-EU party.

You know the saying in for a penny, in for a pound? The saying is an English one and says that if you're going to take a risk take a big one, and there's another one similar to that where if you're going to be punished the same for a lesser crime as a greater crime - do the greater one. As it stands for places like Germany there is nothing that will ever be done politically to stop this immigration because Merkel has no interest in doing so. Their votes are quite meaningless and if they campaigned politically they'd be marginalized and portrayed as the next Hitler no matter what they did, even if they were pro-LGBT sovereign nationalists more tame than American democrats. This is why I shitposted earlier that Germany is setting itself up for war, because it seems they have.

Heck, despite all of our protests the EU is trying to blackmail us into halting our deportations. Yeah at this point I've made up my mind, it's not incompetence they're enriching on purpose.

During last year 69 minors were allowed to live with their "husbands" by Swedish authorities, completely against Swedish law. And that's just for the one city, Malmö. They don't say it in the article but the over strain on housing (and other social errvices) availabilities that's occurred due to the mass immigration is obviously one of the main reasons behind this. But being a tacit supporter of forced child marriages is obviously preferable to lowering the amount of immigrants we let in to a sensible level.
OK, seriously, even with all scepticism due to biased sources, with what we're hearing so far I think we can safely say that Sweden's going bonkers.
Going? This has been the state of affairs for decades, mold does not appear overnight even if it is only discovered in the one day you peeled back the damp covers.
Spoiler: wall of text (click to show/hide)
Basically I think this is the last cry of an already defeated people, Germans are kill; I am most amused when back in 2014 they kept blaming nazis when refugee centres caught fire and when they found out it was done by rival immigrant groups they hushed up pretty quickly, I posit Germany will be fought over by the immigrants, not immigrants vs Germans

I mean before all this right wing violence the Islamist violence succeeded in getting everything it wanted, more immigration, more mosques, and leftists attacking anyone who published Muhammed for them. Kinda set a precedent for violence succeeding
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 09:31:57 am by Loud Whispers »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 795