Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 426 427 [428] 429 430 ... 795

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1070235 times)

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #6405 on: August 04, 2017, 04:45:17 pm »

You might want to inform your countrymen then, as I've heard "Sprite is lemonade" from multiple sources.
Sprite is lemonade
Heresy!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6406 on: August 04, 2017, 05:47:15 pm »

Deal! You now have to correctly refer to moose as elk, and your previously known as elk deer will from now on be called a "buckle up buckaroo moo".
Love, scriver~

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6407 on: August 04, 2017, 06:21:38 pm »

The funny thing is that I have had this exact same misunderstanding with a German that asked me to get her some lemonade from the store.

She wasn't entirely happy with what I returned with.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6408 on: August 04, 2017, 06:23:08 pm »

Lelwut frumple, Elk live primarily in the northern parts of the US, you'd find them in Yellowstone for example. Ditto Alaska and the whole of Canada.
You'll note that, while I have been from east to west coast and back in this country, I've never personally been further north than north carolina -- I got family all the way up (NY), but if there's elk around the areas they're in I rather imagine the elk apocalypse descending on NYC would have hit the news by now. Misk would have at least mentioned the regular elk dodging, at least. Critters might as well not exist for all they've interacted with basically anything I have. Elk are like wyoming. No one's where they are to tell you they exist.

You may also be interested in a population map of the country, so that you may compare the rest of it to what isn't in the northern wilderness-y bits :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6409 on: August 04, 2017, 06:40:39 pm »

Ahem, Frumple. I hope you are following the Bay12 Language Convention of 2017 up there.
Love, scriver~

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6410 on: August 04, 2017, 06:49:55 pm »

Probably!

... to be completely honest, I don't actually remember exactly what an elk is, or if there's any difference between one and a moose and a BUBM. I've just been throwing out the word and letting it stick to whatever it sticks to for whoever reads it.

Is why ceding elk and moose and basically everything related to them is real easy. Got no clue which ones they are and I don't really care if or how badly I'm getting it wrong :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6411 on: August 05, 2017, 12:07:50 am »

Organ Pipe cacti are pretty self explainatory I suppose, they grow really tall and in bunches.

Though yeah, you'd have to explain what a cactus is to those not familiar.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #6412 on: August 05, 2017, 12:17:13 am »

Thats a bad example in a DF forum.  Of course I know what a saguaro is
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6413 on: August 05, 2017, 12:47:31 am »

Hm, I know what a saguaro is but apparently it's pronounced "sa-wa-row" and not "sa-gua-row".
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #6414 on: August 05, 2017, 01:42:18 am »

It"s a loanword from some aztec language imto Spanish and from there into English.  I'm assuming that Spanish phonology applies amd that therefore I do know how to pronounce it
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6415 on: August 05, 2017, 04:06:22 am »

Lelwut frumple, Elk live primarily in the northern parts of the US, you'd find them in Yellowstone for example. Ditto Alaska and the whole of Canada.
You'll note that, while I have been from east to west coast and back in this country, I've never personally been further north than north carolina -- I got family all the way up (NY), but if there's elk around the areas they're in I rather imagine the elk apocalypse descending on NYC would have hit the news by now. Misk would have at least mentioned the regular elk dodging, at least. Critters might as well not exist for all they've interacted with basically anything I have. Elk are like wyoming. No one's where they are to tell you they exist.

You may also be interested in a population map of the country, so that you may compare the rest of it to what isn't in the northern wilderness-y bits :P
That might be part of the reason. You won't find many in NY, but they do range through the Pacific Northwest west of the Cascades to the coast.  Boop (dark green for modern, which is the relevant bit).  It'd be more accurate for smjjames to say "west" rather than "north", though; their range follows the Rockies as far south as New Mexico, helped by intentional reintroduction, though similar groups have also been working on doing the same in the Appalachians. 

That said, Pacific Northwest aside, the Rockies and Appalachians are indeed not exactly densely populated. :P
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 04:10:14 am by Culise »

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6416 on: August 05, 2017, 04:30:55 am »

I've seen elk in my childhood yard on multiple occasions (within a densely populated urban area), they're not some elusive beast that you need live in a mountain cabin made of your own shit to ever encounter (or worse, visit Wyoming).

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6417 on: August 05, 2017, 06:31:53 pm »

If you live in Utah (densely populated from a few hours south to a few hours north of Salt Lake) you're right in the middle of elk territory. Same goes for western Colorado, but idk if some of the big cities there are included. And it appears that coastal Washington/Oregon/some of California is included, which is also a place with a lot of people.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6418 on: August 05, 2017, 08:35:14 pm »

The disregard for international agreements on this thread is appalling.
Love, scriver~

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6419 on: August 05, 2017, 08:38:50 pm »

Shoulda got those signatory commitments before you finalized the treaty. After the EU I thought you'd know better, scriver.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 426 427 [428] 429 430 ... 795