Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 795

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1059244 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #5610 on: April 26, 2017, 05:58:20 am »

Swedish women also want their own private chauffeur, just like the Saudi women.

While ofcourse I'm being sarcastic, I did see a documentary by a journalist interviewing women in Saudi Arabia recently.
There were a lot of women saying they don't want to be allowed to drive, because they'll lose their private chauffeur, who doesn't only drive them, but picks up the kids from school, helps with the groceries etc etc. They fear losing their free time.

Some of the young generation women though would like to be able to drive, and have the freedom to move about unattended.

Must be said, the interviewer only spoke to rich people. Saudi are very good at keeping those less well off away from journalists. I'm sure the less well off women don't have their personal chauffeur.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 06:04:30 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Azzuro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5612 on: April 27, 2017, 06:45:51 am »

I would have liked to see a projection of how the first-round absent voters would vote in the second, but unfortunately that's not possible due to the methodology. But yeah, Le Pen's not looking likely to win this one. Interesting to see that Melenchon voters are the most picky, though.

United Forenia Forever!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5613 on: April 27, 2017, 07:04:30 am »

I would have liked to see a projection of how the first-round absent voters would vote in the second, but unfortunately that's not possible due to the methodology. But yeah, Le Pen's not looking likely to win this one. Interesting to see that Melenchon voters are the most picky, though.

Not much, they are real leftist, and the kind of neoliberal economic policies advocated by Macron disgusts them. My FB feed is about 90% disgruntled Melanchonist complaining about Macron right now.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5615 on: April 27, 2017, 09:18:28 am »

Some... interesting story about, allegedly, a German soldier successfully posing as a Syrian refugee and being caught for preparing a terrorist attack.

What. How. Why.

A false flag if I understand correctly? Ahah, that's weird as fuck. I'm sure his case officer were really proud of how their refugee was making progress in German too.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5616 on: April 27, 2017, 09:32:19 am »

Could any German speaker confirm if it says it was a false flag attack? Because I am quite certain the German army doesn't discriminate against Muslims or Germans of non-German descent.
Love, scriver~

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5617 on: April 27, 2017, 09:50:22 am »

The article says that the man led a double life as a Syrian refugee, and it is assumed, according to the justice department, that his motive is hate of immigrants.
He was arrested in february, when he tried to retrieve a firearm he had hidden in the airport of Vienna in january.

A friend of the man has also been arrested. A 24 year old student from Offenbach.
In intercepted conversations between the two, by the police, both have expressed extreme right ideas, and hate of foreigners.
When the police searched the student's flat, they found explosives.

While the police cannot say with certainty what the men's motives are, they seriously consider the two were preparing a terror attack for which immigrants would get the blame.

Meanwhile, a force of 90 police officers, and intelligence officers from the German, Austrian and French security services have conducted raids on 16 premises spread across Germany, Austria and France in connection to the case.

So yeah, looks like false flag indeed. Looks like that's becoming a trend in Germany. The attack on the football bus was also a false flag. Personally, I think even a double false flag.
(I think the German-Russian guy whose supposed motive was financial gain was a Russian agent who thought he could make some money on the side of his job)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 09:55:08 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5618 on: April 27, 2017, 01:28:26 pm »

No agent would've done the stupid shit that guy has.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5619 on: April 27, 2017, 02:38:04 pm »

It wouldn't be the first time an intelligence service recruit a dumbass.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5620 on: April 27, 2017, 06:35:33 pm »

Spoiler: sum replies (click to show/hide)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5621 on: April 27, 2017, 07:02:30 pm »

So, one week has passed. And one week remains until the second round. How does the polling look?

So much for all of the Russian "melenchon the kingmaker" shitty propaganda.
._.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5622 on: April 27, 2017, 07:14:01 pm »

Well... the only poll that matters is the one that actually matters.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5623 on: April 27, 2017, 07:18:32 pm »

I'd wait until the actual election to see if the polls are correct.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5624 on: April 27, 2017, 07:25:58 pm »

>Russians calling other people Russian propaganda
Dr. Pavel I'm CIA
Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 795