Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 795

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1059229 times)

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related news thread
« Reply #540 on: January 29, 2016, 08:47:21 am »

In other news: Erdogan wants to give himself even more power. There is no doubt that Turkey IS rapidly descending into a dictatorship

http://aranews.net/2016/01/17969/

http://fd.nl/economie-politiek/1137162/erdogan-wil-nieuwe-grondwet-met-presidentieel-stelsel
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: January 29, 2016, 09:58:10 am »

Apparently a spokesman for Sweden’s Minister for Home affairs Anders Ygeman has said it will likely take several years to deport failed asylum seekers, and that they'll receive free housing and financial aid (paid for by the taxpayer, naturally) until they go. I'm waiting for a slightly more reliable source to pick this up (if it will, it's not exactly something they're going to trumpet, is it?), but it sounds entirely plausible. Sweden Yes, after all.

Assuming you're referring to Ygeman's (who is the minister of the Within-Realm, by the way) statement that Sweden is probably (going by statistic experience) going to decline asylum to about 80 000 of the applicants, and assuming that that timeframe is correctly extrapolated from that number, it's been on the news here for the last couple of days.

Meanwhile in another part of Sweden 19 asylum seeking youth rioted because one of them was not allowed to go and buy candy late in the evening. The staff had to lock themselves inside a room as the poor refugees destroyed the home.

Lastly in Swedish news the main government part and traditionally Sweden's largest party, the Social Democrats, have gone under 25% support and are at the lowest percentage since Sifo (Sweden's foremost polling business) started keeping statistics on voter support in 1967.
Love, scriver~

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: January 29, 2016, 10:00:09 am »

Blech, Google Translate is useless...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: January 29, 2016, 11:36:54 am »

About 18-19%, yeah. The grey column is the result of their December poll, and the coloured one their freshest January poll. Their percentage of the last election was 12.86%.

For comparison, in the election the Social Democrats got 31,01%, and are now at 23%.
The Moderates got 23,33% and are now the biggest party at 25%.
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #544 on: January 29, 2016, 11:51:34 am »

1946?
Dispersal and regrouping phase

In other news: Erdogan wants to give himself even more power. There is no doubt that Turkey IS rapidly descending into a dictatorship
http://aranews.net/2016/01/17969/
http://fd.nl/economie-politiek/1137162/erdogan-wil-nieuwe-grondwet-met-presidentieel-stelsel
Nah it'll be fine, Turks themselves are fighting hard to keep their Republic

Uhm what about right now Loud Whispers? We aren't exactly a threat to europe as far as i can see.
Germany spends more money trying to neutralize the likes of Poland and Britain than they do Russia, or Russia to us, has placed all of Europe outside of the Isles, Norway and Switzerland under its economic yoke, and has grown fond of taking away everyone's sovereignty and democracy because Germany says so, is clambering its aryan tentacles into moist Franco-British armed forces in a desperate effort to get more non-Germans to die fighting non-Germans on behalf of non-Germans so they can fuck Germans too with the same tentacles...

No, Germany must be stopped, before they turn everywhere into Sweden.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #545 on: January 29, 2016, 01:44:10 pm »

Bouchart is out, just like nullBolt.  If you can't discuss this topic without encouraging specific acts of murder, you should move on to other threads.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: January 29, 2016, 01:45:37 pm »

Yikes.  That's two bans from stuff in this thread now...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: January 29, 2016, 01:47:05 pm »

I'm pretty sure it was not a joke.
All the same, it seems a bit much...
Sigtext

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #548 on: January 29, 2016, 01:49:16 pm »

He had a warning for antisemitism in 2012, and was going on about jews and white germans along with his refugee grenade thing.  Whether or not it is shit-posting is for some Poe's law analyst to decide on some place that isn't this forum, but those kind of posts won't fly here.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: January 29, 2016, 01:51:11 pm »

Was not aware of the earlier warning.
Ditto.
Sigtext

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #550 on: January 29, 2016, 01:56:32 pm »

Lol this whole damn mess is bringing out the worse of everyone

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: January 29, 2016, 02:05:57 pm »

If throwing dud grenades is the worst our local xenophobes can manage, I'm sorta relieved.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: January 29, 2016, 02:43:58 pm »

Thanks Toady, too bad it was again nescessary to interfere. Now let's hope we can have a friendly and polite news sharing discussion here for a while without a need for warnings or bans.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: January 29, 2016, 03:04:26 pm »

Bouchart is out, just like nullBolt.  If you can't discuss this topic without encouraging specific acts of murder, you should move on to other threads.
Holy Shit... Bouchart was actually... Scott Adams?

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: January 29, 2016, 03:13:47 pm »

Damn, I liked Bouchart. He will be missed.

In non-refugee related news, The EU announced measures yesterday intended to combat tax evasion by multinational corporations. The measures seem to have come about mostly because of the abuses of tech companies, but others will be affected by the changes as well. I honestly couldn't be happier, they siphon a lot of money out of a lot of the places they do business in.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 795