Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 354 355 [356] 357 358 ... 795

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1058610 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #5325 on: March 25, 2017, 10:12:46 am »

"Chinky" is the common derogatory British term for Far Easterners, and I don't imagine racists particularly care if the person is Chinese or not.

In much less unpleasant terms, I'm also under the impression that "Oriental" would describe someone from East Asia, "Asian" is more of an Indian subcontinent dealio, and "Arab" for a Near East counterpart, at least from a UK POV.

Edit: I'm also not really sure what your problem is with the descriptor, Covenant. Looks like you're just upset that American media doesn't identify someone as Muslim, rather than being annoyed they're not being specific enough in describing their country of origin.

I hope you realise that not all Asians are Muslim. Indeed, if we indulge in the level of nitpicky-ness that you are, not all Pakistanis are Muslim, either.

Edit 2: or not. Note to self: git gud.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 10:59:56 am by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5326 on: March 25, 2017, 10:59:01 am »

I did do just that. I should probably not try to read and comment on things when I'm doped to the eyeballs. Sorry!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #5327 on: March 29, 2017, 02:15:15 pm »

Polish Consulate in Ukraine got shoot at with a grenade launcher.
WAR!
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5328 on: March 29, 2017, 04:10:28 pm »

I've heard it was because someone in Poland has made a film about what happened to Poles in Western Ukraine during WW2.
._.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #5329 on: March 29, 2017, 04:49:24 pm »

Yeah, Wołyń. After seeing the movie, I must say that from what I heard from actual people that were there or seen the rare few photos (Germans liked to keep a documentation because even SS divisions were honestly impressed (or even to a point horrified, there were cases when Poles were literally protected by Germans, which of course led to pots-war propaganda of Ukrainians just fighting just war against Polish collaboration with Germany) by ferocity of the massacres) from the period, it's actually not even close to what Ukrainians actually did.
Although there have been quite a lot of those attacks recently. Quite a few memorials and monuments to Polish victims of either the Ukrainians or Soviets have been vandalized, inscribed with "Death To Poles" and Swastikas and painted them red and black (UPA colours), a cross or two were blown up. Polish consulate has been painted too, back in February and a sign "It's our land" was put on the fence. Official Ukrainian stance is that they have been made by provocateurs that may be hinted to be Russians trying to cause a war or at least distrust between Poland and Ukraine, which is actually working - the whole deal with Volhynian massacres and such is still sore in Poland, especially since it's constantly brought back into light, like when Ukrainian Government declared Stepan Bandera an national hero, even though the award was quickly annuled when it caused huge amount of backlash. However, the Ukrainian nationalism still exists, is strong, and I would not be suprised if it was actually honest Ukrainians who did it.
The room that was hit was actually occupied by a sleeping worker and if the projectile hit somewhere lower, he would proably die.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5330 on: March 30, 2017, 11:32:20 am »

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/326510-eu-president-threatens-to-break-up-the-usa-if-trump-doesnt-offer-support

Nice frikking rhetoric on his part.

Slightly surprised that he didn't mention California, as it's been chest thumping about it since the election.

Also, I thought Donald Tusk was the EU President? Though I've also heard that it has like seven Presidents or something.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5331 on: March 30, 2017, 11:39:48 am »

Not only is it a huge failure of rethoric, its also completely and utterly retarded to compare something like brexit to an attempt to seceed from the goddamn US of A. If thats the kind of leadership the EU chooses, then LEL no wonder GTFOing the EU is an idea thats spreading across France and other places.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5332 on: March 30, 2017, 11:47:17 am »

It's also a bit strange that he chose Austin, Texas rather than just Texas.

I'm not upset over it as it's obviously venting and secceeding from the US is FAR, FAR more difficult than the way the EU allows it. So, it's also a misunderstanding on his part of how leaving the Union even works, or rather, doesn't work. Since it was made virtually impossible after the Civil War.

Plus the states are a hell of a lot more interdependent on the rest of the US than things were back in the mid 19th century. The only ones that could plausibly go it alone without major issues are Hawaii and Alaska since they're already relatively disconnected from the rest of the states by the Pacific and by Canada, respectively.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5333 on: March 30, 2017, 11:55:28 am »

This just in on KebabWatch:

Three men and a girl from Kosovo has been detained in Venice, on suspicion of planning a terror attack in the city.

They have been under surveillance for several months, as they have been planning to travel to Syria and join the Islamic State. All four held Italian residency permits. Luckily, they were caught while their attack was very much on the planning stage. Targets include the Rialto bridge, but they had not yet been able to build an explosive before they were arrested.

Jolly well done. Hopefully, they can be squeezed for some useful information, as well.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-39442210

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5334 on: March 30, 2017, 12:00:12 pm »

From Kosovo? Ouch, the Serbs are definetly going to pounce on that fact. Though they'd probably pounce on anything with the word Kosovo in it anyway.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5335 on: March 31, 2017, 02:36:42 am »

Not only is it a huge failure of rethoric, its also completely and utterly retarded to compare something like brexit to an attempt to seceed from the goddamn US of A. If thats the kind of leadership the EU chooses, then LEL no wonder GTFOing the EU is an idea thats spreading across France and other places.

He got a point though, it's not exactly diplomatic from Trump to say countries should secede.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5336 on: March 31, 2017, 03:29:49 am »

Hardly a secession if a country is leaving an economic union that's headed in a direction they don't like.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5337 on: March 31, 2017, 03:37:48 am »

I'm not saying countries shouldn't be able to leave the EU, I'm saying it's not really diplomatic of Mr Trump to urge them to do so. Plus, Junker gotta Juncker.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5338 on: March 31, 2017, 03:51:34 am »

My bad on that, my definition of secede seems to be a lot narrower than the offical one x)

Now, I'm not saying encouraging others to follow suit is a non-shit thing to do, but I'm having trouble hating on the guy for supporting the UK in this. Just because the union didn't work out for them doesn't mean the EU should get a free pass in turning them into a political pariah in the western hemisphere. It's kinda creepy in a way, like a guy leaving a girl because he realised she's into the relationship way more seriously than he is so she goes on to fuck his life up as much as possible to prove a point.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5339 on: March 31, 2017, 04:24:49 am »

Oh, I'm okay with not turning the UK into a pariah. But supporting the UK after the fact and encouraging other countries to leave are different thing. Plus, I don't think anyone actually wants to fuck the UK jsut to fuck them.

Pages: 1 ... 354 355 [356] 357 358 ... 795