Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 795

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1064224 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #4485 on: December 30, 2016, 03:02:01 am »

Edit: Waiiitaminute, this is the EU thread, why are we talking Ameripol in here? lol
Because USA is obviously a part of EU, an unofficial one, and also the most important one. Just look at how much Obama has tried to keep Britain in, would he do that if he didn't have a staked interest in keeping EU firmly under the heel of American influence?

But yes, something more thread-title-relevant is in order....

It's technically not a part of EU, but it looks like Moldova's new President has just fired a pro-NATO defence minister from the previous President's administration. Lots of funny Eastern European power transition shenanigans going on there, it seems.
._.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4486 on: December 30, 2016, 03:36:26 am »

EVIL RUSSIN HAKURZZ TAKING MUH FREEDOMS

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 04:17:19 am by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4487 on: December 31, 2016, 08:27:13 pm »

Turkey stuff goes in here I guess....

A nightclup in Istanbul got attacked, at least 35 people dead.

Politico article with some actual context as to why the gunman (or gunmen) were wearing Santa costumes. The santa costume thing had me really confused (because Christmas is over, for one, although I hear that the Orthodox Christmas is a bit later) until i found the politico article, and it's the only one that actually gives any context as to why.

Apparently some of the police were disgused as santa and some as vendors.... but being santa only works for the few weeks up to and on Christmas. After that, it doesn't work because you just stick out like a sore thumb, also, a MUSLIM country of all places.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4488 on: December 31, 2016, 08:29:29 pm »

Politico article with some actual context as to why the gunman (or gunmen) were wearing Santa costumes. The santa costume thing had me really confused (because Christmas is over, for one, although I hear that the Orthodox Christmas is a bit later) until i found the politico article, and it's the only one that actually gives any context as to why.

Apparently some of the police were disgused as santa and some as vendors.... but being santa only works for the few weeks up to and on Christmas. After that, it doesn't work because you just stick out like a sore thumb, also, a MUSLIM country of all places.

Your link instantly brought me to a malware / false ads ("YOU HAVE BEEN RANDOMLY SELECTED") page, what's up with that?
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4489 on: December 31, 2016, 08:34:41 pm »

Your link instantly brought me to a malware / false ads ("YOU HAVE BEEN RANDOMLY SELECTED") page, what's up with that?

O.o Wierd, that's just a BBC link, I have adblock on however. Also, I haven't seen any other places mentioning the same thing with the police using santa as a disguise (why not just go plainclothes? Hide in plain sight and all that), so, I don't know if that is actually what they did, otherwise the terrorists being disgused as santa looks very strange.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 08:43:09 pm by smjjames »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4490 on: January 02, 2017, 10:16:26 am »

So, apparently Europeans have been sufficiently pissed off to start racially profiling and detaining hundreds of "North African looking" men on New Year's Eve to prevent the repeat of last year's sexual assaults in Cologne.

In other news, the migrants have made a police officer lose an eye in a violent 1100-men-strong assault on Spain's border fence, in Ceuta's enclave bordering Morocco. Standard refugee behaviour, nothing to see here, move along, citizens.
._.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4491 on: January 02, 2017, 10:38:58 am »

So, apparently Europeans have been sufficiently pissed off to start racially profiling and detaining hundreds of "North African looking" men on New Year's Eve to prevent the repeat of last year's sexual assaults in Cologne.

In other news, the migrants have made a police officer lose an eye in a violent 1100-men-strong assault on Spain's border fence, in Ceuta's enclave bordering Morocco. Standard refugee behaviour, nothing to see here, move along, citizens.

People are pieces of shit news at 11 :(
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4492 on: January 02, 2017, 03:32:17 pm »

Those crimes should have been prosecuted normally; now racists can easily dismiss liberal censure with an "I told you those brown people were raping the women."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4493 on: January 02, 2017, 05:47:27 pm »

Yaaaas, it's criminal to be a little bit tan now.

It's totally alright though, seeing as it won't affect me. The Celtic blood is strong in this one, no chance of me being mistaken for a Nafri and detained 'cause I'm brown. Awesome.

There is such a thing as over-correction, Cologne. Fackin' 'ell.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4494 on: January 02, 2017, 07:15:52 pm »

That's because their solution was to judge someone's criminal nature based on the colour of their skin, as opposed to the likelihood of them committing the crimes they're being "prevented" from committing.

Christ, increased police presence would probably have sufficed.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #4495 on: January 02, 2017, 08:17:36 pm »

That's because their solution was to judge someone's criminal nature based on the colour of their skin, as opposed to the likelihood of them committing the crimes they're being "prevented" from committing.

now you're just pissed because underneath you know cultural profiling works and it unsettles your belief.

btw you cannot magically materialize unlimited police at the correct time/place. what kind of fantasy world you live in? they bolstered numbers however they could, but covering a city spreads them all a lot.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4496 on: January 02, 2017, 08:21:54 pm »

Or maybe hector's just not into fascism. If you stick every black and tan person in Europe in camps you probably will catch some criminals, alongside all the innocents.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4497 on: January 02, 2017, 08:23:20 pm »

So, the idea of laws preventing thoughtcrime is terrible

But, when you base it off how someone looks, instead, it's okay

Alright then.

EDIT: Adam Smith had it right. It is more important that the innocent go free than the guilty be punished. (obviously both are best, but you get the point) When innocence is no defense, then the rule of law breaks down.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4498 on: January 02, 2017, 08:49:15 pm »

now you're just pissed because underneath you know cultural profiling works and it unsettles your belief.

btw you cannot magically materialize unlimited police at the correct time/place. what kind of fantasy world you live in? they bolstered numbers however they could, but covering a city spreads them all a lot.

I like your little euphemism there. Let's not sugarcoat this, it's profiling people based on the colour of their skin, and that, if you'll excuse the bluntness, is utterly fucking stupid. It doesn't "unsettle my belief", it goes completely against it.

I'm curious for the source of your assertion that racial profiling works, though. Seems like security forces of the world are missing a trick if you're right.

The Cologne police also don't have to cover the entire city, just the main parts where people gather. This can be made easier by holding official gatherings or outlining places where people can celebrate together. Strategic placement is better than trying to assuage the town in security. You don't need unlimited police to do that.

Prevention is better than the cure, especially if that cure involves labeling people criminals based on skin colour.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4499 on: January 02, 2017, 09:01:39 pm »

Technically, detaining people before they've committed a crime is prevention, not a cure. :/

It's just a pretty shitty thing to do, regardless.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 795