Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 795

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1059165 times)

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #3285 on: July 22, 2016, 03:05:10 pm »

As far as I can tell he doesn't. Unless you think you fall uder the category of 'usual apologists' yourself.
Personally I think you're taking this one too personal.
As far as I can tell, he's using 'usual apologists' to refer to anyone that says that maybe not all Muslims are ISIS sympathisers or extremists, which is not at all being an apologist.

Anyway, the Germans are apparently bringing in reinforcements from Austria, now.

Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3286 on: July 22, 2016, 03:52:43 pm »

German police are now saying that the death toll has risen to eight.

Edit: Nine, now.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 03:55:16 pm by Wolfhunter107 »
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3287 on: July 22, 2016, 03:57:12 pm »

Nine bodies have been found now. There's some rumours that one of the shooters is amongst the dead. Weekly magazine Focus reports hearing from police sources that one of the shooters killed himself.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3288 on: July 22, 2016, 03:59:07 pm »

On the politico liveblog, they say that theres another body, but they're not sure if it's related or not.

Also, on the CNN liveblog, an earlier post says to people to not post up videos or pictures of their operations to give suspects clues, and yet someone posted some pics of what's going on over there. Granted they're over a half hour old by now, but still....

edit: ninja'd

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3289 on: July 22, 2016, 04:07:27 pm »

People from Munich are flooding the internet with cats, just like they did in Brussels.

Voluntary censorship by means of cat is becoming a meme

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3290 on: July 22, 2016, 04:10:02 pm »

Not sure i get that cat thing... what does it suppose to mean? that life goes on? terrorists wont win cause we like cute animals?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3291 on: July 22, 2016, 04:13:13 pm »

Not sure i get that cat thing... what does it suppose to mean? that life goes on? terrorists wont win cause we like cute animals?

They did that in Brussels to keep the terrorists from seeing any pics of the operation.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3292 on: July 22, 2016, 04:15:58 pm »

It's a form of shilling, where you flood information channels with useless information. In this case whenever there's an active manhunt, in order to avoid suspects from being 1 step ahead of police by tracking their movements through social media, twits flood relevant hashtags with cats and other random crap to effectively paralyze attempts to find police via social media. Thus is someone takes a picture of police outside some street, any manhunt suspects would in all likelihood not see such a photo in time, seeing instead hundreds of cats.

What you are referring to... Yeah there exists some retarded shit. There was a while back a completely failed attempt to do an ice bucket challenge against ISIS, only instead of using ice buckets, people smacked eggs on their faces. Somehow putting eggs on their faces would stop massacres, it's the equivalent of putting some country's flag on your facebook to "show solidarity"

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3293 on: July 22, 2016, 04:18:34 pm »

German authorities are allowing stranded travellers to sleep in train wagons, since there's a great shortage of hotel rooms.
In Mammendorf, Starnberg, Geltendorf, Dachau and Freising, where trains were no longer able to depart, people will be sleeping in train wagons.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3294 on: July 22, 2016, 04:21:24 pm »

I pray for the comfiness of those trains

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3295 on: July 22, 2016, 04:24:08 pm »

German authorities are allowing stranded travellers to sleep in train wagons, since there's a great shortage of hotel rooms.
In Mammendorf, Starnberg, Geltendorf, Dachau and Freising, where trains were no longer able to depart, people will be sleeping in train wagons.

Accidential irony there..... Of course though, those were freight cars back then.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 04:26:29 pm by smjjames »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3296 on: July 22, 2016, 04:25:03 pm »

I hope there's no elderly jews amongst those stranded in train wagons. Would be ... awkward .

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3297 on: July 22, 2016, 04:28:38 pm »

I hope there's no elderly jews amongst those stranded in train wagons. Would be ... awkward .

As we always say when travelling aboard a crowded train in Europe, especially Germany: "Thank god we are already used to suffer on these trains"

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3298 on: July 22, 2016, 04:36:42 pm »

Thank God for jiddische sense of humour

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3299 on: July 22, 2016, 07:02:00 pm »

Police say that the Munich shooting was carried out by a single gunman who then killed himself

That was pretty anticlimactic, which is almost certainly a good thing.
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 795