Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 795

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1060677 times)

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related news thread
« Reply #1470 on: March 29, 2016, 05:09:00 am »

Coptic Christians aren't exactly known for terrorism. They're usually among those being terrorized.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: March 29, 2016, 05:24:32 am »

True, but this isn't exactly your typical takfiri terrorist attack, since, you know, no one died yet and most of the hostages were released. So it makes sense to look at other groups.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: March 29, 2016, 05:42:17 am »

I liked the response of "Egyptian Officials": He isn't a terrorist, he is an idiot.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: March 29, 2016, 06:24:37 am »

I was reading that plane hijacking and I ran across "...a french national, an Italian..."

What does that 'national' part means? He isn't french?
In a time before time, I had a name.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: March 29, 2016, 06:58:19 am »

Nah, just means French citizen here. AFAIK France don't do that weird things with people that are nationals, but not citizens.

Edit: Apparently the Cyprus hijicker surrendered, still no news on intent. I wonder who has jurisdiction in a case like this, Egypt or Cyprus?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 07:08:42 am by Sheb »

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: March 29, 2016, 08:09:41 am »

He might be confused enough to not know entirely why he is doing it. I hope everything goes well.
Love, scriver~

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: March 29, 2016, 08:18:21 am »

Well, he's been arrested, the hostage released... All is well that end's well.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: March 29, 2016, 08:52:50 am »

Yeah, from the CNN article, sounds like an unstable mentally ill person who simply snapped.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1478 on: March 29, 2016, 09:29:19 am »

Russia bans Polish game simulating communist-era shopping.
*whistles Korobeiniki*
Prepare the flags to be unfurled
For we’re seceding from the world...
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #1479 on: March 29, 2016, 01:49:18 pm »

The ill-fated hijacker also wore a fake bomb suicide vest and was somehow confused in general, BBC tells me. Good thing no one was seriously hurt in the end and hope the guy gets help if he needs it.

http://www.politico.eu/article/ukraine-gets-serious-with-eurovision-song-contest-entry-jamala-crimea/

Would be funny in a way if Ukraine won EuroVision.
I'm late with this but yet again I'm reminded how one of the biggest disapointement in Eurosong of the last 20 years was not letting Russia win last year. Just imagine. Austria could send Kochita. Israel could re-activate Dana. Germany would send Rammstein. Ukraine would send this song and then I'm sure you could find some other countries to send trans/gay/"indecent" performers in the heart of Russia. Ultimate troll move at the times when Russia is being accused of incresing crack downs on just mentioned "indecent" sub-cutures.

Then again, Russia could just answer with TaTu so there's thatt. :P
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1480 on: March 29, 2016, 02:52:07 pm »

TBH he doesn't really look like someone who would hijack a plane but then what do you know, right?
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: March 29, 2016, 02:56:27 pm »

lol, who is the guy standing next to him smiling while he is showing off his fake bombvest?
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1482 on: March 29, 2016, 02:58:14 pm »

Oil and gas industry auditor Ben Innes, 26, from Aberdeen. He just wanted a photo with the hijacker. :P

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #1483 on: March 29, 2016, 03:08:39 pm »

THIS is the hijacker? Damn, he really just looks like a confused, slightly sad old man.

... Hopefully I won't have to eat my words when next time someone really does blow him/herself up and we find out that one also looked just like and old confused person.

For me, the biggest disappointment in recent Eurovision history was the Common Linnets (the Netherlands' entry) losing out to Conchita's facial hair. Still, they did alright out of it. I heard their song in the background of the soaps for months afterward.
I could never understand what people saw about Netherlands' entry. I mean, I didn't think Cochita was anything more than ok either but I kinda understood why it won, but really, Netherlands? Snooze-fest. :v
Then again, I also thought Swiss entry was stupid and I really liked French song (one of the 10 people in whole Europe, it seems). *shrug* My money was on the Hungary anyways.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: March 29, 2016, 03:10:18 pm »

Isis can conquer the market with selling MAKE AWESUM SELFIES WITH WARRIORS OF ALLAH!
New source of profit to make barracks produce more units.
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 795