Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 795

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1060987 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related news thread
« Reply #1185 on: March 22, 2016, 02:00:45 am »

I was thinking mainly of the Mexican migrant workers. Can't vouch for their skill or anything, but apparently they are needed in the agricultural industry for the work that Americans don't want to do and that we haven't created cheap autonomous replacements for. I know the agricultural industry isn't the only place that immigrant workers play a role in.

The thing though is that we're talking about the American economy when we should be talking about the European economy, and I know nothing about the role of unskilled (or poorly skilled) immigrants in the European economy.

In Sweden, they don't. Not any more, at least. The days in which there were enough unskilled work to employ the high amount of unskilled or wrong-skilled immigrants are over. We still get a lot of work immigration, but those are still skilled workers imported through particular immigration programmes because of their skill.
Love, scriver~

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: March 22, 2016, 02:48:54 am »

People were killed, and people were injured today, when two explosions took place in Brussels Airport, near the check-in counter for American Airlines. Authorities cannot say yet if this was a terrorist attack or an accident.

EDIT: police confirmed just now that it is indeed a terrorist attack.

So much for airport security.
https://twitter.com/AAhronheim/status/712177856768569344/video/1
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 02:51:26 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: March 22, 2016, 03:06:49 am »

Well, check-in counter is the place you drop your luggage at before airport security. Thanks god no one I know was at the airport today AFAIK.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: March 22, 2016, 03:20:21 am »

Shitposting.
But still,what does a country gain from this immigration thing?
I mean it may bring an economic boost when it is qualified people , holding technical degrees or professional ones.
But when it is someone that is barely literate in their own tongue? Then what could be hoped from a person that never got a good education?
Could they get a job that will let them live in a decent way or they will just slack and just farm social benefits and welfare?
(Want to see other people viewpoint on this topic.and since this should be a somewhat civilised forum let's hope it ain't devolving into petty shitposting.)

Do you see the problem here?

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: March 22, 2016, 03:33:08 am »

Apparently another explosion has been reported at Brussels' Malbeek metro station, and shots were fired and Arabic shouting heard immediately prior to the blasts at the airport.

Euronews confirmed that just now.

According to them, two bombs went off at the airport and at least two metro stations had been bombed as well (Malbeek and Schumann (dunno how to spell this one)).
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: March 22, 2016, 04:02:28 am »

Maelbeek and Schuman are like, two hundred meters apart, so it might be confusion and the same bombs. But jeez. And we were in high alert. You mean to say to deploying 2àà soldiers in the street don't make them terrorist-proof?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: March 22, 2016, 04:05:47 am »

Well, at least they'll have an excuse to redecorate. That place was ugly as shit.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: March 22, 2016, 04:06:03 am »

These were probably improvised, rushed attacks, by the friends of Saleh Abdelsalem, blowing stuff up before he is tortured into giving their names and locations.

Also, holy fuck, that photo. That was no small explosion.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: March 22, 2016, 04:13:20 am »

And, and that hall tends to be packed. I seriously doubt the 11 fatalities will be the final number when the dust settle. Jeez.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: March 22, 2016, 04:16:34 am »

his right leg looks.. terrible. Looks like there's no skin left on it, you look straight at the muscle tissue

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: March 22, 2016, 04:17:47 am »

Just in time for Russia. Now European media will be busy with those terror acts and verdict in Savchenko's trial will be much less noticed. It must be yet another coincidence, right?

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: March 22, 2016, 04:19:40 am »

Ok, my stepmom apparently was already at her office (which is right above Maelbeek). She's stuck in, but she's safe. God thanks the Czech work ethic. Everyone I know should be safe. No news of my sister, but she never take the metro anyway.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: March 22, 2016, 04:20:33 am »

Just in time for Russia. Now European media will be busy with those terror acts and verdict in Savchenko's trial will be much less noticed. It must be yet another coincidence, right?
Are you seriously trying to imply that Russia is behind this?
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: March 22, 2016, 04:36:15 am »

Here in the Netherlands our ministers have met in an emergency meeting. They have decided not to increase the threat level, but they will increase border patrols along the Belgian border, and increase military and police patrols on airports and major train stations right away.

I guess that expains the sudden increase of police helicopters hovering over my neighborhood, and the police cars partolling it since 9am or some such this morning.
My neighborhood isn't as notorious as Molenbeek, but it is one of the problem neighborhoods. Brussels is just slightly more than 1 hour driving from here, I guess they want to make sure they're not gonna hide out here :P
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 04:45:46 am by martinuzz »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: March 22, 2016, 04:43:24 am »

Are you seriously trying to imply that Russia is behind this?
Yes, yes he does. In fact, most Ukrainian social networks are currently saying that this is indeed what's happening. UR is just re-translating their position here.

Quite something, those Ukrainian guys, huh?

P.S. this is why there are scientists in Ukraine that say that Ukraine was the ancestor country of every "good" (i.e. not Russian/Mongol/African) nation in the world - and they're not just laughed off by others. Something makes them think that the world revolves solely around them.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 04:46:09 am by Sergarr »
._.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 795