Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 766 767 [768] 769 770 ... 795

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1069487 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #11505 on: February 18, 2022, 09:33:37 am »

It's great, 5 visitors so far today,  I got DF and south park, wouldn't mind to see something fly through something else, as long as there will be no trees blocking the roads where I'll drive home.
let

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11506 on: February 18, 2022, 10:53:37 am »

The roof of the ADO stadium in The Hague also was blown off.
So far, 2 people dead in the Netherlands. One got crushed by a tree in his car, the other got crushed by a tree while walking.
Stay indoors folks, it's might not be hurricane level, but it's not to be messed with regardless.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11507 on: February 18, 2022, 11:11:36 am »

Good, I am not at home because of idiots like that. Gotta tryhard tryhard try the fuck hard.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2022, 01:12:12 pm by dragdeler »
let

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11508 on: February 19, 2022, 04:52:49 am »

The mayor of Rotterdam wants to completely change the customs at the harbor.
He wants that every ship container with fruits coming from South America scanned with röntgen equipment to search for cocaine, instead of randomly checking around 5%. EDIT: 0,5%

This way he hopes to put an end to the massive cocaine smuggling spike that we have been dealing with the past years.

That, and because the harbor of Antwerp is also going to do 100% scanning, he says we cannot wait with also doing that, or all cocaine trafficking will move to Rotterdam, where it is already infecting the youth in the poor neighborhoods with crime.

It will mean fruit prices are going to rise though.

EDIT: one problem with the röntgen scanners though: They are so strong that if a human goes through the scanner, they have about 1 hour to phone home before they die of acute radiation poisoning. So there are probably going to be some accidents with human trafficking containers.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2022, 05:08:10 am by martinuzz »

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #11509 on: February 19, 2022, 05:50:02 am »

EDIT: one problem with the röntgen scanners though: They are so strong that if a human goes through the scanner, they have about 1 hour to phone home before they die of acute radiation poisoning. So there are probably going to be some accidents with human trafficking containers.
I found this bit dubious (ie: the public hazard probably would contradict EU law) so I googled it and according to dr-customs its not

The scanning installation is very well secured; the installation will not be switched on if there are people inside the tunnel. The level of radiation is far less than the statutorily allowed maximum. So it is harmless to people and to goods. Food stuffs or electronic equipment are not at risk either
https://dr-customs.eu/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/containerscan.pdf
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11510 on: February 19, 2022, 05:55:45 am »

Well, that's what the customs officer operating the thing told the journalist.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11511 on: February 19, 2022, 09:15:53 am »

Who is right? EU regulations and official specifications for the scanner, or some guy who heard it from some guy. You decide!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11512 on: February 19, 2022, 10:18:51 am »

Uhm, I think you misunderstood my post.
I didn't state that I believe a journalist that apparently got pranked by a customs officer over official regulations.
I just said that I got it from the newspaper article.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11513 on: February 22, 2022, 01:33:55 pm »

In Amsterdam, a hostage situation is ongoing in an Apple store. On social media a picture ciculates of a man pointing a gun at another man inside the store.
The police have cordonned off most of the city centre of Amsterdam, special forces are on site and assessing the situation.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11514 on: February 22, 2022, 05:43:08 pm »

After nearly 6 hours, the hostages have been freed. The hostage taker has been hit at high speed by a police car.
Heavy armed police are now holding his possibly corpse under fire while a robot searches for explosives (in the video of the hostage situation, the guy holding the gun looks like he is wearing a full bomb dismantling armor suit, or a very, very large suicide vest under his coat. That, or he is really, really fat.

EDIT: Apparently, the hostage was sent by the hostage taker to retrieve a packet at the door, and made a run for it. The hostage taker chased him and was then hit by a police car.

The hostage taker has been taken by the police. It is unknown if he's alive or dead.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2022, 06:09:19 pm by martinuzz »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11515 on: February 23, 2022, 03:52:35 am »

So.. The guy at the Apple store was an Apple customer, a 27 year man from Amsterdam. He had entered the store, put a gun on a random's head and asked for 200 million euros in crypto valuta.
When the police arrived, he immediatly opened fire on them with an automatic weapon.

Then the police closed down half the city centre of Amsterdam and walled it off with fencing.

Negotiation teams tried to de-escalate and negotiate. The hostage taker then threatened to blow himself up.

Then, after about 6 hours, he demanded water, and when that was brought by a robot, the hostage ran off and he chased.
Police could not let him walk the streets because he had threatened to blow himself up so they ran him over at high speed. I suppose that was the safer option. Shooting in an area that has many innocent bystanders and residentials is not wise.
Then a robot searched him for explosives. None were found, it was a bluff.

He is in hospital now with severe injuries, waiting to either die or be arrested.

4 more hostages have been freed from the Apple store, they were hiding in a closet for 6 hours.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2022, 04:35:34 am by martinuzz »

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11516 on: February 23, 2022, 07:32:16 am »

200 million in crypto, at an apple store? what the actual fuck that's not just a bad plan that is barely a plan at all

let

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11517 on: February 23, 2022, 07:48:34 am »

The police just said that the guy was indeed strapped full of explosives, but they weren't primed.

They also admitted that hitting him with a car was a deliberate and intentional action by the special interventions service.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2022, 07:51:14 am by martinuzz »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11518 on: February 23, 2022, 09:27:13 am »

The Dutch city of Utrecht will from today onwards pay the costs for anyone with a family history in slavery to have their last name changed on request.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11519 on: February 23, 2022, 04:15:23 pm »

The Dutch city of Utrecht will from today onwards pay the costs for anyone with a family history in slavery to have their last name changed on request.
I imagine all the decedent's of those sleazy slave owners will be happy to change their names.

Where do I sent the bill? I know a lot of Americans that would be happy to take Utrecht up on their offer.
Pages: 1 ... 766 767 [768] 769 770 ... 795