Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 764 765 [766] 767 768 ... 795

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1069420 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #11475 on: February 13, 2022, 06:45:37 am »

I know that much, in my professional milieu, there is more people annoyed than people who understand the value of the measures. You know they do? They simply don't comply. It's trivially easy to lead the simplest life and avoid annoyances... Just put up a show in a few edgecases for 5 minutes.

It seems to me those who protest do not protest for their personal peace, they protest because they want everybody to act like them. Feeling entitled to all the bells and whistles of a functional modern society, which we cannot guarantee without the safety measures.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2022, 06:47:28 am by dragdeler »
let

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11476 on: February 13, 2022, 07:16:02 am »

Sorry for the doublepost but I am reminded of an anecdote from work.

There was this blonde lady that allways made a scene for her mask (in one of the recycling centers where it is actually enforced, 8km north, 12km south and 10km west there are centers that do not enforce it as well) the colleague who gives a fuck about covid allways butted head with her. At some point he used to seal the entry when she was on the park, told the people waiting miss important couldn't be bothered to put on a mask and he needed to enforce safety measures lol.

Anyway since the guy who cares and me burned out a bit, we started completly ignoring her, she is like a ghost now. Weirdly enough she started to wear her mask.
let

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11477 on: February 13, 2022, 08:34:47 am »

Nobody should be dismantling and forcibly breaking peaceful protests. Whether you agree with them or not. This is highly problematic. I see a lot of people talking about the importance of civil disobedience and the protection of demonstrations while it's things they have knee-jerk support for. Now that it's something that doesn't align with their particular views it's all about obsoleting the profession and sending them all home and whatnot.

I tend to agree with this.
What makes the truckers so unsympathetic is that they're disrupting our Sacred Supply Chains.  When the stores fail to have the snacks we so desperately desire, it's their fault.

This is flawed logic, since it is only because of the truckers that we have said tasty cakes.  They're basically workers on strike due to what they view as unfair working conditions.  They're no different than the Amazon workers that were on strike.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11478 on: February 13, 2022, 08:50:40 am »

Ther trucker protest in the Hague has been dispersed, mostly peacefully except for a few idiots that thought it'd be nice to kick police horses, those morons tasted nightsticks.

The truckers vow to return for a next demonstration.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11479 on: February 13, 2022, 09:41:07 am »

Supporting Trucker Protestors with a mini-protest in Euro Truck Simulator 2:

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11480 on: February 13, 2022, 09:42:27 am »

Ther trucker protest in the Hague has been dispersed, mostly peacefully except for a few idiots that thought it'd be nice to kick police horses, those morons tasted nightsticks.

The truckers vow to return for a next demonstration.
Yeah, don't hurt the nice horseys.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11481 on: February 13, 2022, 11:32:29 am »

You have to be a very special kind of idiot to kick horses...
have they never seen what happens when horses kick back?
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11482 on: February 13, 2022, 11:43:01 am »

They are very lucky that dutch police horses are really well trained to not kick people unless instructed to.

The police horse training is controversional though. Normal people who would do to horses what they do to them at police training would get prison and institutionalization in a psych ward for extreme animal cruelty.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11483 on: February 14, 2022, 01:18:59 am »

It's not controversial. They're work animals, not pets. If somebody thinks an animal that serves a purpose should be treated by the same standards of animals we keep for no other reason than our own enjoyment then they're fools.
Love, scriver~

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11484 on: February 14, 2022, 04:06:19 am »

Well, Police Horses are Police, and they need to be properly trained.
I'm sure the Police Humans are also treated inhumanely during training.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11485 on: February 14, 2022, 04:15:46 am »

It's not controversial. They're work animals, not pets. If somebody thinks an animal that serves a purpose should be treated by the same standards of animals we keep for no other reason than our own enjoyment then they're fools.
Yeah you're right. Once we start comparing them to the steaks on our plate they have a gloriously fine life of being kicked, cut, and deafened by explosives.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11486 on: February 15, 2022, 12:54:25 pm »

A majority of Dutch political parties is preparing to propose a new law, that makes offering or advertising gay conversion therapy a criminal offense, punishable by a fine of 25000 euros and 1 year in prison, up to two years in prison for repeat offenders.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11487 on: February 15, 2022, 01:09:03 pm »

Offering it across the board or just for use against children?
Love, scriver~

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11488 on: February 15, 2022, 01:55:49 pm »

Not just children, all included

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11489 on: February 15, 2022, 04:13:11 pm »

A majority of Dutch political parties is preparing to propose a new law, that makes offering or advertising gay conversion therapy a criminal offense, punishable by a fine of 25000 euros and 1 year in prison, up to two years in prison for repeat offenders.

I wouldn't be surprised if my state in the USA passed similar legislation.  Not a bad idea, actually.
Pages: 1 ... 764 765 [766] 767 768 ... 795