Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 743 744 [745] 746 747 ... 795

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1068624 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #11160 on: April 19, 2021, 06:56:03 pm »

EU =/ Europe
Love, scriver~

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11161 on: April 19, 2021, 07:26:21 pm »

Bit of an own goal too since pretty much everyone at those teams who aren’t executives has expressed great disdain at the prospect.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #11162 on: April 19, 2021, 07:49:34 pm »

You know, I'd probably care more when people talk about the sanctity of the game or whatever if fthere wasn't so much money involved alreasy. Football on TV isalready like 90% sponsorships and 10% overtime (although take away the sponsorships on the shirts and around the match and it's 90% nothing happening and 10% overtime so...).

No shit they're trying to run it as like a modern big businesses and milk every penny they can by ensuring they're always included in the 'top league' matches that attract the biggest sponsorships (fans being the product they sell), that's literally all professional football has been for decades now. It's just at attempt to formalise what they've previously achieved by having the most money to throw around for players.

I tend to compare it to "We have always been at war with Eurasia", the borders may shift slightly, but nothing ever actually changes. Watch the football! It's gonna move!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 08:14:39 pm by MorleyDev »

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11164 on: April 20, 2021, 04:02:11 am »

The EU expresses extreme concern, and reports that Russia has now gathered over 100000 men at the Ukrainian border, much more than previously thought. Also more than how many troops were gathered just before they annexed the Crimea.

EU chief of foreign affairs Josep Borrell warns that a small spark can lead to escalation.
Civil airlines have been warned to stay clear of the area.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 04:15:13 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11165 on: April 20, 2021, 04:13:58 am »

fuck yeah I got the May local elections coming and my borough has Count Binface running in it

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11166 on: April 20, 2021, 10:46:47 am »

sounds like a jocular jock, and dare i say, not (yet) sponsored by EU inc.; not that the buckethead competition is either.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11167 on: April 20, 2021, 11:08:54 am »

Dutch parliament told the dutch government to either force KLM to cancel it's 2 million bonus to top man Ben Smith, or they will cancel the corona support money.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11168 on: April 27, 2021, 01:13:20 pm »

So Finland might actually shoot down the EU Corona fund. The Constitutional Committee has decided that a 2/3 majority in parliament is required.

Were a few MPs from the Center Party (somewhat against) and the National Coalition Party (somewhat against, voting blank) to not toe the party line, the fund might get shot down.

Just in time for the municipal elections. Hell, the government might even collapse as a result of this vote.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #11169 on: April 27, 2021, 06:01:43 pm »

I just want to drop my two cents about not wearing masks and not isolating while vaccinated: my employing institution (the HSE) has issued two communiques to healthcare workers, to the effect that:

- Regardless of national guidelines, quarantines WILL be enforced for HCWs. Or rather, while they cant force you they recommend that you quarantine, and they can and will keep you away from the workplace for two weeks if you travel abroad.

- Regardless of anyone else´s statements to the contrary, they strongly encourage HCWs to continue social distancing and mask wearing even if they are fully vaccinated.

Make of this what you will but I think they are very sensible recommendations.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11170 on: April 27, 2021, 08:40:17 pm »

- Regardless of anyone else´s statements to the contrary, they strongly encourage HCWs to continue social distancing and mask wearing even if they are fully vaccinated.

OK, sincere, not-bullshit question: is it OK to relax anything at all when you are vaccinated? Or should we wait until something happens WRT mass vaccination numbers to change at all?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11171 on: April 28, 2021, 04:58:01 am »

Meanwhile in France, 20 retired generals, more than 100 high ranking officers, and thousands of soldiers have written a letter to Macron and the French government.  They say 'France is in danger' from 'deadly threats'.

According to them, the 'deadly threats' are 'antiracist that seed unrest, and even incite hatred between population groups', 'people who disdain our tradition and culture'. And by 'islamism and the hordes from the banlieux'.

They say that if the French government does not banish these threats soon, the worst will come to pass.
Then these threats will erupt into violence because of their laxity, and the army will be forced to intervene, and 'a civil war will end the chaos, and the government will be responsible for thousands of deaths.

This threat of a military coup comes exactly 60 years after the military coup attempt against general De Gaulle, in protest againt Algeria's independance.

Shortly after the letter was published, Marine Le Pen threw oil on the fire, by declaring solidarity with the petitioners.

https://www.volkskrant.nl/columns-opinie/franse-ex-generaals-waarschuwen-in-controversiele-brief-voor-burgeroorlog-tot-onvrede-van-defensie~bb973bb1/

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56899765
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 05:01:29 am by martinuzz »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #11172 on: April 28, 2021, 07:35:00 am »

We had the same in Spain last year (I think it was last year?)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11174 on: April 28, 2021, 02:30:19 pm »

In the game of thrones you either win or sit on the couch.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 743 744 [745] 746 747 ... 795