Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Pilgrimage to the Promised World (6/6) (Waitlist open!)  (Read 7915 times)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Pilgrimage to the Promised World (6/6) (Waitlist open!)
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2016, 04:27:49 am »

Go to the ghouls and intervene in the fight by shooting the filthy mutants.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2016, 09:21:32 am »

"AGH MY BLOODY FOOT."

*Could you control them? Make them your puppets?*

*Er... it's not as though they have minds...*

"Perhaps... perhaps yes, perhaps not. But it's worth trying..."

No activates his implants and attempts to enslave one of the ghouls.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2016, 10:15:24 am »

"You lost control of your ship?" Jeanne stepped towards the holographic map and examined the Roloth. "I suppose we can live with that for now."

JEanne goes to feetch the others who are preoccupied, hopefully with backup
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2016, 10:10:12 pm »

"Oh fuck." Anna runs. She tries to put as much distance between her and the ghoul before making a turn and activating her cloak, ready to run again if it doesn't work.
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2016, 05:56:04 pm »

Tia held her tongue, turning to the likely inside person who'd just helped her. She didn't know him and didn't trust him, but he'd injured his foot trying to help her. It wasn't exactly that she felt indebted to him, it was just it would be nice having someone willing to do that around for a bit longer.

She was about to offer to assist him in running away when it became apparant that he didn't have any intention of running away yet. She cursed again and decided to stand her ground.

Tia takes aim at one of the two ghouls that the warlock isn't preoccupied with and attempts to shoot them through the eye.
What do you think? Yes? No?

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2016, 08:29:36 pm »

Going on a trip for about a week or so, so I'm not certain if I can update it frequently.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2016, 02:42:33 am »

Spoiler: Crew (click to show/hide)

Go to the ghouls and intervene in the fight by shooting the filthy mutants.
No activates his implants and attempts to enslave one of the ghouls.
JEanne goes to feetch the others who are preoccupied, hopefully with backup
Tia takes aim at one of the two ghouls that the warlock isn't preoccupied with and attempts to shoot them through the eye.

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Combat (click to show/hide)

Tia's shot shreds the space between one of the ghouls' eyes, obliterating the brain and sending it sprawling through the air. It crashes into Jeanne, tumbling and tangled together.

Aiming his newly-bought blade-gun, Catonius lets loose a volley of shots at the mutants. One of them is eviscerated by the blades, shredding it into bits. Blood and bile spray everywhere, masking the area in grey-red goop. The floor is treacherously slippery....

Activating the ancient, arcane systems of his psychoslavery implants, the warlock grips the creature's base mind. He is free to toy with its feeble psyche....

Elder Jeanne happens upon the warriors, locked in combat with ghouls. She hears a whoosh in the air, and sees a dead ghoul fly at her. She attempts to dodge, but the slippery floor makes it near impossible to do so. With a thud, she and the ghoul are knocked into a wall.

Only one ghoul remains, enslaved by the warlock's strange magicks.

"Oh fuck." Anna runs. She tries to put as much distance between her and the ghoul before making a turn and activating her cloak, ready to run again if it doesn't work.

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

The newborn ghoul makes a leap, slashing at Anna with bestial fury. The wound cuts deep, and the stinging pain courses through Anna. The monster seems to have overextended itself, however, and smashes face-first into a wall.

Anna takes advantage of the momentary reprieve, activating her cloak and disappearing into the warping hallways. She hears a fierce roar echoing from the distance.

((Quick update before I leave.))
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2016, 03:04:34 pm »

((Have a nice trip!))

Catonius reloads the blade gun, spits on the last ghoul and walks off towards an empty room, which he would claim as his own. Then, he would place booby traps near the entrance to stop any unwanted intrusions into his sanctuary.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2016, 05:04:21 pm »

((Same.))

"Punch yourself in your face! Then do it again! Then do it again! Repeat until you're dead!"

The ghoul will punch itself in the face until it dies. Or until No loses control of it.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2016, 11:04:16 pm »

Tia treats both the ghoul and the warlock with tense suspicion, still gripping her pistol. She was tempted to leave them behind, be alone like she always was, but in such an alien place that she now knew for certain was dangerous, she didn't want to be alone if she could help it.

(Urist, you want to explore some more? Or go Back to the captain together?)

If No doesn't wish to accompany her or doesn't respond, Tia makes her way back to the captain.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2016, 11:23:53 pm »

If No is asked as to that matter, he will respond that he intends to return to the captain rather than exploring.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2016, 01:21:15 am »

Try to find a medical room of some kind, and get myself patched up.
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2016, 12:29:57 am »

Yay! tia and No waltzing back together with a pet ghoul. We already have a kid.  :P

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2016, 04:48:39 am »

Jeanne rolls her eyes and train her gun on the ghoul in case the warlock messes up.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2016, 02:21:02 am »

Spoiler: Crew (click to show/hide)

((Have a nice trip!))

Catonius reloads the blade gun, spits on the last ghoul and walks off towards an empty room, which he would claim as his own. Then, he would place booby traps near the entrance to stop any unwanted intrusions into his sanctuary.
((Thanks :) ))

Catonius shames the ghoul, then claims and booby-traps a room with jury-rigged sharps.

The ghoul will punch itself in the face until it dies. Or until No loses control of it.
Jeanne rolls her eyes and train her gun on the ghoul in case the warlock messes up.

The ghoul begins clawing its face out, frothing angrily and screaming in detest. Jeanne has her gun trained on the ghoul, herself wary of the warlock. The ghoul slumps to the ground, rasping its last breath.

Try to find a medical room of some kind, and get myself patched up.

Anna opens the nearest door, leaving bloody prints on it. Inside is a catered medical facility, and a stasis-suspension chamber lies awaiting Anna. She suspends herself in the grey fluid, allowing it to envelop her both without and within. Painkillers and nano-apothecaries revitalize her.

She exits the room, refreshed and ready for war.

If No doesn't wish to accompany her or doesn't respond, Tia makes her way back to the captain.
If No is asked as to that matter, he will respond that he intends to return to the captain rather than exploring.

The pair travel to the Captain's command deck, leaving the ghoul's corpse unceremoniously. The Captain is again staring blankly into space. When he sees the pair, he explains to them what he did to the elder: about the planet Rol and the native Roloth - and their miraculous energy-generation.

"We're coming up soon. When everyone is ready, we will make planetfall near the planet's polar caps. I won't be able to provide much help by then; I will divert all my systems into surveillance and reconnaissance. The medical chambers will still be active, however."

Outside the deck's view, they see the planet come into view - a spherical rainbow of ethereal blues, reds and purples. "The Roloth are your target. They'll have a nest somewhere near the northern pole. They're quite endangered, thanks to the predatory plants and animals there...."

"When all of you are ready, say the word and we'll land."   
Dying of laughter?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5