Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The Bling Challenge  (Read 2618 times)

Fossaman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Bling Challenge
« on: June 04, 2008, 04:58:00 pm »

I've been getting kind of bored with making stone crafts, so I've been trying alternate trade goods. One of the most entertaining that I've found is encrusting a single large gem with as many different things as you possibly can, and then using it to buy out an entire caravan.

So, the challenge is this: How valuable can you make your bling? Dangling rings, spikes, and bands of masterwork tackiness are a must.

Quote from: ThreeToe
This story had a slide down a chute. Everybody likes chutes.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Bling Challenge
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 05:13:00 pm »

Oh wow, that's actually really funny!  Great idea!
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Captain Xenon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 05:37:00 pm »

starting with a masterwork craft of gold, platinum, or aluminum may be fun as well. that way you get the crown/amulet/ring/bracelet/earring bling going.

lets see... start with a small stockpile that only takes your 'to be blinged' items, next to a jeweler and a cut get stockpile. lock the door on him once he starts with stuff on repeat. put a small food/booze stockpile and a bed in there for best effects.

now, ive had aluminum crafts start at 4000, which is a good base value to work from. and they do rock for sales to caravans. ya know, unless a mandate forbids their sale.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 05:41:00 pm »

I feel tempted to make several reactions for making several different kinds of rhinestone, numerous different colors of plastic jewels, and other fake goodies.  

And then making an adventurer to go in and wear all that junk afterwards.

Ghost of a Flea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 06:29:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Captain Xenon:
<STRONG>'to be blinged'</STRONG>

"To be blung", maybe?

Zara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 07:14:00 pm »

Don't know. How much is it worth?

Doppel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 11:41:00 pm »

Wait, that isn't real is it? (yea i'm still a newb, so i really don't know)
Doppel has been ecstatic lately. He took joy in playing DF lately. He slept on a rough cave keyboard recently.
He is a member of the Dwarf Fortress Forums.
Doppel likes the color Dark Blue, cats for their aloofness and girls for their silky soft brea beards.
He appreciates art and natural beauty.

Skizelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2008, 06:26:00 am »

Its nice to know that, a certain point, the game just gives up on adding * *s to a name.

Krash

• Bay Watcher
  • The one and only
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2008, 06:58:00 am »

This is real
MyLittlePonyBuiltMyHotRod, this is your first warning. I would like to direct you to read our forum's FAQ and posting guidelines before posting again. Specifically we don't use swear words here, and your picture of Stalin riding a Year3 Limited Edition Starflower inside a German concentration camp was both upsetting and historically inaccurate.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2008, 09:02:00 am »

How much is it?
Shoes...

Fooster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2008, 09:34:00 am »

Nice page of bling.  I have actually encrusted something with 4 pages of gems when looking at the description before.  Overall worth was nothing fantastic since it was just training up my gem setter, and he did not have many high level successes, but bringing up the description was always funny.  Now if I had completely studded it also... push the pages to 6 maybe!  It helps to always order every last gem type from the dwarf caravan.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2008, 10:15:00 am »

I don't remember the price. It was quite awhile back. Wasn't remarkably high though.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2008, 10:27:00 pm »

Keeping in mind that as far as I know, decorations MULTIPLY the value, that sort of thing would have to have pretty damn high value.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

MuonDecay

• Bay Watcher
  • Say hello to my little μ
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2008, 11:07:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Ghost of a Flea:
<STRONG>

"To be blung", maybe?</STRONG>

Considering the average intelligence of the kind of person who thought up the whole "bling" concept, I don't think conjugation is really relevant or established.

Pages: [1] 2