Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 73

Author Topic: Flabort's High Powered Bring Your Own Role 2: Game Over: EVERYONE WINS!  (Read 106489 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Flabort's High Powered Bring Your Own Role 2: Day 1: A Death this early?!
« Reply #285 on: February 05, 2016, 10:06:00 pm »

What reason would town players have to use it?
Maybe, just maybe, a town player could prevent a town lynch by editing voting posts. The same could get a townie lynched when a scum player would otherwise be lynched, though.
The scum, however... have many more reasons to manipulate posts. They can gain more from it.
And don't even get me started on jesters with post manipulation.

Anyway, my set of roles appears to be some kind of giant joke - I'm unkillable and can't win until killed and I prevent a bunch of other things from happening.
You're unkillable... but you can't win until you're killed. Hold on. Is that "killed", or is that "dead"?
Because I have a role called Frogger... if you take it somehow, you'll be able to exploit it to die night two. Not a kill, just your death. If you want that, figure out some way to take it from me.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 05, 2016, 10:10:47 pm »

I can't win until I'm dead because it makes the win-prevention role stop.
I can't steal roles, unfortunately.

Unrelated: If TolyK uses his Box of Orden, hilarity will ensue. Not from me, but from a role I sent in.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 05, 2016, 10:12:45 pm »

How is post manipulation not a town power?

How is it a town power?

Precisely: it depends how you use it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 06, 2016, 01:00:07 am »

I believe scum might get more use out of it, however.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: Flabort's High Powered Bring Your Own Role 2: Day 1: Adrift in the void
« Reply #289 on: February 06, 2016, 04:10:09 am »

Moonlit, don't use your box inspect on me (at least not first), I am 99% sure I won't be using my box in the near future.
Here we go. Assuming TolyK isn't lying about having a box of orden... assuming TDS isn't lying about having opened the box that grants power...
TolyK basically has a nuke now.

TolyK: What are you going to do with your nuke?

Well, currently, I have no idea. Killing myself would be annoying, so I definitely won't use it today, or rather until we have a big plan for most people/town to win.

If TDS really did open his box, then I must indeed have the nuke, and post-edits by Meph are probably by him.

Unrelated: If TolyK uses his Box of Orden, hilarity will ensue. Not from me, but from a role I sent in.
Hmm. Duly noted.

I submitted a Shakeragian role that probably makes all investigative powers fail while a living player has it.
Fun fact: Inspections on me will have a random random result either way.

I am also going to reiterate on the mafia-cooperate-with-me-nao thing. We 99% have a mafia and it looks as if (from my point of view) that there's a way to make (nearly?) everyone win.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 06, 2016, 09:40:03 am »

And how does the role's utility make TDS scum?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 06, 2016, 10:40:06 am »

Bloody fishie, that title o_O

I'll be posting later on but Shakerag
FoU:
Shakerag: You have an evil twin. Are you going to do something about that.
That would depend on whether or not I -can- do something about it.  For now, I think it's kind of hilarious.
Also, the Sword of Truth series sucked  >_<

Tawarochir:
Looks like you got my trigger warnings role.  Sorry bub.
WARNING: This post may trigger an infraction on my part but it's worth it
(also screw you, whoever submitted that role)
You're welcome.

4maskwolf:
What's this nonsense about this "ragshake" person being "Shakerag's evil twin".  I've played with Shakerag before, and there is no good in him.  There is no possible way for ragshake to actually be the evil twin of that duo.

Just saying.
This.  This right here.  It likely should have been my good twin  >_>

Tiruin:  Define a "healthy" amount.

The Moonlit Shadow:  Are you having problems accessing quicktopic right now?

TolyK:  How much Shakeragian bullshit did you personally introduce into this game?

Ragshake:  'sup, buddy?  Wanna go somewhere and get totally shitfaced and swap stories?

A Tumbling Tumbleweed:  *makes tumbleweed noises*

Hector13:  What question should I be asking you right now?

OSG:  What's new in the field of origami science?

Teneb:  Doesn't RVS seem even more pointless in a game like this?
Why is there a loaded question to TMS there? And why only TolyK in particular? [I mean others could've done the same] (And also with the rest being banter or stuff)
Also 'healthy' = comprehensible. I always love people asking me questions :P
But dear goodness did that not work out well :I Y u no questions me, people!

...Ok, serious wording now because (I'm silly because I'm happy. RL stuffs. I:)
Everyone: Who isn't afraid of dying, other than TDS?
TolyK: U gon keel me nao punk? Bring eet! Bring eet! I ain't afraid of no dying!
:v
What purpose does this kind of questioning lead to, and why're you excluding TDS straight out? :v Like, even in the sentence structure.

Fallacy
You could really do with adding more content when you give stuff like these :P It helps make posts more efficient.
That said...

Everyone who voted TDS: Why pick him firsthand other than the [everyone else] around?

What if I 'remove you from the game'? Would that work?
...Subtle intonation there? That's some kind of specific hypotheticals, TMS.
Maybe it's me and semantics, but I see you used 'I' there.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 06, 2016, 11:17:13 am »

Query to everybody: why would DA want to open his Box of Orden? It would either kill him, kill everybody, or grant him limited edit powers... I'm thinking that he's actually a serial killer, but won't flip as one until day four. Because then: killing everybody becomes desirable, and using the box becomes less of a risk.
Many things. Either he could be teammates with someone and opened it due to speculation of bonus. Perhaps also knowing he's town (unless there's a role/power that's hiddent hat converts flips to a certain alignment [seriously that's not nice -_- but this is me prejudging]), that there's little for him to lose and much more to gain (since the idea that 'oh wow, 1/3 chance to KILL EM ALL? Surely there's a defense to that' comes up) considering the any-3 clause there before opening it.

I am also going to reiterate on the mafia-cooperate-with-me-nao thing. We 99% have a mafia and it looks as if (from my point of view) that there's a way to make (nearly?) everyone win.
You...could explain your idea out loud you know :v I seriously doubt you'd get a 'hey I'm Mafia right now! Look at me! Please tell me your plan :D' bit. I mean I could say I'm Mafia and any hint towards it will be for forward easy guessing. It's also a strangely straightforward idea since it's obvious that you considered the context of others here. Take for example me being town, and I want to get rid of the Mafia, now I don't know you--so I use my powers on the claimed Mafia :v That's only ONE of the many fun things that can happen when uncoordination occurs.

So you explaining your plan is best for everyone. Currently at its vague state, it actually benefits the Mafia more.
Maybe YOOOUUU ARE MAFIA TOO. But that's me being silly. Usually when you do those silly things, you're not explicitly the one you call out in your plan >_>

So sup, TolyK? In the least hint about that everyone win bit.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 06, 2016, 11:20:37 am »

Everyone who voted TDS: Why pick him firsthand other than the [everyone else] around?
Because he lied (replay 211), of course. And town rarely have reason to lie.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 06, 2016, 11:27:27 am »

The box has been successfully opened and it was not the kill box.
I'm browsing via searchengine (As in I typed in boxes//box) and...you can see when boxes are opened? O_o (I don't have a box) but yeah.

I'm seriously re-reading someday soon, but I don't want to cross the OP 'one day' thing because of RL stuff! :I
And nope, especially in this context town HAVE a reason to lie even if the only ones they are certain about are themselves; the Mafia are a coordinated bunch, BUT the essence of roles each person has is a varied and very...dynamic set. So town can lie, but in a way that would forward the wincon, or at least help other people gain more information than if anything otherwise was said. But that's really contextual and I have no idea what you're talking to because I did not fully read the thread yet and gahhhhh

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 06, 2016, 11:30:19 am »

So it's a policy lynch, then? Fantastic!

Perhaps town!TDS does have reason to lie, that he can't share as of yet. Remember what type of game this is? Perhaps he didn't have a box at all. Perhaps he's a jester. Perhaps any other number of things I haven't thought about yet because I think it's silly to jump to conclusions with minimal evidence.

This is of course to say I don't have evidence beyond what's been said so far. Other's may be in a different boat altogether...

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 06, 2016, 12:54:52 pm »

Great god, Tiruin, structure PLEASE. ;_;

Everyone: Who isn't afraid of dying, other than TDS?
TolyK: U gon keel me nao punk? Bring eet! Bring eet! I ain't afraid of no dying!
:v
What purpose does this kind of questioning lead to, and why're you excluding TDS straight out? :v Like, even in the sentence structure.
Well, TDS has claimed to not dying when killed, which is why I excluded him from that question.
This question is mainly to see who I could count on living through a mass-extinction event, if it would be required by any plan.

You...could explain your idea out loud you know :v I seriously doubt you'd get a 'hey I'm Mafia right now! Look at me! Please tell me your plan :D' bit. I mean I could say I'm Mafia and any hint towards it will be for forward easy guessing. It's also a strangely straightforward idea since it's obvious that you considered the context of others here. Take for example me being town, and I want to get rid of the Mafia, now I don't know you--so I use my powers on the claimed Mafia :v That's only ONE of the many fun things that can happen when uncoordination occurs.

So you explaining your plan is best for everyone. Currently at its vague state, it actually benefits the Mafia more.
Maybe YOOOUUU ARE MAFIA TOO. But that's me being silly. Usually when you do those silly things, you're not explicitly the one you call out in your plan >_>

So sup, TolyK? In the least hint about that everyone win bit.
Well, if I were mafia, I doubt... oh, right, WIFOM. I guess I could be mafia-ally as well, if it really came to it...
Anyways.

Current plan: Figure out the puzzle peices.
Current roleclaim:
I have a suicide button, a nuke-everyone-button, a way to make chats between people, a watcher (see who visited target) ability, and some other stuff I'll keep secret for now. Some of that stuff has to do with passive-aggressively (:P) buffing a mafia team member, and some of it has to do with a jester. Yep. Given all this crap, I'd like to have a chat with the mafia team regarding their targeting of folks to coordinate "everyone wins" plans with less risk for the mafia team (they only have to trust me not betraying them, rather than the whole town).

I'm pretty sure the chats are permanent, so I'm confirming some info before doing anything, but stay tuned!

Also, hector, now I know where one of my roles comes from.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 06, 2016, 01:18:56 pm »

It's not so much that... it's possible for town to use the Power of Orden to town's benefit...
Query, hector: At the time before TDS opened(if he wasn't lying) his box, the "kill self" box had already been opened. Meaning one box nuked everybody, and one box granted... post manipulation powers.
Why would a townie want to risk nuking everybody for... post manipulation powers, of all things?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 06, 2016, 01:23:45 pm »

It's not like everyone else would die. Maybe like half the people.  :P
I don't approve of it either, but whatever I guess? :>
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 06, 2016, 01:27:27 pm »

It's not so much that... it's possible for town to use the Power of Orden to town's benefit...
Query, hector: At the time before TDS opened(if he wasn't lying) his box, the "kill self" box had already been opened. Meaning one box nuked everybody, and one box granted... post manipulation powers.
Why would a townie want to risk nuking everybody for... post manipulation powers, of all things?

'cause it's a role fuckery game. There are also 15 players, and presumable third-parties. Given that TDS is, in essence, indirectly encouraging people to kill him because TDSISOP, I'm inclined to think he's a jester.

Anyway, the box doesn't kill. It launches kill attempts on everyone. Significant difference there, buddy boy. Considering that one of the new rules is:

kills of any sort have a 20% chance of failing (on top of any other chances) but bypass all protection abilities, and any other action has a 10% chance of turning into a kill.

That means that ~1-in-5 of those kill attempts will fail. Equally so, every single action has a 1-in-10 chance of killing someone, so... considering 15 players, that means that at least one of us is going to kill someone unintentionally at some point during every single phase.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 73