Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 73

Author Topic: Flabort's High Powered Bring Your Own Role 2: Game Over: EVERYONE WINS!  (Read 106439 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Flabort's High Powered Bring Your Own Role 2: Day 1: Adrift in the void
« Reply #225 on: February 05, 2016, 06:50:35 am »

TDS: How is your non-death worded, in general terms? "Cannot die", "cannot be attacked", how?

Kills have a 100% chance of failure so I'm safe from the rule that makes kills bypass protections.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 05, 2016, 09:24:06 am »

Anyway, exactly what do these 'boxes of Orden' do?
You have two good options for learning about that:
Option one: Read the Sword of Truth series.
Option two: Read the rant about the Boxes of Orden I'm about to write.
~~~
(I don't know how it is in this game, but I can tell you how it was in the books...)
There are 3 boxes of Orden, no more, no less. Each one comes with a "cover". A box with a "cover" on it cannot be opened. The "covers" can be removed using magic, revealing a box of pure black.
In order to open a box: you must have at least one of them, then you can "put it into play". This gives you significant magical protection(for instance protection from the Sword of Truth)(I assume this is why TDS is unkillable), enables you to open a box, once you have all 3, but will kill you if you have not done so by the first day of winter. You do not need all 3 Boxes of Orden to put one into play. Once somebody has all 3 boxes of Orden, whoever has all 3 may open one of them at any time. One box grants whoever opens it godlike power. One of the two wrong boxes... kills the opener, and tears a hole in reality(let's hope that doesn't happen) that opens into the underworld. The other wrong box... kills everything. In order to determine which box is the correct one to open, one must preform complicated magical rituals and have access to a specially made sanctuary built to allow said rituals to be possible.
~~~
In short... I wouldn't be too surprised if TDS was lying about some of the aspects of his role. I learned that his statement "I have a role that stops everyone from winning" was true, but if that meant that his role could possibly stop everyone from winning(everybody dies box)... hm.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 05, 2016, 10:36:25 am »

FoU:
Shakerag: You have an evil twin. Are you going to do something about that.
That would depend on whether or not I -can- do something about it.  For now, I think it's kind of hilarious.
Also, the Sword of Truth series sucked  >_<

Tawarochir:
Looks like you got my trigger warnings role.  Sorry bub.
WARNING: This post may trigger an infraction on my part but it's worth it
(also screw you, whoever submitted that role)
You're welcome.

4maskwolf:
What's this nonsense about this "ragshake" person being "Shakerag's evil twin".  I've played with Shakerag before, and there is no good in him.  There is no possible way for ragshake to actually be the evil twin of that duo.

Just saying.
This.  This right here.  It likely should have been my good twin  >_>

Tiruin:  Define a "healthy" amount.

The Moonlit Shadow:  Are you having problems accessing quicktopic right now?

TolyK:  How much Shakeragian bullshit did you personally introduce into this game?

Ragshake:  'sup, buddy?  Wanna go somewhere and get totally shitfaced and swap stories?

A Tumbling Tumbleweed:  *makes tumbleweed noises*

Hector13:  What question should I be asking you right now?

OSG:  What's new in the field of origami science?

Teneb:  Doesn't RVS seem even more pointless in a game like this?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 05, 2016, 10:43:12 am »

TolyK:  How much Shakeragian bullshit did you personally introduce into this game?
I'm going to answer this question even though it's not mine. Because it's relevant.
I submitted 8 roles. Half of those were shakeragian.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 05, 2016, 10:54:18 am »

OSG:  What's new in the field of origami science?
I have made a pretty good elephant if I do say so myself.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 05, 2016, 10:54:51 am »

I'm going to answer this question even though it's not mine. Because it's relevant.
I submitted 8 roles. Half of those were shakeragian.
So does any role I submit automatically make it Shakeragian?  I'm not sure how this works.    ???

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 05, 2016, 10:57:08 am »

Le wha?
Je ne comprend pas.
~~
I don't understand what you just said.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 05, 2016, 11:00:07 am »

He's Shakerag, thus everything he does is in the style of Shakerag, or Shakeragian.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 05, 2016, 11:00:46 am »

Humph. I guess so.
Maybe.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 05, 2016, 12:02:12 pm »

FoU

Hector13: how are you going to vary your gameplay for this obviously bastard game? (I mean, examine who is voting for you...)

Not too much, probably. Everyone is still (kind of technically) on equal footing, so yeah. Trying to predict the bastardry that can occur in a game with 15 players and 80 roles... no thank you.

kills of any sort have a 20% chance of failing (on top of any other chances) but bypass all protection abilities, and any other action has a 10% chance of turning into a kill.

Flabsy baby, presumably this includes the lynch?

Shakerag

Hector13:  What question should I be asking you right now?

Dunno. I assume it would be best to ask a question that stems from how our wincons work relative to each other, but since I don't know your one nor how it will affect mine, my answer will be thus: standard RVS fare, perhaps a hypothetical situation?

niwT livE s'garekahS ,ekahsgaR, perhaps? Or maybe just ekahsgaR? In a mirror? While holding two angry bees on a leash, in each hand? Also dancing the cha-cha?

Red rum? Blue rum? Purple rum?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 05, 2016, 12:16:04 pm »

OSG with the triple vote. Yeehaw.
Hector13 Hector13 Hector13
Whaaaaat? You see nothing...
Are you interested in catching scum, or just screwing around? They are not mutually exclusive, but you seem to be focusing only on the latter. Furthermore, why spend all three votes on the same person?

4maskwolf: Any analysis to be posted about the public mechanics thus far?
Teneb and TolyK(and NQT): Same question.
Way to go with being lazy with your questions. There isn't much to analyze that wasn't already. Not that there was much to begin with.

TheDarkStar: Are you town?

Can everybody claim their roles?
This is a terrible idea, since an early massclaim aids only scum. Especially in outlandish setups like this one.

Teneb:  Doesn't RVS seem even more pointless in a game like this?
I used to be a firm believer in RVS, but now not so much. Yeah, it is pretty useless since it gives exactly zero benefits to a player, town or scum.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 05, 2016, 12:25:06 pm »

OSG with the triple vote. Yeehaw.
Hector13 Hector13 Hector13
Whaaaaat? You see nothing...
Are you interested in catching scum, or just screwing around? They are not mutually exclusive, but you seem to be focusing only on the latter. Furthermore, why spend all three votes on the same person?

Same thing could be said about you, mang. OSG's post was within the first few hours of the game starting, not sure how anyone is s'posed to be finding scum then, particularly when you ask a pretty naff question to your vote, and then decry RVS as being a bit pointless - in general, but also specifically in a game like this.

Perhaps you'd like to explain why you're so bothered by this..? And then why you vote for the same person that OSG triple-voted later?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 05, 2016, 12:34:19 pm »

I'm sorry.

Moonlit, don't use your box inspect on me (at least not first), I am 99% sure I won't be using my box in the near future.

Also, I might have a mini-nuke launcher built into me. Except not the boomie kind of of nuke.

I feel like we won't be getting anywhere without either bigger roleclaims or "shit getting real".
So, in this case, I'd like to ask Everyone: Who isn't afraid of dying, other than TDS?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 05, 2016, 01:18:35 pm »

Everyone: Who isn't afraid of dying, other than TDS?
I already claimed that I can't win or lose unless very specific circumstances are met.

Hector: The difference, is that I am playing to win. And as I said above and before, it is not going to be an exactly easy job.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 05, 2016, 01:24:01 pm »

Also of note, I'm pretty sure I can kill everyone at least once, probably twice, if that's required for a plan.

Everyone: Does anyone have a "role transfer" role, as in stealing/trading/etc? I have free suicides to give away as well.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 73