Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Scale worship output by race cost? (changes will be applied retroactively)

No (flat 0.3E/T/u, break-even times 3T, 5T, 8T, 13T, 19T) (pro: Balances T4-based agents, contra: Takes forever to break even)
- 6 (33.3%)
Yes (1/3 creation cost/T, break-even times 3T, 3T, 3T, 3T, 3T) (pro: 3x break-even ratio preserved, contra: Low-tier races useless)
- 2 (11.1%)
Yes ((tier + 1)/3, break-even times 3T, 6T, 8T, 10T, 12T) (pro: Maximizes above two's strengths? contra: Maximizes above two's weaknesses?)
- 9 (50%)
Yes (other scale posted in thread)
- 1 (5.6%)
Yes (another scale posted in thread)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 71

Author Topic: Ye Gods Lite OOC [Open]  (Read 72463 times)

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods Lite OOC [Open]
« Reply #990 on: January 30, 2016, 03:40:23 am »

Bear ~=~ Goliath. Depends on situation, really, I suppose. Plus, Happy Demon, you're forgetting the third part of that triumvirate.

Magic.
You have to make the magic system first.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: January 30, 2016, 05:00:12 am »

$$$
Price check on [Missing Limb]: basically the opposite of [Extra hand/foot]
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 05:50:04 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: January 30, 2016, 05:44:16 am »

$$$
Have you even read the Savage World pdf? One Leg, One Arm and One eye are all major hindrances.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: January 30, 2016, 05:50:46 am »

$$$
Have you even read the Savage World pdf? One Leg, One Arm and One eye are all major hindrances.
When I wrote the price check, I'd completely forgotten Savage World existed. I feel stupid now. :(
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: January 30, 2016, 08:34:14 am »

$$$
That brings up a question for me. Does tails act as one such limb? Since if it doesn't, snakes get 8 extra points, while Nagas and Merfolk get 4 extra points.

Hm... ideas.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: January 30, 2016, 08:59:47 am »

$$$
That brings up a question for me. Does tails act as one such limb? Since if it doesn't, snakes get 8 extra points, while Nagas and Merfolk get 4 extra points.

Hm... ideas.
Presumably it counts if you want the creatures to take the penalties for missing the limbs, i.e. speed/swimming/mobility reduction for no legs. Otherwise it doesn't count and they don't get reduced speed. Same with arms.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: January 30, 2016, 10:15:42 am »

But there are penalties. Without legs, you can't walk, meaning you're going to have to rub most of your body onto the ground. And I don't think there will be a lot of speed penalty considering there's already a speed stat. Sure, if one loses the legs, then there's an effect, but with races made to work without them, they'll just find a way to get up to the same speed.
Also, kinda hard to armor a tail of that size, as you can't really secure it on the legs (because no legs).

It seems removing legs is a good early tech advantage, but turns into a disadvantage later on.
Actually, pretty much all the animals make good early tech creatures, yet fall behind humans later on.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: January 30, 2016, 10:56:55 am »

$$$

Hm... ideas.

They would still need the "limb" to be able to function properly, and missing one is a pretty big disadvantage. That is to say, without "arms" you can't lift a weapon, without "legs" you are *probably* unable to move (and with one are severely slowed), and without both you are essentially a vegetable unable to interact with the world. Presumably, you could still designate the tail as a "leg" or "arm", but would have to take the penalties.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: January 30, 2016, 11:40:15 am »

$$$

Hm... ideas.

They would still need the "limb" to be able to function properly, and missing one is a pretty big disadvantage. That is to say, without "arms" you can't lift a weapon, without "legs" you are *probably* unable to move (and with one are severely slowed), and without both you are essentially a vegetable unable to interact with the world. Presumably, you could still designate the tail as a "leg" or "arm", but would have to take the penalties.
Maybe the tail would count as one leg, thus you only get 2 extra points.
Of course, this would only apply on big tails capable of being used to assist/provide movement.
Unless it also does that, but brings speed to -1, so in order to get it as fast as a human, you would only get 1 extra point.
Hm...

Actually, the tail can be used to grapple as well, so yeah, definitely a limb. Maybe even a major one, so maybe 3 or 4 points.
Though that would basically be sacrificing the long term armor capability for a more powerful grappling ability.
Not to mention they can't kick, operate pedals, and said tail would be much bigger than legs (and make them weigh a lot).

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: January 30, 2016, 11:42:21 am »

I'm not sure it should be an automatic assumption that any tails are prehensile, but that prehensile tails should probably require a trait.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: January 30, 2016, 11:50:06 am »

I'm not sure it should be an automatic assumption that any tails are prehensile, but that prehensile tails should probably require a trait.
When it comes to snake tails, who are most commonly known for either being venomous or constrictors, I'd say it's an automatic assumption.
Therefore having the lower body of a snake will at least count as 1 leg, and even then, that's quite a big tail.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: January 30, 2016, 11:57:37 am »

When it comes to snake tails, who are most commonly known for either being venomous or constrictors, I'd say it's an automatic assumption.
Therefore having the lower body of a snake will at least count as 1 leg, and even then, that's quite a big tail.

Not all tails are snake tails..?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: January 30, 2016, 12:02:00 pm »

Bear ~=~ Goliath. Depends on situation, really, I suppose. Plus, Happy Demon, you're forgetting the third part of that triumvirate.

Magic.
The ability to shape shift is magic. The world is magic. There are gods and the gods have what amounts to magic. You most certainly do not. My point is that it is a fantasy setting.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: January 30, 2016, 12:04:35 pm »

Magic.
The ability to shape shift is magic. The world is magic. There are gods and the gods have what amounts to magic. You most certainly do not. My point is that it is a fantasy setting.

While I have to disagree with what you said (specifically gods have magic. Gods have better than magic :P) I agree with the sentiment. Shapeshifting was a trait for creations in YG2, and it didn't require magic.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: January 30, 2016, 12:50:45 pm »

Eh, might as well try something.
Spoiler: Snake People (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 01:01:07 pm by Happy Demon »

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 71