Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Scale worship output by race cost? (changes will be applied retroactively)

No (flat 0.3E/T/u, break-even times 3T, 5T, 8T, 13T, 19T) (pro: Balances T4-based agents, contra: Takes forever to break even)
- 6 (33.3%)
Yes (1/3 creation cost/T, break-even times 3T, 3T, 3T, 3T, 3T) (pro: 3x break-even ratio preserved, contra: Low-tier races useless)
- 2 (11.1%)
Yes ((tier + 1)/3, break-even times 3T, 6T, 8T, 10T, 12T) (pro: Maximizes above two's strengths? contra: Maximizes above two's weaknesses?)
- 9 (50%)
Yes (other scale posted in thread)
- 1 (5.6%)
Yes (another scale posted in thread)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 71

Author Topic: Ye Gods Lite OOC [Open]  (Read 72477 times)

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods Lite OOC [Open]
« Reply #660 on: January 21, 2016, 02:12:25 pm »

Name: Isgon
Primary form: A hominoid bird with a cut wing and a missing eye. It is missing many feathers along his body, and he is covered in scars.
Symbol: A triangle with a skull in it
Spheres: Plague and Madness
Friends, Enemies: None really.
Description/Background: A god who was once benevolent and good. He believed in knowledge and wisdom, but when he was accused of attempting to kill an evil god, he committed godly suicide and fell into statis. In his deep sleep he evolved. He couldn't believe he would be persecuted for something as good as trying to kill an evil god, and it drove him mad. As he pondered he insane thoughts he heard voices, voices of gods This caused Isgon to wake in a flurry of madness, and rise as Isgon the reborn, god of madness and famine! Ready to bring hate and evil to the world.

Do this look good?
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: January 21, 2016, 02:15:41 pm »

So, your god Is no longer Gon?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: January 21, 2016, 02:16:33 pm »

So, your god Is no longer Gon?

I lol'd
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: January 21, 2016, 02:36:21 pm »

Primary form: A hominoid bird with a cut wing and a missing eye. It is missing many feathers along his body, and he is covered in scars.
Description/Background: A god who was once benevolent and good. He believed in knowledge and wisdom, but when he was accused of attempting to kill an evil god, he committed godly suicide and fell into statis. In his deep sleep he evolved. He couldn't believe he would be persecuted for something as good as trying to kill an evil god, and it drove him mad. As he pondered he insane thoughts he heard voices, voices of gods This caused Isgon to wake in a flurry of madness, and rise as Isgon the reborn, god of madness and famine! Ready to bring hate and evil to the world.

Do this look good?
Oh dear. The gang is getting back together. Bets on who they pre-emptively defend themselves against this time?

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: January 21, 2016, 02:51:08 pm »

Do this look good?
Oh dear. The gang is getting back together. Bets on who they pre-emptively defend themselves against this time?
Well there's always the execution god, who also makes artifact weapons, which he very much intends to use.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: January 21, 2016, 02:52:24 pm »

Nothing here...
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #666 on: January 21, 2016, 03:03:50 pm »

Broadcast:
        World tunnel connection woes: You have 1.) an unpowered moon "orbiting" with a constantly changing ascending/descending node, 2.) people living on the inner surface of a hollow sphere-like object, 3.) magic, 4.) a heat/light source powerful enough to power half of the inner surface of the sphere-like object indefinitely that doesn't seem to be overtly radioactive, and 5.) a constantly molten moon about the same distance from the sun as an ice moon and an earthlike planet, and 6.) floating islands. :P

Andres:
        Bad kph: Fixed
        Payment on deals: Eh, just mention automaticness if you want it to be automatic I guess. It's no fun if I artificially prevent future scams, and automatic payments do have the quirk that they'll also automatically draw from Ichor if you're out of Essence
        Why: Two words: Whimsy and
        (m?): It feels like Enkim would be the plural form, but I keep messing up anglicized plurals for foreign words with familiar features

Andres and Vgray: Confirming that no payment was sent because of the partial completion thing

Demonic Spoon:
        Discount: It's not that much of a discount anyway :P
        [Because Dragons]: Modified so as to add only a breath attack (optionally specifiable as fire/freezing/poison/electric/sludge/gas/sonicsomething else)
        Dragonfalls: 3x cost of creating a unit of whatever the endpoint is, be it a race or agent. I suppose limiting its use could drive the price down a bit to compensate
        Essence income: The Essence income is calculated using the population of the race and nothing else. It looks like you'll get an average of 2E over the next 2 Ticks (but you can try making Kobolds from Ichor or something cheaper to speed that up a bit)

Happy Demon:
        Delay: I thought two reports were due, but as is usual and expected, it turned out only one not-for-credit one was due yesterday :P

micelus: Nice!
        Ichor: Given that you have plenty of Essence, probably spreadsheet debris. Fixing to 20/20I

Demonic Spoon and Stirk: Creating units of the race is optional, but creating the race's stats is somewhat less so

Spoiler: tntey (click to show/hide)
Added

Spoiler: pricechecks to do (click to show/hide)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: January 21, 2016, 03:13:34 pm »

So we are able to use Ichor as Essence or Flux, as in previous games, correct? I didn't know that  :-X.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: January 21, 2016, 03:17:46 pm »

So we are able to use Ichor as Essence or Flux, as in previous games, correct? I didn't know that  :-X.
He mentioned that he forgot to add that and would fix it soon in the latest tick iirc.

Demonic Spoon:
        Discount: It's not that much of a discount anyway :P
Well yeah, I mean pantheon discount is already beating it with just three members.

Demonic Spoon:
        Essence income: The Essence income is calculated using the population of the race and nothing else. It looks like you'll get an average of 2E over the next 2 Ticks (but you can try making Kobolds from Ichor or something cheaper to speed that up a bit)
Oh? My impression from this part of the race creation rules is that higher tier races give more essence per tick:
Races and agents

The break-even factor in YGL is 3x, meaning that it takes 3 Ticks to receive the 1E spent to create a basic race back on average.
Emphasis mine.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 03:28:23 pm by Demonic Spoon »

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: January 21, 2016, 03:25:52 pm »

Price Check$$$
Creating plants

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: January 21, 2016, 03:36:55 pm »

Price Check$$$
Creating plants
As these are obviously EVIL plants, I'm just going to pre-emptively kill you.  ;)

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: January 21, 2016, 03:46:50 pm »

Pricecheck$$$
Creating a disease

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: January 21, 2016, 03:50:22 pm »

He mentioned that he forgot to add that and would fix it soon in the latest tick iirc.

Hes, he did, I remember reading it then but didn't really have any solid rules to work with. This was a conformation.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: January 21, 2016, 04:11:08 pm »

I can read black text fine on darkling though.  ???

Question for the KJP: How to handle essence cost fractions? In cases like something costing 1.3 essence for example.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 04:30:46 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: January 21, 2016, 04:40:59 pm »

I can read black text fine on darkling though.  ???

Question for the KJP: How to handle essence cost fractions? In cases like something costing 1.3 essence for example.
If I remember correctly, he rolls a d10, if it lands on 4 or more it costs 1, if it lands on 3 or less it costs 2.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 71