Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Scale worship output by race cost? (changes will be applied retroactively)

No (flat 0.3E/T/u, break-even times 3T, 5T, 8T, 13T, 19T) (pro: Balances T4-based agents, contra: Takes forever to break even)
- 6 (33.3%)
Yes (1/3 creation cost/T, break-even times 3T, 3T, 3T, 3T, 3T) (pro: 3x break-even ratio preserved, contra: Low-tier races useless)
- 2 (11.1%)
Yes ((tier + 1)/3, break-even times 3T, 6T, 8T, 10T, 12T) (pro: Maximizes above two's strengths? contra: Maximizes above two's weaknesses?)
- 9 (50%)
Yes (other scale posted in thread)
- 1 (5.6%)
Yes (another scale posted in thread)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 71

Author Topic: Ye Gods Lite OOC [Open]  (Read 72423 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods Lite OOC [Open]
« Reply #630 on: January 20, 2016, 10:30:25 am »

Or it was created ahead of time.

Heck, Stirk created an agent that he publicly stated was to protect him. That's no different from creating weapons and armour :P
I also made bodyguard trees publicly.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: January 20, 2016, 10:32:24 am »

I'm impressed you guys got Andres to change the names of Humans willingly without resorting to murder. Good job on that!

I like how Hevin isn't even trying to hide that he's making stuff.

Though that can cause the other gods to start making stuff as well, especially Eid. Though this time he doesn't even have to f*** up to have us fighting over it.
Leading to yet another waste of time while Meow makes some sort of superweapon.
It's kinda hard to support the whole "Eid is evil" thing, when the guy who was attacked, was wielding an unknown sword and unknown armor.
That is showing he was up to something, supporting more that Eid was paranoid, not evil. Since, as always. Innocent until proven guilty.

Oh hey, I rambled, better strikethrough.
Why are you assuming gods would subscribe to the (relatively modern) idea of "innocent until proven guilty"? Really the clusterfuck in YG2 was delightfully in character from my point of view, and most importantly, fun, though I wasn't really involved in it from what I can recall.

The idea of presumption of innocents was around in Roman times, at least six century maybe second/third. We had weapons more "modern" than that.

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: January 20, 2016, 10:34:37 am »

.....i don't think real history can be used as a comparison when the world is so different.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: January 20, 2016, 10:36:51 am »

I'm impressed you guys got Andres to change the names of Humans willingly without resorting to murder. Good job on that!

I like how Hevin isn't even trying to hide that he's making stuff.

Though that can cause the other gods to start making stuff as well, especially Eid. Though this time he doesn't even have to f*** up to have us fighting over it.
Leading to yet another waste of time while Meow makes some sort of superweapon.
It's kinda hard to support the whole "Eid is evil" thing, when the guy who was attacked, was wielding an unknown sword and unknown armor.
That is showing he was up to something, supporting more that Eid was paranoid, not evil. Since, as always. Innocent until proven guilty.

Oh hey, I rambled, better strikethrough.
Why are you assuming gods would subscribe to the (relatively modern) idea of "innocent until proven guilty"? Really the clusterfuck in YG2 was delightfully in character from my point of view, and most importantly, fun, though I wasn't really involved in it from what I can recall.

The idea of presumption of innocents was around in Roman times, at least six century maybe second/third. We had weapons more "modern" than that.
Fair enough. I had honestly forgotten about justinian law, but it regressed after that from a quick wiki-skimming.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: January 20, 2016, 10:40:54 am »

Fair enough. I had honestly forgotten about justinian law, but it regressed after that from a quick wiki-skimming.

Well Roman law was hardly going to hold up after the fall of Rome  :P. The concept was there for a long time, I was simply pointing out it wasn't as "Modern" as you had believed it was.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: January 20, 2016, 10:56:30 am »

Well Roman law was hardly going to hold up after the fall of Rome  :P. The concept was there for a long time, I was simply pointing out it wasn't as "Modern" as you had believed it was.
Then again, the modern age was around WW2, and then there's modern and new modern art.
Modern is kinda meaningless now.

Oh, and how could we forget modern history, which starts somewhere in the 14th century.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: January 20, 2016, 07:01:10 pm »

Eh, getting the feeling it's taking a while for the update. Anything in particular causing the delay?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: January 20, 2016, 07:04:29 pm »

KJP has existence outside of YG? :P
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: January 20, 2016, 07:15:53 pm »

Eh, getting the feeling it's taking a while for the update. Anything in particular causing the delay?

Its only been three days, and he took one of them to go through all the OOC stuff...

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: January 20, 2016, 07:23:36 pm »

"Stirk can you fix my calculations of the Moonwalkers?"  :)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: January 20, 2016, 07:43:24 pm »

What do you think I am, the forum police  ::)?

It seems you do know more about the matter than I do...
So the problem is why I am actually asking is due to the fact that I can't really get my head wrapped around the savage worlds hindrances and advantages. It all eludes me so far...

Edit:
Spoiler: The Moonwalkers (click to show/hide)
Is this correct ?

...I have 0 clue what you are trying to do here. The thing is, it is absurdly easy to calculate prices here. Reposting price sheet:

Tier-0: +2 points to spend, 1E/unit
Tier-1: +3 points to spend, 1.7E/unit
Tier-2: +5 points to spend, 3E/unit
Tier-3: +6 points to spend, 5.2E/unit
Tier-4: +8 points to spend, 9E/unit

Meaning that you can only ever have prices of 1, 1.7, 3, 5.2, and 9E per unit. No, I see what you are trying to do now, but castes don't seem to work like that. And if they did there still isn't any 12E/unit tier. And you counted Protection +3 as 2 points, instead of 3 points like it actually is. Most of your castes use more than 8 points, meaning you can't use them. If you change everything to be 8 points, then they will cost 9E per unit. We have a slightly-outdated tool for this even.

So here is how it goes. You have, at most, 8 points to spend. If you spend all those eight points, then it costs 9E/unit to make them. So if all the castes in that thing^ are individually 8 points, you will spend 9E. You can't make them 12 or 11 or even 9 points, only 8 at most. Since that seems to be what you want to do (and it would *probably* make the price-check easier, since they don't have to average out), just remove things until they are all 8 points. Just removing the poison immunity is enough for the 9Es, the others will have to remove more. In addition, there isn't an "Intelligence" stat (the equivalent would be "Smarts"), and the +1 Smarts isn't explicitly listed. The -2 Attribute would be crippling, as it would lower you to 0 dice naturally, essentially meaning they would be too dumb to have any chance of succeeding at any given intellectual task.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 07:52:35 pm by Stirk »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: January 21, 2016, 03:26:56 am »

Fluff for the fluff god! Lore for the lore throne!

Spoiler: Emegtei (click to show/hide)
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: January 21, 2016, 04:27:57 am »

Eid instructs the Humans to stop eating the angel-icious Angelicos, but it appears that they have no idea what an Angelicus is.
KJP, please. Just...why?

Enki(m?)
What's with the "(m?)"?

Azem has created two of three units of Enki ordered by Eid. (Azem: -2E)
Why only two out of three? He has 6 Actions and it only costs 2 Actions per unit.

Do the Azem-made Enki worship only me or do they also worship Azem?

EDIT: @Vgray, I'm pretty sure the reason I didn't pay you is because you only made two out of the three units. I didn't do any secret actions or anything saying I won't pay you.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 05:21:34 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: January 21, 2016, 04:56:29 am »

That's quite a literal interpretation of 'rap battle'. I love it.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: January 21, 2016, 04:59:52 am »

That's quite a literal interpretation of 'rap battle'. I love it.
Wut? No, that's just the chant to the God of Fluff.
Those who do lots of fluff tends to also be worshipers of the Fluff God.

All hail the God of Fluff, and their extra fluffy tail.

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 71