Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Scale worship output by race cost? (changes will be applied retroactively)

No (flat 0.3E/T/u, break-even times 3T, 5T, 8T, 13T, 19T) (pro: Balances T4-based agents, contra: Takes forever to break even)
- 6 (33.3%)
Yes (1/3 creation cost/T, break-even times 3T, 3T, 3T, 3T, 3T) (pro: 3x break-even ratio preserved, contra: Low-tier races useless)
- 2 (11.1%)
Yes ((tier + 1)/3, break-even times 3T, 6T, 8T, 10T, 12T) (pro: Maximizes above two's strengths? contra: Maximizes above two's weaknesses?)
- 9 (50%)
Yes (other scale posted in thread)
- 1 (5.6%)
Yes (another scale posted in thread)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 71

Author Topic: Ye Gods Lite OOC [Open]  (Read 72406 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods Lite OOC [Open]
« Reply #540 on: January 18, 2016, 08:13:27 am »

Ummm Demonic spoon, the sphere discount is only 10%. You multiply it by .9. It's not 90% off.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: January 18, 2016, 08:33:54 am »

It was ment to be a reference and a joke but whatever,ill remove it,no big deal since they don't exist in the world yet.

Also just because oocly you dislike something about them and then curseing them or killing them as a result is just as bad as randomly killing someone on ss13 because you didn't like what they said in ooc.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 08:40:05 am by piratejoe »
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: January 18, 2016, 08:55:10 am »

It was ment to be a reference and a joke but whatever,ill remove it,no big deal since they don't exist in the world yet.

Also just because oocly you dislike something about them and then curseing them or killing them as a result is just as bad as randomly killing someone on ss13 because you didn't like what they said in ooc.
I'm willing to play meta to remove meta elements I don't like.
Ummm Demonic spoon, the sphere discount is only 10%. You multiply it by .9. It's not 90% off.
Spheres
Excessively meta spheres such as "Gods," "Ichor," "Game Rules," or "Everything," will be rejected outright. Additionally, spheres now have more interesting, individual effects than boring discounts. To compensate, sphere discounts where they apply have been set at a flat, unstackable 90%
The discount is 90%? As in 90% off the original price.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: January 18, 2016, 09:19:47 am »

Quote from: piratejoe link=topic=155417.msg6745816#msg6745816 date=1

Spheres
Excessively meta spheres such as "Gods," "Ichor," "Game Rules," or "Everything," will be rejected outright. Additionally, spheres now have more interesting, individual effects than boring discounts. To compensate, sphere discounts where they apply have been set at a flat, unstackable 90%

No, as in 90% of the normal cost. *.1 would be an absurd amount, and *.9 is consistent with past games. Look at the cooperative discount list, the numbers all go down starting at 100, written in the same way as this discount. By your logic, working alone would be free but everyone working together would cost 95%.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: January 18, 2016, 09:30:17 am »

Quote from: piratejoe link=topic=155417.msg6745816#msg6745816 date=1

Spheres

No, as in 90% of the normal cost. *.1 would be an absurd amount, and *.9 is consistent with past games. Look at the cooperative discount list, the numbers all go down starting at 100, written in the same way as this discount. By your logic, working alone would be free but everyone working together would cost 95%.
My argument was more that the wording said that the discount itself was 90%, while co-operative discounts clearly don't work that way, but on reflection you're probably correct so I've edited my actions. Drakes are kobolds now I guess.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: January 18, 2016, 10:09:10 am »

Alright, back at my computer. Sorry for skipping everything, I just wanted to mention that before I forgot it :S.

*looks at poll*
:'( Why are you all so mean to me. :'(

You know what you did  >:(.

So Stirk, Drakan made a literal slave race in the form of the Drakes. Are you telling me you're gonna start killing them off because of their servile nature?

There is a major difference between Servants and Slaves in Phonoi's eyes. Servants are like butlers and maids, they work for someone. Slaves are property. Unlike with your vows, there would be nothing biologically keeping them from becoming anything more than pawns, meaning that there is plenty of Potential in them. He made (well, before the edit :p) Servants, you planned on making Slaves.

Lol

Stirk was in a super-silly mood and had no sleep :p.
So Stirk, Drakan made a literal slave race in the form of the Drakes. Are you telling me you're gonna start killing them off because of their servile nature?
Stirk opposes servant races now? Did I miss something?
Phonoi would be super-annoyed at you making these and would kill them all, which was serious. These things exist only to be your slaves, they have no Potential at all. Their only hope would be for Liberation, one way or another. At the very least you can't expect anyone else to care about them, they may have Potential as experience point fodder. Besides, do you even know who the Phonoi where?
Drakes have plenty of potential though. I mean, even them rising up against their dragon masters is theoretically possible. I just tried to make them inclined to a servant relationship to the Dragons with description and traits (fear ensures loyalty!). I don't have a major vow hindrance that forces them to obey. There's a big difference.

My argument was more that the wording said that the discount itself was 90%, while co-operative discounts clearly don't work that way, but on reflection you're probably correct so I've edited my actions. Drakes are kobolds now I guess.

I understand what you where saying, and I am saying that the wording is easily comparable to the other list. Anyway, I was also going to point out that the cooperative list has 10% for 12 Gods working together, which would also make it obvious that having an equivalent sphere discount is highly unlikely.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 11:46:05 am by Stirk »

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: January 18, 2016, 10:25:58 am »

I really don't understand why so many people are ticked off about my Lightning Pterodactyls, At least they are original. Happy Demon, If you curse my Pterodactyls with a Dragon Phobia, Kuthulknoes will be quite heavily miffed, and you might regret it. After all, He didn't get to the point where he could consume his entire old universe by fighting fair. But if you did curse them, it would make sense IC so no hard feelings.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: January 18, 2016, 10:55:43 am »

I think Sauko is pissed because you totally overstepped your bounds :P "limited weather manipulation" at the "level of a master weather wizard" indeed!

The other two are probably just upset because LOOKS LIKE DRAGONS.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: January 18, 2016, 11:05:42 am »

I really don't understand why so many people are ticked off about my Lightning Pterodactyls, At least they are original. Happy Demon, If you curse my Pterodactyls with a Dragon Phobia, Kuthulknoes will be quite heavily miffed, and you might regret it. After all, He didn't get to the point where he could consume his entire old universe by fighting fair. But if you did curse them, it would make sense IC so no hard feelings.
Wut? I only price checked the Wargs because I had figured one of Hevin's personalities was a Norse God of some sort.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: January 18, 2016, 11:46:59 am »

I think Sauko is pissed because you totally overstepped your bounds :P "limited weather manipulation" at the "level of a master weather wizard" indeed!

One must wonder if creatures that powerful would still count as free animals  :-\.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: January 18, 2016, 12:05:41 pm »

One must wonder if creatures that powerful would still count as free animals  :-\.

I'm completely willing to drop Essence on it, Powerful monsters is what I do, after all.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: January 18, 2016, 12:40:36 pm »

I'm completely willing to drop Essence on it, Powerful monsters is what I do, after all.

So long as you add that it's easily tameable by my races, that's fine :P
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: January 18, 2016, 12:45:41 pm »

I think you meant me? I'm not definitely cursing them, in fact I'm considering declaring them honorary dragons instead, just want to know what it would cost. Pricechecks don't mean a person is definitely going to do something. Not that you're threat would really stop me.

Vis a vis being pissed off, you made dragony creatures before the dragon gods. Boo!

COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT IS UNACCEPTABLE
Wut? I only price checked the Wargs because I had figured one of Hevin's personalities was a Norse God of some sort.
He probably meant me.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 12:53:18 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: January 18, 2016, 12:51:08 pm »

I think you meant me? I'm not definitely cursing them, in fact I'm considering declaring them honorary dragons instead, just want to know what it would cost. Pricechecks don't mean a person is definitely going to do something. Not that you're threat would really stop me.

He probably meant me.

Sorry if I was unclear, I did mean Happy Demon. An Inter-Deity War before Tick 3's even started would be a little bit extreme. Also, How does a blue pterodactyl cause a copyright infringement towards your dragon sphere?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: January 18, 2016, 12:54:31 pm »

He probably meant me.

Sorry if I was unclear, I did mean Happy Demon. An Inter-Deity War before Tick 3's even started would be a little bit extreme. Also, How does a blue pterodactyl cause a copyright infringement towards your dragon sphere?
No, I'm pretty sure you didn't mean Happy Demon, but me, Demonic Spoon. I'm the one that pricechecked cursing the ptero's with Dragon Phobia.

Flying magical dinosaur is similar to Dragons.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 71