Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Scale worship output by race cost? (changes will be applied retroactively)

No (flat 0.3E/T/u, break-even times 3T, 5T, 8T, 13T, 19T) (pro: Balances T4-based agents, contra: Takes forever to break even)
- 6 (33.3%)
Yes (1/3 creation cost/T, break-even times 3T, 3T, 3T, 3T, 3T) (pro: 3x break-even ratio preserved, contra: Low-tier races useless)
- 2 (11.1%)
Yes ((tier + 1)/3, break-even times 3T, 6T, 8T, 10T, 12T) (pro: Maximizes above two's strengths? contra: Maximizes above two's weaknesses?)
- 9 (50%)
Yes (other scale posted in thread)
- 1 (5.6%)
Yes (another scale posted in thread)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 71

Author Topic: Ye Gods Lite OOC [Open]  (Read 72525 times)

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods Lite OOC [Open]
« Reply #480 on: January 17, 2016, 05:37:00 pm »

*Munches on Jelly Beans, Listens intently.

Seriously though KJP, can I change Kuthulknoes's 2nd sphere from Chaos to Disorder, since we haven't really started yet and Disorder suits Kuthulknoes's personality much better, while being arguably weaker than Chaos, since it only really applies to disrupting Order and we already have 3 Chaos Gods?

Also, I don't disagree, OOC, Ardent, but it should be that way according to who? The gods, as far as I can tell, have yet to come to any sort of accord on that point. Freedom of religion is a bit touchier when the gods get pissy if you don't sacrifice your goats every month.

According to Kuthulknoes, He's ((Arguably)) quite Fair and ((Apart from creating hordes of monstrosities, setting Mortal civilizations at war with one another, and consuming Souls)) benevolent. As long as Mortals don't seriously blaspheme against him in public he doesn't really care whether or not they worship him, as long as they respect his power.

Also, guys, if you start eradicating every species of Monster Kuthulknoes creates without a good IC reason I'll be very heavily annoyed.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: January 17, 2016, 05:41:25 pm »

Seriously though KJP, can I change Kuthulknoes's 2nd sphere from Chaos to Disorder, since we haven't really started yet and Disorder suits Kuthulknoes's personality much better, while being arguably weaker than Chaos, since it only really applies to disrupting Order and we already have 3 Chaos Gods?

Also, I don't disagree, OOC, Ardent, but it should be that way according to who? The gods, as far as I can tell, have yet to come to any sort of accord on that point. Freedom of religion is a bit touchier when the gods get pissy if you don't sacrifice your goats every month.

According to Kuthulknoes, He's ((Arguably)) quite Fair and ((Apart from creating hordes of monstrosities, setting Mortal civilizations at war with one another, and consuming Souls)) benevolent. As long as Mortals don't seriously blaspheme against him in public he doesn't really care whether or not they worship him, as long as they respect his power.

Also, guys, if you start eradicating every species of Monster Kuthulknoes creates without a good IC reason I'll be very heavily annoyed.
Vir might support you on the monster part.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: January 17, 2016, 05:42:23 pm »

There's the rub, though, isn't it?

Some people find being allowed to blaspheme against other religions a very important part of their religious freedom. :P
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: January 17, 2016, 05:50:58 pm »

Vir might support you on the monster part.

Yeah, Dungeons and Monsters really go hand in hand don't they? I'll talk about a potential alliance once the game actually starts.

There's the rub, though, isn't it?

Some people find being allowed to blaspheme against other religions a very important part of their religious freedom. :P

Point taken.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: January 17, 2016, 07:33:52 pm »

You missed my action:
Budgeting 3 Flux and the rest of my Actions, I research the Angels sphere.

EDIT: So I'm looking at the 'Skills' section of the SW rulebook and there are a few pecularities. First is the reference to "Arcane Backgrounds" for more information which aside from a mention in Sample Powers and the Edge, doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere else.

The second pecularity is Faith. It's mentioned in the 'Powers' section that it's an arcane skill and in the two Edges that use it. The two Edges are both anti-evil so does that mean there's objective evil in YGL? Is it evil relative to what the god thinks is evil? As for the Faith skill itself, what exactly is it? Is it a type of magic? Can anyone use Faith magic regardless of whether there's a present magic system to use?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 07:56:37 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: January 17, 2016, 08:16:12 pm »

That was just before the turn was put up, Andres. He doesn't do actions that late.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: January 17, 2016, 08:18:34 pm »

Damn, that's unfortunate.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #487 on: January 17, 2016, 08:38:56 pm »

Demonic Spoon: Pumping extra points for traits: Not at this time, but if there's enough demand for higher tiers, it's possible.

micelus: It's probably more useful for agents than races (which would be better served by fluff), yes

darkwarlock3 &al.: Mindless races would likely not be races to begin with, given their function

Ardent Debater: Done. And here I was hoping for a big fight :P

Andres: Resolving as a T1 action
        Magic systems, objective something-ity: YGL throws out pretty much all the SW magic stuff except there being an Edge for magic and a casting skill. Quit insinuating that I would actively try to implement something like that in YG's typical settings :P

--more to come--

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: January 17, 2016, 09:04:19 pm »

« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 09:21:22 pm by Andres »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #489 on: January 17, 2016, 09:20:22 pm »

Spoiler: Poll results (click to show/hide)
Median: Halfway between TL0 and TL1
Resolution: Global tech level downgraded to TL1 (magic usable to replicate TL2 to some extent)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: January 17, 2016, 09:21:31 pm »

The OP said that there's a cost on activating worship sharing for races. Does this apply only to already-existing races or also to races that are being created at that moment?

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #491 on: January 17, 2016, 09:23:03 pm »

Both (the price is there to serve as a disincentive to increasing bookkeeping)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: January 17, 2016, 09:25:36 pm »

Quick point regarding my actions in the last Tick: I didn't have enough action points left after creating the Kikna (that is unless I did something wrong with them) and doing some secret things to actively oppose Arnie's web thing so... mine is just a protest as well.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: January 17, 2016, 09:27:17 pm »

How much Essence does Kuthulknoes have left?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: January 17, 2016, 09:29:44 pm »

Quick point regarding my actions in the last Tick: I didn't have enough action points left after creating the Kikna (that is unless I did something wrong with them) and doing some secret things to actively oppose Arnie's web thing so... mine is just a protest as well.

In saying that the create Kikna action wasn't processed so... I dono heh.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 71