Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Scale worship output by race cost? (changes will be applied retroactively)

No (flat 0.3E/T/u, break-even times 3T, 5T, 8T, 13T, 19T) (pro: Balances T4-based agents, contra: Takes forever to break even)
- 6 (33.3%)
Yes (1/3 creation cost/T, break-even times 3T, 3T, 3T, 3T, 3T) (pro: 3x break-even ratio preserved, contra: Low-tier races useless)
- 2 (11.1%)
Yes ((tier + 1)/3, break-even times 3T, 6T, 8T, 10T, 12T) (pro: Maximizes above two's strengths? contra: Maximizes above two's weaknesses?)
- 9 (50%)
Yes (other scale posted in thread)
- 1 (5.6%)
Yes (another scale posted in thread)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 71

Author Topic: Ye Gods Lite OOC [Open]  (Read 72514 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods Lite OOC [Open]
« Reply #450 on: January 17, 2016, 02:32:52 pm »

On the other hand, what happens when multiple afterlives all compete for non-worshippers?

At this point it isn't even clear if neutral souls go into anywhere in particular, even if the afterlives say they do. Its possible that only the souls that worship Gods go to their afterlives, making the fight pointless. Might need some IC research for that though.

Anyway, I kinda expected Demonic Spoons "Your worshipers all go to my afterlife if they be dragons!" to gain more attention, especially when he isn't the only Dragon based God.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: January 17, 2016, 02:36:59 pm »

On the other hand, what happens when multiple afterlives all compete for non-worshippers?

I can't help but think of a supernatural travel agent trying to sell a newly deceased lost soul on the merits of the various afterlives.

"There tend to be a lot of your kind that end up in this afterlife, so it would be like a home away from home. If you're looking for something a bit more exotic, you can be eaten and digested by a deity in this afterlife, or even brutally tortured by spiders and reincarnated as a mindless slave in this one!

... Oh, you're not quite ready to decide yet? Okay, take these brochures through to the waiting area and notify my associate if you have questions. NEXT!"
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: January 17, 2016, 02:41:08 pm »

I can't help but think of a supernatural travel agent trying to sell a newly deceased lost soul on the merits of the various afterlives.

"There tend to be a lot of your kind that end up in this afterlife, so it would be like a home away from home. If you're looking for something a bit more exotic, you can be eaten and digested by a deity in this afterlife, or even brutally tortured by spiders and reincarnated as a mindless slave in this one!

... Oh, you're not quite ready to decide yet? Okay, take these brochures through to the waiting area and notify my associate if you have questions. NEXT!"
Hmm... I think I may have to do that..
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: January 17, 2016, 02:43:52 pm »

Anyway, I kinda expected Demonic Spoons "Your worshipers all go to my afterlife if they be dragons!" to gain more attention, especially when he isn't the only Dragon based God.
Vir(the other dragon god) was rumbling but fortunately got distracted by cobwebs. Also my afterlife isn't innately hostile as such to souls inside, unlike the metaphysical stomach and webs, the Bloodpits are explicitly voluntary and you can easily avoid the major dangers of the plane.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 02:46:40 pm by Demonic Spoon »

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: January 17, 2016, 02:50:26 pm »

Respect your elders!
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: January 17, 2016, 02:51:25 pm »

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: January 17, 2016, 02:54:40 pm »

DAMN HE'S RIGHT....um....i can turn into a dragon that's cool right?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: January 17, 2016, 03:06:42 pm »

Vir(the other dragon god) was rumbling but fortunately got distracted by cobwebs. Also my afterlife isn't innately hostile as such to souls inside, unlike the metaphysical stomach and webs, the Bloodpits are explicitly voluntary and you can easily avoid the major dangers of the plane.

Its less what happens to the Souls, and more the fact you are stealing them in the first place  :P. You (and the other lizard guys) are likely going to make dragons and dragon-like races. As the mechanics go, many will Worship other Gods, yet you are claiming their Souls. Basically stealing from all gods blatantly :p.

It is a pretty big investment into something that can be wiped out with 3A anyway.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: January 17, 2016, 03:09:10 pm »

If you put essence into your afterlife, I have doubts it'll be so easy to tear down.

And of course, it's easier for them to build it back up if it's purely AP then it is to tear it down.

And I don't know if 'claiming all the souls of the race I made regardless of god' is stealing from other gods. They didn't make the race; when did we decide that if a mortal worships you then you've 'earned' them?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: January 17, 2016, 03:13:09 pm »

If you put essence into your afterlife, I have doubts it'll be so easy to tear down.

And of course, it's easier for them to build it back up if it's purely AP then it is to tear it down.

And I don't know if 'claiming all the souls of the race I made regardless of god' is stealing from other gods. They didn't make the race; when did we decide that if a mortal worships you then you've 'earned' them?

'cause their soul goes to your afterlife. That's kind of owning them since other gods won't have access to your arterlife unless you let them or they force their way in.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: January 17, 2016, 03:17:37 pm »

Yeah you can't really claim dominion over a species.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: January 17, 2016, 03:20:52 pm »

Maybe, but that would probably be something to check before making the investment.

Its stealing follower's souls, including those made by any other God who feels like making a dragon (like say the other god of dragons...). Presumably most people don't like getting their follower's souls stolen by foreign Gods, and those follower's ancestors being created by the God doesn't really change that fact.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: January 17, 2016, 03:22:16 pm »

What if you made them in your image and they didn't care about other Deities? I really don't see what the big deal about The Stomach of Kuthulknoes is, at least it's original. Also, darkwarlok13, what exactly do you mean by 'Mindless Slaves' I'm kind of curious.

Maybe, but that would probably be something to check before making the investment.

Its stealing follower's souls, including those made by any other God who feels like making a dragon (like say the other god of dragons...). Presumably most people don't like getting their follower's souls stolen by foreign Gods, and those follower's ancestors being created by the God doesn't really change that fact.

I think it should be up to the Mortal myself.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: January 17, 2016, 03:23:20 pm »

The Great God of dragons!

What if you made them in your image and they didn't care about other Deities? I really don't see what the big deal about The Stomach of Kuthulknoes is, at least it's original. Also, darkwarlok13, what exactly do you mean by 'Mindless Slaves' I'm kind of curious.

I think it should be up to the Mortal myself.
I doubt you would get worship from them.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: January 17, 2016, 03:26:45 pm »

What if you made them in your image and they didn't care about other Deities? I really don't see what the big deal about The Stomach of Kuthulknoes is, at least it's original. Also, darkwarlock3, what exactly do you mean by 'Mindless Slaves' I'm kind of curious.
I mean that I am planing on creating a slave race that is basically mindless, and having the souls that get trapped in my web converted into them... eventually.
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 71