Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Scale worship output by race cost? (changes will be applied retroactively)

No (flat 0.3E/T/u, break-even times 3T, 5T, 8T, 13T, 19T) (pro: Balances T4-based agents, contra: Takes forever to break even)
- 6 (33.3%)
Yes (1/3 creation cost/T, break-even times 3T, 3T, 3T, 3T, 3T) (pro: 3x break-even ratio preserved, contra: Low-tier races useless)
- 2 (11.1%)
Yes ((tier + 1)/3, break-even times 3T, 6T, 8T, 10T, 12T) (pro: Maximizes above two's strengths? contra: Maximizes above two's weaknesses?)
- 9 (50%)
Yes (other scale posted in thread)
- 1 (5.6%)
Yes (another scale posted in thread)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 71

Author Topic: Ye Gods Lite OOC [Open]  (Read 72529 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods Lite OOC [Open]
« Reply #435 on: January 17, 2016, 02:27:16 am »

Wait, novel or novella? What's the order of magnitude of the word count? Hundreds of words? Thousands? Tens of thousands? Hundreds of thousands?

I know Old Man Henderson had his player accidentally create the Necronomicon while writing his backstory, but I never thought someone I knew would do something like that, especially for something as small as a forum game and just for fun, rather than revenge.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: January 17, 2016, 02:34:01 am »

It was for ER and i took like a year to make it so I'd say a short novel maybe 60-120 pages it's basically tons of backstory and guidance for my character plus world knowledge it also shows perspective of her parents the magister who i actually planned to be my original character but i hated him so much that i made him a villan.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: January 17, 2016, 03:02:03 am »

Jeezus.

I didn't realize Phonoi was gonna be another semi-genocidal god. I should've guessed, really, but...he seemed so cheerful!

Oh well. Just means it'll be that much more...Fun.
The train tracks made of guns and swords didn't clue you in?
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #438 on: January 17, 2016, 06:12:57 am »

All:
        Making traits: Please don't send me bunches of traits or stick new, unregistered ones onto creations willy-nilly. This will slow things down because many YG2 traits are redundant or outside the scope of the mechanics or because some are incredibly hard to balance. Most of the traits requested have not been added yet for these reasons.
        Random Edges/Hindrances: Please be sure to list the pool to draw from or I, in a fit of bemused annoyance, may end up handing out Void corruption ones.
        The Vow Hindrance seems to be frequently used here as a source for points (in the Major form too, no less!). I probably already sent this out a few times, but here is the main book's description:
Quote from: SW core rulebook
The character has a vow of some sort. Whether it’s Major or Minor depends on the Vow itself. Some may have Vows to particular orders or causes, to the Hippocratic Oath, to rid the world of evil, and so on. The danger in fulfilling the Vow and how often it might occur determines the level of the Hindrance. Whatever the Vow, it’s only a Hindrance if it actually comes into play from time to time and causes the character some discomfort.
        YGL interpretation: Hindrance-level Vows are things most people would consider inconvenient or risky to keep and may tend to breed resentment to the cause of the Vow. Also, in a world of literal genie god game GMs, they are delicious morsels marinated a year and a day in the finest irony sauce. (The same goes for many other positive Hindrances: Why would they be imported as Hindrances unless they hindered?)

Andres: Moving attribute descriptions to races/agents section: Isn't the list of the attributes (Ag, St, Sm, Sp, Vi) already in the races/agents post?
        Single sphere advantage: Yes, but it's trickier to balance that part (hence why only one sphere-specific power's come out so far). Sphere-specific traits will probably roll out along with T2 (which itself will probably roll out in a few hours)
        Sphere discounts: When a sphere is judged to apply, the price is multiplied by a flat 90%

piratejoe: Yama: Note that the vow and code should probably be specified (along with which of disease or poison immunity is present, unless it's randomized)

Spoiler: Demonic Spoon (click to show/hide)
Added, no need to wait, you're on the workqueue

Demonic Spoon:
        Martial Arts and natural weapons: The book seems to indicate that it mostly removes the normal penalty for fighting unarmed. I interpret it as having no effect on natural weapons (both of which are affected by the Fighting skill)
        Protection: Added as a 3-point and a 2-point trait along the same lines as Defense+3 and Dodge but acting as natural armor
        Larger creatures: Size traits section added to OOC, not yet added to Toolbox stuff

Detoxicated: Eh, as long as it's sane (<10-20 animal species per person per Tick) and won't affect fights, I'll just say 0A

Ama: Humans: Unless you're giving them a random Novice Edge (which is not recommended because I don't have a good way to roll one), it would have to be specified
        Gadgeteer: It's fine, but Gadgeteer would probably work fine as fluff for races

$$$Response
        Andres: Fruitful+X traits: They've been left out in favor of the population unit system. There may be some way to approximate true population from flavor descriptions and current populations later, but for now, this is the system in place.

AbstractTraitorHero: Looks about right

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: January 17, 2016, 06:26:30 am »

KJP, is there any way I can pump more essence/action points into a race's creation to give them more traits?

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: January 17, 2016, 06:35:34 am »

So wait, gadgeteer is useless in YG? I may need to edit my race then.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: January 17, 2016, 06:37:15 am »

So wait, gadgeteer is useless in YG? I may need to edit my race then.
The edge is pretty niche use from what I recall yes. You probably want a weird science skill up instead.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: January 17, 2016, 10:13:41 am »

KJP, is there any way I can pump more essence/action points into a race's creation to give them more traits?

Are you talking about modifying them? That is 1A+1E minimum. If your talking about "Using +10 points effectively having a Tier 5 creation" then probably not. 
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: January 17, 2016, 02:01:15 pm »

I'm impressed. On the brink of war already on tick 1! And the planets haven't even been made yet!
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: January 17, 2016, 02:03:52 pm »

I'm impressed. On the brink of war already on tick 1! And the planets haven't even been made yet!
A new record! Spider god is begging for it though, really should have done that as a secret action the silly gal.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: January 17, 2016, 02:08:35 pm »

A new record! Spider god is begging for it though, really should have done that as a secret action the silly gal.
Depends on how you look at it, if I had made it as a secret action I would never have remembered that it was secret IRL.
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: January 17, 2016, 02:11:27 pm »

Depends on how you look at it, if I had made it as a secret action I would never have remembered that it was secret IRL.
Doesn't really mean anything. You might accidentally let slip you have an afterlife, not necessarily that it was a cruel trap for torture and enslavement :P
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: January 17, 2016, 02:13:07 pm »

Doesn't really mean anything. You might accidentally let slip you have an afterlife, not necessarily that it was a cruel trap for torture and enslavement :P
Until player (X) Went to find out where that race they made that didn't follow anyone was disappearing into...
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: January 17, 2016, 02:16:02 pm »

Until player (X) Went to find out where that race they made that didn't follow anyone was disappearing into...

Well you can't expect secret actions to be secret forever if they involve another player. That's part of the fun though.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: January 17, 2016, 02:29:44 pm »

On the other hand, what happens when multiple afterlives all compete for non-worshippers?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 71