Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Scale worship output by race cost? (changes will be applied retroactively)

No (flat 0.3E/T/u, break-even times 3T, 5T, 8T, 13T, 19T) (pro: Balances T4-based agents, contra: Takes forever to break even)
- 6 (33.3%)
Yes (1/3 creation cost/T, break-even times 3T, 3T, 3T, 3T, 3T) (pro: 3x break-even ratio preserved, contra: Low-tier races useless)
- 2 (11.1%)
Yes ((tier + 1)/3, break-even times 3T, 6T, 8T, 10T, 12T) (pro: Maximizes above two's strengths? contra: Maximizes above two's weaknesses?)
- 9 (50%)
Yes (other scale posted in thread)
- 1 (5.6%)
Yes (another scale posted in thread)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 71

Author Topic: Ye Gods Lite OOC [Open]  (Read 72533 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods Lite OOC [Open]
« Reply #390 on: January 16, 2016, 03:45:27 pm »

Yep, I know what I am making for my first race...
Spoiler: Gnomes (click to show/hide)

So, Consider the name Claimed!
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: January 16, 2016, 03:59:26 pm »

I'm thinking of making wisps.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: January 16, 2016, 04:04:59 pm »

Heh, Dvergr, now that's an ironic name. Possibly in the same way Berserkr isn't really accurate.
Where Dvergir are just underground humans (same height).
While Berserkir are just people with bear shirts (sometimes just called Champions, as that's pretty much their role).
Anyway, getting off track.

I'm pretty sure everyone tries to make a spin on the generic races. Except Humans, because they're Humans.
And I kinda prefer humans to be standard, as they're what we're going to compare everything to anyway.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: January 16, 2016, 04:15:00 pm »

Sphere abilities. As in, the thing that KJP PMed you and said was your sphere ability.
Thanks for clearing that up.

2. You made up a lot of traits. Protection+1 doesn't exist, nor does Fruitful.
Making traits is allowed and Protection-X exists so Protection+X must also exist.

3. If the mechanics don't make you regret giving every race you make a vow to you, I certainly will  ::). It is a hindrance, not a benefit. You should remember that.
A hindrance to whom? That is the question. The races cannot expand and thrive if doing so goes against my will. That is certainly a hindrance, just for them, not for me. Of course, everything is in deference to KJP. It's why I posted the sheet on OOC first - to make sure everything's ok..

*High fives* Nicely done. Just in the nick of time too! That one Andres had plan didn't even have a proper skill or edge...
That was intentional. Like many tabletop RPGs (D&D, SW, etc.), Humans get a free trait/perk upon character creation. In this case, they receive their Edge/Skill either at birth or as they develop. If that's too much of a strain on KJP's bookkeeping, I'll simply go back and change it.

And now that I know Andres is planning The Most Stereotypical Dwarf/Elves ever, it is my duty to use them.
How tragic, I created the Most Sterotypical Dwarves/Elves Ever so the abominations creations you gave their names to couldn't be used. Now I've put too much effort in designing them to simply not use them. Truly we are damned by the universe to clash in this cosmic duel of fate. Hopefully I can find more unique names for Dwarves/Elves/Humans to differentiate between the current Humans and your Dwarves/Elves (if you actually end up making them).

I'm pretty sure everyone tries to make a spin on the generic races. Except Humans, because they're Humans.
And I kinda prefer humans to be standard, as they're what we're going to compare everything to anyway.
Exactly!
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: January 16, 2016, 04:26:02 pm »

Eh, let's put up another race in here.
Spoiler: Unnamed Creatures (click to show/hide)
I'm kinda planning to use them immediately.

Edit: Also, this is kinda the laziest blacksmith race to ever be made. Even the dwarves are more imaginative than Demon Vulcan.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 04:32:27 pm by Happy Demon »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: January 16, 2016, 04:38:13 pm »

Heh, Dvergr, now that's an ironic name. Possibly in the same way Berserkr isn't really accurate.
Where Dvergir are just underground humans (same height).
While Berserkir are just people with bear shirts (sometimes just called Champions, as that's pretty much their role).
Anyway, getting off track.

Legends evolve all the time, its what they do. Andre's sheet really didn't put any new spin on it.

Making traits is allowed and Protection-X exists so Protection+X must also exist.

Not necessarily, and it wouldn't necessarily be priced in the same way if that was the case.

A hindrance to whom? That is the question. The races cannot expand and thrive if doing so goes against my will. That is certainly a hindrance, just for them, not for me. Of course, everything is in deference to KJP. It's why I posted the sheet on OOC first - to make sure everything's ok..

To you. The player. That is what hindrances are for. There is absolutely no reason there would be something that benefits you wile making it cheaper, and if there was it would be even more annoying that you are giving it to all your creations.

That was intentional. Like many tabletop RPGs (D&D, SW, etc.), Humans get a free trait/perk upon character creation. In this case, they receive their Edge/Skill either at birth or as they develop. If that's too much of a strain on KJP's bookkeeping, I'll simply go back and change it.

Wow. Your lazyness increased from "I'll just make humans as always!" to "Ill just make all my traits *Insert trait here*". That aside, you should probably put an actual trait  ::).

How tragic, I created the Most Sterotypical Dwarves/Elves Ever so the abominations creations you gave their names to couldn't be used. Now I've put too much effort in designing them to simply not use them. Truly we are damned by the universe to clash in this cosmic duel of fate. Hopefully I can find more unique names for Dwarves/Elves/Humans to differentiate between the current Humans and your Dwarves/Elves (if you actually end up making them).

Your effort bar is super low. For one of them you literally just put down the DF description and said "Oh, and they all get random traits/edges so I dun gotta do them.", the rest are hardly intellectually exhausting to come up with.

Oh well, I guess I will just have to murder all your creations again  ::).

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: January 16, 2016, 04:42:53 pm »

Okay, new creature times:

Spoiler: Kikna (click to show/hide)

Not sure about the Extremophile +2 trait, basically just assumed ('cause we like those, right?) that if +1 was 1pt, +2 would be 2pts.

Happy to change it if there are issues!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: terrible game, nothing to see here
« Reply #397 on: January 16, 2016, 04:46:38 pm »

The descriptions for traits hint at the mechanics of the traits. The exact appearance of the traits (within reason) is left up to the player. Interpolation/extrapolation for traits with + or - sizes is unsupported at this time.

Andres.

Emphasis mine.

It also says 'request'. Not 'make your own'.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: January 16, 2016, 04:50:16 pm »

I guess that means my things aren't gonna work as they are. Ah well.

Spoiler: Kikna - Revised (click to show/hide)
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: January 16, 2016, 04:51:29 pm »

$Price check
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 05:14:05 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: January 16, 2016, 04:54:32 pm »

Tier-2 things cost 3E/unit. I also think you have 1 more point to spend on traits, as I'm not sure sentience or speech cost anything.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: January 16, 2016, 04:59:33 pm »

There!

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: January 16, 2016, 05:05:58 pm »

I'm curious how Seija will react to Hevin setting up shop in her afterlife.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: January 16, 2016, 05:10:01 pm »

$Price check
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now I think you have one point too many :o

Flight costs 2pts, so you need to either add a hindrance or remove one of the other things.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: January 16, 2016, 05:14:35 pm »

Gave it a weakness to pressure.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 71