Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Scale worship output by race cost? (changes will be applied retroactively)

No (flat 0.3E/T/u, break-even times 3T, 5T, 8T, 13T, 19T) (pro: Balances T4-based agents, contra: Takes forever to break even)
- 6 (33.3%)
Yes (1/3 creation cost/T, break-even times 3T, 3T, 3T, 3T, 3T) (pro: 3x break-even ratio preserved, contra: Low-tier races useless)
- 2 (11.1%)
Yes ((tier + 1)/3, break-even times 3T, 6T, 8T, 10T, 12T) (pro: Maximizes above two's strengths? contra: Maximizes above two's weaknesses?)
- 9 (50%)
Yes (other scale posted in thread)
- 1 (5.6%)
Yes (another scale posted in thread)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 71

Author Topic: Ye Gods Lite OOC [Open]  (Read 72562 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods Lite OOC [Open]
« Reply #315 on: January 14, 2016, 10:46:33 pm »

Will you stop bothering KJP with "What if" posts? This is like your fifth one.
I'd like to know if my 100 metre tall 20E Super Saiyan dragon angel that can fly at 1000 km/h is usable in space or if it would cost too much Flux to propel it around at its usual speed. It's a bit important.

EDIT: Less sarcastically, I should know how many agents I can field in void battles. I can't rely on overwhelming force if it costs too much energy to do so and I need to know where the limit is.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 10:52:13 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: January 14, 2016, 10:50:12 pm »

Will you stop bothering KJP with "What if" posts? This is like your fifth one.
I'd like to know if my 100 metre tall 20E Super Saiyan dragon angel that can fly at 1000 km/h is usable in space or if it would cost too much Flux to propel it around at its usual speed. It's a bit important.

If that is what you want to ask, then just ask that. You asked multiple questions not related to that at all. For the record, you could probably just give him a magical item making him able to fly through space as easily as atmosphere. And 20E buys you a Henrietta class Angel who can't do either of those things.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 14, 2016, 10:50:34 pm »

I edited my previous post.

EDIT:
For the record, you could probably just give him a magical item making him able to fly through space as easily as atmosphere.
That's a 6.25E item (flying+environmental immunity) for something that would cost less Flux.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 10:53:47 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 14, 2016, 11:00:41 pm »

Again, if that is what you wanted, just ask that. Why would we be getting into Void battles outside of atmospheres? Its an absurd situation to prepare for anyway. If for some reason two sides have soldiers in the Void, who are unable to breath, everyone would just be better off moving the fight planetside. It makes about as much sense as planning for the day when you betray yourself, knowing that you know every move you will make.

Aside from that, Flux is temporary the magic item is permanent. If you are planning for a fight, you would need as much Flux as possible. If you are getting into multiple space battles for some odd reason, then it is a worthy investment.

UristmcLibash

• Bay Watcher
  • Gaurding guard is guarding
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: January 14, 2016, 11:07:54 pm »

PTW
Eh,ye want a sig text from me? Well to bad.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 14, 2016, 11:45:34 pm »

*smiles wickedly*

Hmmm...KJP, for basic questions it's better to ask in here, I'm guessing?

So how do Souls work, as far as everyone knows thus far? As in, do Souls exist as discrete entities? Is there a particular reason to imbue a race with one? Is there a particular reason not to? Can a race be made to not care about the condition of it's soul, or find souls actively harmful to it(anti-soul :P like antimatter only the explosions are made of sadness? :P)?

I have noticed Stirk likes to lead up with a whopper of an agent and try to wait out until he can get followers/swipe some. Not much swiping I've noticed, but knowing Stirk...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 14, 2016, 11:53:58 pm »

According to Yahoo Answers (more official sources only site world records), the average human sprint speed is 15 mph. That means RL humans have Speed-1. The authors of Savage World aren't secretly elves, are they?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 15, 2016, 12:06:25 am »

That's the average, Andres.

Not the Max.

Max is 25-30.

The traits are talking about the max. And average includes a lot of non-athletes, to boot.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: January 15, 2016, 12:08:36 am »

Spoiler: The Librarium Xerxes (click to show/hide)

Best to start before it gets too crazy too track.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 11:03:20 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: January 15, 2016, 12:10:11 am »

*smiles wickedly*

I have noticed Stirk likes to lead up with a whopper of an agent and try to wait out until he can get followers/swipe some. Not much swiping I've noticed, but knowing Stirk...

Hey, I like being the most armed guy in the room. It would feel weird to have a source of income but no firepower. Besides, we seem to be using an experience mechanism now, meaning I have a reason to get them out the door early. Why would I bother swiping your inferior (and probably secret) followers when mine are obviously far superior?

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #325 on: January 15, 2016, 12:20:22 am »

Andres: Keeping agents alive in space: Eh, let's start with 0.25F/agent/(tier + 1)/T (time for another spoiler on the Trimmed Tome, I suppose)
        Flux vs. magic items: Flux cannotnot possibly be useful for on-the-spot on-site things after all, right? :P
        Sprinting: The authors of Savage Worlds were also not guilty of setting an average sprint speed at a fairly convenient number. Remember how Humans are weird multi-casted highly-dimorphic three-legged beings here?

Rolepgeek: Basic questions: I'd (soft-)recommend questions in general, but yes.
        Souls: Such a thorny recurring question! For now, they are, by GM fiat, present in all things designated as "agents" or "races" and even some unethical things designated as "magic items." This, of course, excludes typical flora and fauna until they get turned into one of the previously mentioned classes. Since it would be annoying to make an unbroken system for doing so (that would not immediately be poked and tried and stretched), they cannot be consumed for godly energy at the moment.

micelus: Linking now

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: January 15, 2016, 12:22:27 am »

Something I don't get about agents: how do you determine base attributes? Does d4 mean an agent starts with 4 in each stat or do i roll a 4d for stats?
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #327 on: January 15, 2016, 12:22:59 am »

They are all d4s

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 15, 2016, 12:23:47 am »

Something I don't get about agents: how do you determine base attributes?

You use the Savage World template. Everything starts at D4 and you kick up the dice one tier per point from there. Its in the rulebook in the OP^.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: January 15, 2016, 12:24:22 am »

Yeah but are those dice I roll or is everything starting at 4?
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 71