Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Scale worship output by race cost? (changes will be applied retroactively)

No (flat 0.3E/T/u, break-even times 3T, 5T, 8T, 13T, 19T) (pro: Balances T4-based agents, contra: Takes forever to break even)
- 6 (33.3%)
Yes (1/3 creation cost/T, break-even times 3T, 3T, 3T, 3T, 3T) (pro: 3x break-even ratio preserved, contra: Low-tier races useless)
- 2 (11.1%)
Yes ((tier + 1)/3, break-even times 3T, 6T, 8T, 10T, 12T) (pro: Maximizes above two's strengths? contra: Maximizes above two's weaknesses?)
- 9 (50%)
Yes (other scale posted in thread)
- 1 (5.6%)
Yes (another scale posted in thread)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 71

Author Topic: Ye Gods Lite OOC [Open]  (Read 72654 times)

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods Lite OOC [Open]
« Reply #240 on: January 14, 2016, 05:27:17 pm »

I wonder if i will be accepted into this...I am apparently on the list so i guess i am.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #241 on: January 14, 2016, 05:32:40 pm »

darkwarlock3: In any case, abide by the forum rules and all will be fine (most likely)

Rolepgeek: Hidden votes: Care to visiblify?

Spoiler: piratejoe (click to show/hide)
Added

Spoiler: Rambly musings (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bets (click to show/hide)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 14, 2016, 05:35:06 pm »

The Humans where universally as vanilla as possible and caused by Andres
The Humans in YG2 could naturally do fire magic and were 30cm (1 yard) taller on average than real life humans.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 14, 2016, 05:37:51 pm »

So i guess i can join now?
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 14, 2016, 05:39:09 pm »

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 14, 2016, 06:14:52 pm »

$$$
A magic system.
Gifting technology too advanced for the  current tech age. I.e, computers in the bronze age.
Gifting technology too advanced for the current age but flavouring it in such a way that its availability makes sense. I.e extremely basic gunpowder weapons due to a chemistry tradition and a history of wars with the northern barbarians....in the stone age.

Question: 1pop. worth of humans is 1.2 right? This is the average of the 3 castes' cost per pop.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 07:44:10 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 14, 2016, 06:17:35 pm »

$$$
A magic system.
Gifting technology too advanced for the  current tech age. I.e, paper in the bronze age.
Gifting technology too advanced for the current age but flavouring it in such a way that its availability makes sense. I.e extremely basic gunpowder weapons due to a chemistry tradition and a history of wars with the northern barbarians.
Pricecheck for opposing any such attempts (execution is hard when everyone has a gun).
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 14, 2016, 06:20:23 pm »

Including the magic system? Also I was referring to weapons such as fire lances, which would be quite difficult to carry around.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 14, 2016, 06:25:40 pm »

Including the magic system? Also I was referring to weapons such as fire lances, which would be quite difficult to carry around.
It's a slippery slope, because someone will try to innovate on them, making personal firearms.
And then it just turns into the wild west, and I don't join fantasy games to play a western.

The concept of the firelances isn't all bad, it's just that it could slingshot the weapons into the musket era. And I hate the musket era (let's stand straight and shoot at each other, literally the worst thing to do when being fired upon).

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 14, 2016, 06:27:54 pm »

Yes, my god is incredibly naïve. He has plenty of time to break.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 14, 2016, 06:37:31 pm »

This may sound dumb but what exactly do you do for making races and such and how do they apply in the game.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 14, 2016, 06:42:27 pm »

To be fair, introducing actual firearms almost always drastically changes the world, especially when we are starting out in the Iron Age. You would probably be better off just using Magitech-nobody cares if magic shoots fire and lead out of a stick after all :p.

It's a slippery slope, because someone will try to innovate on them, making personal firearms.
And then it just turns into the wild west, and I don't join fantasy games to play a western.

The concept of the firelances isn't all bad, it's just that it could slingshot the weapons into the musket era. And I hate the musket era (let's stand straight and shoot at each other, literally the worst thing to do when being fired upon).

Technically, we can choose what genre it is. And the musket era is pretty fun! That is a pretty simplistic view of the linear tactics used. They did have skirmishers who used cover and such as modern tactics dictate, but they are generally vulnerably to cavalry and easily lose ground to the advancing lines. And that ignores all the other units, such as artillery and cavalry, who didn't stand in lines to get shot at :p. They do call them Napoleonic tactics for a reason, and he is known as a military genius for a reason.

This may sound dumb but what exactly do you do for making races and such and how do they apply in the game.

We have a race making tool, thanks to KJP's coding skills. Basically describe the race that you want. Then choose the tier (Prices in the Book) that you want, and then choose traits to fill up the amount of points you get. Then you are done! The Elves and Dwarves you complained about earlier are two examples :p.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 14, 2016, 06:48:49 pm »

To be fair, introducing actual firearms almost always drastically changes the world, especially when we are starting out in the Iron Age. You would probably be better off just using Magitech-nobody cares if magic shoots fire and lead out of a stick after all :p.

Ya, fair enough. Still if we had magic sticks with the exact same availability and power as guns, there isn't really much of a difference. Hell, I could just straight up call them guns.

EDIT: rudimentry gunpowder weaponry is just one tech level up. Very interesting.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 06:59:11 pm by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #253 on: January 14, 2016, 06:55:24 pm »

2 appeals for ability changes allowed on the current sphere ability-distribution

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 14, 2016, 06:58:47 pm »

Ya, fair enough. Still, gunpow Although, if we had magic sticks with the exact same availability and power as guns, there isn't really much of a difference. Hell, I could just straight up call them guns.

EDIT: rudimentry gunpowder weaponry is just one tech level up. Very interesting.
If guns happen, heads will roll.

Because Hevin will get choppy with the axe.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 71