Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Scale worship output by race cost? (changes will be applied retroactively)

No (flat 0.3E/T/u, break-even times 3T, 5T, 8T, 13T, 19T) (pro: Balances T4-based agents, contra: Takes forever to break even)
- 6 (33.3%)
Yes (1/3 creation cost/T, break-even times 3T, 3T, 3T, 3T, 3T) (pro: 3x break-even ratio preserved, contra: Low-tier races useless)
- 2 (11.1%)
Yes ((tier + 1)/3, break-even times 3T, 6T, 8T, 10T, 12T) (pro: Maximizes above two's strengths? contra: Maximizes above two's weaknesses?)
- 9 (50%)
Yes (other scale posted in thread)
- 1 (5.6%)
Yes (another scale posted in thread)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 71

Author Topic: Ye Gods Lite OOC [Open]  (Read 72482 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods Lite OOC [Open]
« Reply #360 on: January 16, 2016, 02:40:58 am »

Anti-Generic Humans plan initiated.
O_O W-what?

EDIT: Ah, I see you decided to make your own Humans. They're quite interesting.

EDIT2:
Description/Background: To be prepared for what is to come is Nergu's goal...but for whom does he prepare for? Only Nergu knows.
So was Eid the one he was preparing for? :P
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 03:03:58 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: January 16, 2016, 04:55:00 am »

I realized i should read that one rulebook,expect my races to be updated....
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: January 16, 2016, 05:00:43 am »

Just be sure to link back to them when you're done.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: January 16, 2016, 05:11:52 am »

*Looks up at poll* This will be interesting. I voted for stone age because I thought it would be different.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: January 16, 2016, 05:13:33 am »

* Meow cackles~

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: January 16, 2016, 05:17:52 am »

How exactly do i do that?You mean just going back to them and fixing them right? Welp,im dumb also i worked on them they should be better now.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 05:36:03 am by piratejoe »
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: January 16, 2016, 05:19:29 am »

O_O W-what?
Not anti generic humans plan,more like Trololo screw you guys who want some classics plan,besides if everyone is special then no one is.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 05:24:37 am by piratejoe »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: January 16, 2016, 05:55:43 am »

How exactly do i do that?You mean just going back to them and fixing them right? Welp,im dumb also i worked on them they should be better now.
I meant posting a link to the descriptions when you're done.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #368 on: January 16, 2016, 07:50:32 am »

Spoiler: Protorum, The First (click to show/hide)

It seems that I can't figure out the agent creation rules.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: January 16, 2016, 07:55:57 am »

Oh hello there. I managed to notice this one earlier at least.

Elves

These creatures are often bestial, both in nature and appearance. Their head resembles that of a dog, with as much variety as their are dog species
Nitpick: Dog's are all the same species, since they can interbreed. I believe you meant breeds of dog (of which there are over 400 recognized pure breeds from a quick wikisearch.)

Character application! Question: Do I need to wait for sphere assignment before beginning play?

Spoiler: Demonic Spoon (click to show/hide)

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: January 16, 2016, 07:57:47 am »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: January 16, 2016, 09:25:40 am »

Question: How does Martial Arts interact with natural weapons?
Question 2: Protection Trait? (Scales providing armour bonus basically)
Question 3: Larger Creatures how?
Question 4: How does editing races work? Could I add more positive traits that way?

Tier 4 Dragons:

Dragons are all deluded that they are the one True Drakan reborn and are otherwise a mess psychologically, driven by the urge to proclaim their accomplishments warring with their cautiousness. They also tend to enjoy lording over others, and tend to do so either economically or through conquest. Also racial obesity? And they're all nobles and filthy rich of course. Dragons gotta have their hierarchies and hoards. Competition between different dragons is near constant, but usually tends to be intrigue through pawns and minions, with only the rare bloody(and often lethal) direct duel between dragons. Shitty summary that will be done better when I actually make them.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 11:23:40 am by Demonic Spoon »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: January 16, 2016, 09:33:24 am »

O_O W-what?
Not anti generic humans plan,more like Trololo screw you guys who want some classics plan,besides if everyone is special then no one is.

And thats a good thing. Force people to make unique cultures to such a level that nothing is unique. Besides, is there anything wrong with not going with the same old again and again?

Of course, there's nothing wrong with going with the tried-and-true, its just that I created humans first. Ergo, non-generic humies this time around :D.

O_O W-what?

EDIT: Ah, I see you decided to make your own Humans. They're quite interesting.

EDIT2:
Description/Background: To be prepared for what is to come is Nergu's goal...but for whom does he prepare for? Only Nergu knows.
So was Eid the one he was preparing for? :P

Oh noes you've discovered my secret D:
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: January 16, 2016, 09:56:39 am »

KJP has said in the past that dual sphere abilities are weaker than those of single-spheres.
So they only give 95% discounts or what?

In other news, I finally finished up a few races I'm gonna make. The first one took a surprisingly long time to make (and I still need to give it more positive traits), the second one less but still quite a bit, and the last I finished in about a couple of minutes.
Spoiler: Dwarves (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elves (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Humans (click to show/hide)

Sphere abilities. As in, the thing that KJP PMed you and said was your sphere ability.

1. Already taken. Reposting!

Spoiler: Elves (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwarves (click to show/hide)

So if ya try to steal my name, I'll haveta kill'emall.

2. You made up a lot of traits. Protection+1 doesn't exist, nor does Fruitful.

3. If the mechanics don't make you regret giving every race you make a vow to you, I certainly will  ::). It is a hindrance, not a benefit. You should remember that.

*High fives* Nicely done. Just in the nick of time too! That one Andres had plan didn't even have a proper skill or edge...

* Meow cackles~
Shoo! *waves away* We can't have you taking over this thread like what happened in Litany!

O_O W-what?

'Classics' are overdone and boring. We had them on every other game, it is time for some change. What do you even mean by "If everyone is special than no one is"? It seems completely random. Are you saying that if everyone puts effort into creative, innovative, and not-completely-derivative works then somehow everything becomes derivative? Because that isn't how anything works. I really can't wrap my head around that statement.

Spoiler: Protorum, The First (click to show/hide)

It seems that I can't figure out the agent creation rules.

I tried to help you out last time, look below your first post from my comments.

Nitpick: Dog's are all the same species, since they can interbreed. I believe you meant breeds of dog (of which there are over 400 recognized pure breeds from a quick wikisearch.)

:$ Yeah, I usually don't make that mistake. Either that or I had actually meant "There is no variety"  :P. Correcting in the repost.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: January 16, 2016, 10:06:01 am »

Didn't you say something about elves and dwarves not being their final names?
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 71