Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Scale worship output by race cost? (changes will be applied retroactively)

No (flat 0.3E/T/u, break-even times 3T, 5T, 8T, 13T, 19T) (pro: Balances T4-based agents, contra: Takes forever to break even)
- 6 (33.3%)
Yes (1/3 creation cost/T, break-even times 3T, 3T, 3T, 3T, 3T) (pro: 3x break-even ratio preserved, contra: Low-tier races useless)
- 2 (11.1%)
Yes ((tier + 1)/3, break-even times 3T, 6T, 8T, 10T, 12T) (pro: Maximizes above two's strengths? contra: Maximizes above two's weaknesses?)
- 9 (50%)
Yes (other scale posted in thread)
- 1 (5.6%)
Yes (another scale posted in thread)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 71

Author Topic: Ye Gods Lite OOC [Open]  (Read 72508 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods Lite OOC [Open]
« Reply #345 on: January 15, 2016, 04:55:16 am »

I'm not sure we should be making races that can breed particularly quickly or that are long-lived.

I say this for two reasons:

1. Worship quality doesn't exist anymore, so it would be foolish for anyone to not have a breeds-like-a-rabbit-lives-like-as-long-as-a-turtle-esque race for income.

2. KJP having to perform different calculations for various races kinda defeats the point of this being a YG Lite :P
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: January 15, 2016, 05:32:04 am »

I'm not sure we should be making races that can breed particularly quickly or that are long-lived.

I say this for two reasons:

1. Worship quality doesn't exist anymore, so it would be foolish for anyone to not have a breeds-like-a-rabbit-lives-like-as-long-as-a-turtle-esque race for income.

2. KJP having to perform different calculations for various races kinda defeats the point of this being a YG Lite :P
But they'll also be more likely to end up in territorial disputes with the other rabbit breeding races.
And then you'll get on bad terms with the gods who your race attack, making it a risky investment.

Or heck, maybe they'll exterminate some of the other gods' races, and you're in deep s***. As that would warrant vengeful smiting.

Edit: Also it says something about the god when their creations are violent, breeding like rabbits, long lived jerks.
Basically, you're making Elves, and you know how people think of Elves in these parts.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 08:02:31 am by Happy Demon »
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #347 on: January 15, 2016, 07:06:34 am »

I've updated my magic system.

Spoiler: Proposal: (WIP) (click to show/hide)
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: January 15, 2016, 07:54:40 pm »

Aww.

I was hoping to do something on tick 0. :/ Just needed some more info. Oh well.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: January 15, 2016, 08:42:41 pm »

I made a second race for very important afterlife things.

Yama

Yama are the judges that reside in hell,they are able to see a souls past and judge them as ether good or evil and if they will stay in hell,go to the nether or go to heaven. There form is based on there ranking and more loosely on there personality but always has some kind of animal feature about them,there all assigned locations in the universe where the people who die there will be judged by them,usually the lower judges will have small locations such as cites or forests however higher judges will have larger regions such as county's or country's,the highest judges dealing with whole worlds. Souls who are reincarnated are given to higher judges each reincarnation,the more times this happens the higher chance they will go to hell as the judges with higher ranks are more strict then the ones with lower ranks,should a soul manage to stay the same way for long enough to be reincarnated so many times that they reach one of the ten high judges chances are there soul will be repurposed,as at this point they probably wont and wouldn't have changed.

Tier 4
(Resurrective) (Arcane background) (Mundane/Non magical Poison/Disease immune) (Dark vision) (Vow to ideina to provide rulings to the dead souls that enter) (Diehard) (Code of Honor to always be just in there sentences and rulings) (Cautious)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 05:47:12 pm by piratejoe »
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: January 15, 2016, 11:57:32 pm »

So is there a reason to go with one sphere instead of two in this game?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: January 16, 2016, 01:41:32 am »

KJP has said in the past that dual sphere abilities are weaker than those of single-spheres.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: January 16, 2016, 02:02:20 am »

...Unless that ability suits both spheres, in which case it is more powerful than if it was done with just one of them.

The bonus for aligned spheres depends on how well they align with the job being done. With two, one of the spheres often aligns poorly with the job, reducing power. This is quite similar to how narrower spheres are more powerful than broad ones. In both cases, the god is more specialized and more powerful in specific things, but less powerful elsewhere.

Example: creating a race of telepathic elephants:
  • Unaligned sphere, e.g. Jelly Rolls: expensive
  • Broadly aligned sphere, e.g. Animals or Mind: slightly cheaper
  • Narrowly aligned sphere and unaligned sphere, e.g. Animals and Jelly Rolls: slightly cheaper
  • Narrowly aligned sphere, e.g. Elephants or Telepathy: cheap
  • Two broadly aligned spheres, e.g. Animals and Mind: cheap
  • Two narrowly aligned spheres, e.g. Elephants and Telepathy: cheapest
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: January 16, 2016, 02:04:32 am »

Uh.

Actually, that is no longer the case, IcyTea.
Spheres
Excessively meta spheres such as "Gods," "Ichor," "Game Rules," or "Everything," will be rejected outright. Additionally, spheres now have more interesting, individual effects than boring discounts. To compensate, sphere discounts where they apply have been set at a flat, unstackable 90% (even where multiple gods cooperate).
micelus: In a way, yes. I consider diversity of options an advantage, so sphere-specific abilities for multi-sphere gods will be weakened a bit to compensate (and also to make up for potential monotony from having only one sphere).
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: January 16, 2016, 02:07:37 am »

Oh.

Well.

Carry on, then.

That quote does mention diversity of options as the advantage of dual spheres, though.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: January 16, 2016, 02:22:20 am »

KJP has said in the past that dual sphere abilities are weaker than those of single-spheres.
So they only give 95% discounts or what?

In other news, I finally finished up a few races I'm gonna make. The first one took a surprisingly long time to make (and I still need to give it more positive traits), the second one less but still quite a bit, and the last I finished in about a couple of minutes.
Spoiler: Dwarves (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elves (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Humans (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 06:36:26 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: January 16, 2016, 02:25:08 am »

Humans, Dwarves, and Elves are already claimed. Think of new names.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: January 16, 2016, 02:27:39 am »

Humans, Dwarves, and Elves are already claimed. Think of new names.
I'm not sure if that's a rule.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 02:31:12 am by Andres »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: January 16, 2016, 02:31:43 am »

People already made species with the names. Come up with new names.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: January 16, 2016, 02:37:45 am »

Anti-Generic Humans plan initiated.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 71