Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Apocalypse Pilot Academy [Mission 1: Operation Matchstick]  (Read 11164 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Apocalypse Pilot Academy [Starting!]
« Reply #75 on: February 07, 2016, 03:34:17 am »

Oscar too scribbled his own name with some flair of his own, with a clap, and strode off for his own tent quite pleased with himself.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 07, 2016, 03:41:07 am »

((Hey, you purposefully waited for Rodrigo to leave before voting, didn't you? :p What kind of democracy is this?))
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 08, 2016, 05:47:53 am »

((Hey, you purposefully waited for Rodrigo to leave before voting, didn't you? :p What kind of democracy is this?))
((Purposefully? :P I think he just needed time to find an ammo box.))

"I'm betting everyone's writing their own name, and we're missing someone," Jean mumbled to herself, though audible in the cold night air. Her thoughts followed suite in silence. Rodrigo wouldn't like this kind of voting when he didn't have a say in it, but moods affected thinking by a long-shot here. She could trust anyone by random denomination because the squad was a tightly picked group--or at least believe that any leader she flew with wouldn't intentionally get others killed. The voting wasn't meaningful by much, as everyone didn't know each other that well.

She writes down Walter's name, thinking that she could handle explaining it to Rodrigo or anyone miffed by the idea tomorrow and left the building.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 15, 2016, 02:10:25 pm »

((So, we all down for Walter being mission leader? Cheesecake, are you up to it?))
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 15, 2016, 06:15:42 pm »

((Yeah, I'm up for it. I didn't vote because Rodrigo already left :p ))
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 15, 2016, 10:08:54 pm »

((Let's do ittt))

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 16, 2016, 02:46:28 am »

(Don't care who is mission leader. Les do stuff)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 16, 2016, 08:40:23 am »

((I'm ready.))
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 24, 2016, 03:23:35 pm »

(Sorry this took so long, life got in the way)

MISSION BRIEFING

At 13:00 hours, Green Squadron will launch from the HMS Hermes off the coast of Cape York. They will fly South until they encounter the Northern edge of the Blight, which they will then attack. For this mission, their planes will be equipped with two experimental incendiary weapons:

Type I Cropduster Flamethrower: Modified from cropdusting technology, this system is designed to disperse fuel over a wide area, though for safety of the pilots, a secondary source of ignition is needed. Proper application will likely require making low swoops and passes, just like a cropduster. Uses a separate fuel source than the plane's engines.

Berlin "Firecracker" : This multi-stage incendiary bomb uses the initial explosion to scatter smaller payloads of white phosphorus and sticky fire over a wide area. Suggested use for igniting doused areas or against Blight Monsters. Each plane on this mission will carry one bomb.

Mission objective: To test these new incendiary weapons on the Blight. Command hopes that Green Squadron will be able to burn out at least a 2-mile swathe. In order for us to have data, though, we need people to return alive.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Apocalypse Pilot Academy [Mission 1: Operation Matchstick]
« Reply #84 on: February 26, 2016, 06:58:36 am »

((Hum...I'm assuming a bit of RP before we get into the aircraft :3))

Jean stood on the deck of the HMS Hermes, looking at the aircraft she would soon fly later on with the rest of her squad. Her thoughts dwelt on what she wrote. Firstly, she confused the names--or so she thought anyway. Nextly, she was uncertain as to the capabilities of the aircraft she was going to fly: Stories abound of the many times trained pilots had to go into aircraft which would soon be their flying coffins, and she wouldn't lie to herself that she was very nervous.

Checking the details, gliding and control of acceleration would be her concerns, though that didn't take into account what she may face on the field. She went to check on the rest if they were ready and up.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 26, 2016, 09:05:23 pm »

Rodrigo caught Jean checking up on the rest of the squad.

"I'm ready," he grunted.

He gave his aircraft, Salvador, a good pat. He was definitely nervous, though he hid it well with his scowl. He felt excitement too; he got to play with fire.
Dying of laughter?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 26, 2016, 09:17:22 pm »

Dalton would be looking the plane he was going to pilot over, and let out a impressed whistle as he climbs in.
"Fancy stuff. I wonder if it'll handle like a normal one.."
He would start going over what controls what in his head, making sure he did not grab the wrong lever or push the wrong button before they got out of the hanger.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 27, 2016, 02:57:53 pm »

Charles walked around his plane, rechecking it for the final time. Experience had taught him to ensure that his aircraft was working before he took off, a task made that much more important by the incendiaries that he was carrying. And then, of course, there was the Blight. That didn't help matters any. But he had made the choice to come here, and he wasn't going to back out of it now. Having thus reassured himself, he continued his walkabout, and, once he had satisfied that his plane was functioning, he turned and looked out over the ocean, waiting for the order to take off.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 06:58:11 am by Wolfhunter107 »
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 28, 2016, 12:02:25 am »

"A thousand people and more are counting on us," Jean said as she approached Rodrigo. "Thousands aboard this carrier, and even more on the mainlands in the Pacific and further west.

"Everyone else seems ready, and we're entering the battlefield fully blind on what to expect. What's on your mind? I can tell you're nervous too."

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 28, 2016, 08:17:13 am »

Rodrigo shied away, averting his gaze from Jean. He scowled harder. "It's nothing. Just a bit hungover is all." He turned to face her. "My dad always told me: nobody's ever ready. And you'll always be entering the battlefield blind, no matter how much you know."

He swallowed his throat. He spoke in a hushed whisper. "Maybe I'm just nervous of not living up to him," he said, more to himself.
Dying of laughter?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7