Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 25

Author Topic: Deep Infirmary: The boning begins again  (Read 52257 times)

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
Re: Deep Infirmary: Mr.Bone's Wild Ride
« Reply #135 on: January 27, 2016, 04:37:34 pm »

(("Idiotic of him..." ...says the ruddy red, fuzzy, plumpy, cat-like guy. Yeah! ;) ))
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 27, 2016, 04:51:40 pm »

He shaved.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 27, 2016, 05:26:23 pm »

"Damn... I take it his brain's not intact?"
I want to get off of MR. BONE'S WILD RIDE.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 27, 2016, 05:48:27 pm »

"He melted into formless lump, ran to sludge, and then evaporated. There's more to it, but I really don't want to talk about it right now."
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 05:51:14 am by Maegil »

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #139 on: January 28, 2016, 12:22:37 pm »

Arty stands for a good hard minute, shocked by the gruesomeness of what he just saw. Eventually, he gets Trier's gauss rifle, closes the door and heads back to the tram.
"I just saw Trier die in the most unimaginable way... please don't ask. Only, know that you should never, never inject yourselves with unknown stuff. I've got the datapad, let's just get out of here."
Take a seat, with elbows on the knees and both hands supporting the head; let the horror be internalized, for while it was the first time he saw something like that, from what he read on the reports it's not so uncommon either. Start reviewing what he knows about PTSD
His rifle, along with everything else on his person, went with him.

"Damn... I take it his brain's not intact?"
I want to get off of MR. BONE'S WILD RIDE.

The remaining three of you hobble back onto the tram and ride it all the way home. You're in the middle of dragging the crippled bastard off when you hear something. A screaming, as though from a great distance. The air in front of you shimmers, turns brownish, and then solidifies into a giant mound of sludge. The sludge settles, pooling out on the ground. Embedded in the center of the slowly spreading pile is Trier.

He's still screaming.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 28, 2016, 12:25:53 pm »

"Geez.  That stinks."
Eeewwwww.  Don't step in the sludge.  Or near the sludge.  Or over the sludge.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 01:51:43 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 28, 2016, 01:50:37 pm »

"Oh, that's disgusting! Well, it looks like Trier's back. We can get this poor sap to a shower, right?"
Help Trier out of using pimpcane. Try not to get near that sludge.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 02:33:48 pm by Zormod »

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 28, 2016, 02:31:59 pm »

Stop screaming and try to control the sludge in a way that will free me from it. If that doesn't work then just accept Zeks help.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 05:52:08 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 28, 2016, 05:10:18 pm »

Arty avoids mental damage by falling back to his scientific training; instead of freaking out, he observes carefully while taking mental notes.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #144 on: February 02, 2016, 11:12:31 am »

Stop screaming and try to control the sludge in a way that will free me from it. If that doesn't work then just accept Zeks help.
It does not seem to be controllable. It appears to just be a byproduct.
Arty avoids mental damage by falling back to his scientific training; instead of freaking out, he observes carefully while taking mental notes.
"Oh, that's disgusting! Well, it looks like Trier's back. We can get this poor sap to a shower, right?"
Help Trier out of using pimpcane. Try not to get near that sludge.
"Geez.  That stinks."
Eeewwwww.  Don't step in the sludge.  Or near the sludge.  Or over the sludge.

We're gonna assume he gets out of the puddle of sludge.

If you have anything you wanna turn in before we take the injured to the infirmary, now is the time.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 02, 2016, 12:04:59 pm »

"Right, I've got the datapad here, and these robots... Do you know what are they? Depending, I might want to keep them."

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 02, 2016, 03:54:02 pm »

"Right, I've got the datapad here, and these robots... Do you know what are they? Depending, I might want to keep them."
"I suggest selling the datapad and then we split the tokens between you, me, and Zek."

Trier attempts to recall what happened to him when he melted and vanished.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 06:02:29 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 02, 2016, 04:16:02 pm »

"Ahem?

Also, robots?

Ooh, robots!"

Robots.
Sigtext

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 02, 2016, 05:12:33 pm »

"Yeah, I think we gotta sell that datapad. I'd rather not have to worry about assassins coming after me on top of the universe ending and all that.  Is that a flamethrower?!"
Zek'thal will try to acquire the flamethrower and his share of the datapad tokens. Assist in identifying robots, if needed.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #149 on: February 04, 2016, 10:20:55 am »

They give you 5 tokens for the datapad, but tell you they have no use for the robots. They tell you that the robots are automated purge bots designed to incinerate organic material and clean up infected areas. The program to control them isn't available to them, but it should be back on the pc where you got them.

"I suggest selling the datapad and then we split the tokens between you, me, and Zek."

Trier attempts to recall what happened to him when he melted and vanished.
All you can remember is turning to goo one second and then appearing here the next. It was very odd.

"Ahem?

Also, robots?

Ooh, robots!"

Robots.

In lieu of a more coherent action, I interpret this as you aggressively doing the robot.

"Yeah, I think we gotta sell that datapad. I'd rather not have to worry about assassins coming after me on top of the universe ending and all that.  Is that a flamethrower?!"
Zek'thal will try to acquire the flamethrower and his share of the datapad tokens. Assist in identifying robots, if needed.
The flamethrower is a small one attached to said robot. It's not the sort of thing you can carry around as a weapon. At least not a very effective one.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 25