Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25

Author Topic: Deep Infirmary: The boning begins again  (Read 52232 times)

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
Re: Deep Infirmary: Mr.Bone's Wild Ride
« Reply #105 on: January 21, 2016, 02:41:29 am »

"I'm up for that plan. I'll need someone to lean on, though."
Move toward the hallway Trier is in, using the pimpcane as a cane.
"Here, let me help you... No, don't try to stand, really, don't. You've one leg left, and it's broken into several bits; at the very least I guarantee you'll fail, you'll probably also make it worse and end up fainting from the pain."
Arty helps Zek to a wall near the door, and uses his backpack as a reclining pillow.
"That should leave you somewhat more comfortable. Sorry for the lumpiness, I got a few little robots in there."
Look for, and give him his other leg. Crouch into a stabilizing posture and poise the weapon.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 03:10:15 am by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #106 on: January 21, 2016, 11:19:30 am »

"Oh, I'm alive. Okay, so the boottrap is explosive. Thank you for the medical attention, Arty. I owe you one."
Check my limbs. How hurt are they?
Move toward the hallway Trier is in, using the pimpcane as a cane. When I get there, morph cane to encase the creature.

Well lets see, you're missing one leg and the other is broken. So thats an end roll, even with a cane.
[6] Well then.
You practically spring up onto that one leg and limp over to where Trier is.

Now, you got this action to "Encase the creature"  However, if you guys go and reread the action where he gets injured, you'll see that Trier closes the door  as he falls back into the hall, effectively containing the creature. Doing your action would require opening that door. I'm pointing this out in case it wasn't clear. If you'd still like to do it, go ahead.

Trier recovering from his coughing fit groaned before speaking "Hey! Zaek I have a way to get the bastard that did this to me and it might net us some profit. Okay so behind that iced up door, there is an incredibly fast and pissed off razor octopus. I need you to take that pimp cane of yours and make a wall over the entrance. Then when I hit the button that opens the door you will slowly move your pimp-wall into the room so that it can’t slip out and slowly contract it into a sphere around the thing thus trapping so that we can either kill it or give it to R&D. While all this is happening, Dr. Arty and I will be standing with guns trained on the door to kill it if it does somehow slip around. So what do you say? Want to help a fellow ARM member out?"

Check my chest does it feel like I’m internally hemorrhaging or has it stopped? Regardless move to the side of the wall facing the door and wait for Zaek to do his thing.

You're...well you have a lung with a great big tear in it so coughing up blood, while not great is kinda to be expected. Still, best to move nice and carefully, limit any strain on the injury or the foam holding it closed.

"I'm up for that plan. I'll need someone to lean on, though."
Move toward the hallway Trier is in, using the pimpcane as a cane.
"Here, let me help you... No, don't try to stand, really, don't. You've one leg left, and it's broken into several bits; at the very least I guarantee you'll fail, you'll probably also make it worse and end up fainting from the pain."
Arty helps Zek to a wall near the door, and uses his backpack as a reclining pillow.
"That should leave you somewhat more comfortable. Sorry for the lumpiness, I got a few little robots in there."
Look for, and give him his other leg. Crouch into a stabilizing posture and poise the weapon.
You help get him set up near the door before going back to look for the other leg. You find....pieces of it. But unfortunately most of it has either been vaporized or reduced to the consistency of sloppy joe meat.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 21, 2016, 12:41:39 pm »

Arty shakes his head, saying: "sorry, Zek, I went to look for your leg, but there's not enough of it left to reimplant."
If the others continue with the plan, he'll fetch a piece of the door to use as a shield, stand by Zek, away from the door, crouching into a stabilizing posture and readying the weapon in the "diffuse" shotgun setting.
If not, ask Zek: "right, can you turn the cane into a gurney, or at least a stretcher... Or do you intend to pogo stick around?"

EDITED
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 04:01:20 pm by Maegil »

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 21, 2016, 02:45:00 pm »

"Oh. Well, I'm still alive at least. Mostly. Hey everybody, I'm about to open the door. Be ready, please."
Wait for everyone to get into position, and then open the door to encase the creature with the cane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 21, 2016, 02:49:58 pm »

Have a sturdy object between my vital bits and the door, if he can't be stopped by rational argument.  Have the medifoam ready in either case.

"You are MISSING A LEG, someone's ALMOST DIED TO THAT THING ALREADY, and YOU WANT TO CATCH IT?!  ARGH!  On your own head be it!"
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 21, 2016, 04:47:41 pm »

"Alright Zek, just to refresh everyones memory first you make a Pimpwall in front of the door before I open the door, it slides open so it should not be a problem. Then, when I open the door, you slowly move this wall forward gradually contracting it around the razor octopus until its trapped inside a sphere. Dr Arty and I will be kneeling near the door with guns trained ready to kill it if anything goes wrong."

Take my position by the door. Open it when everyone is in position and Zek has his pimpwall formed.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 05:00:15 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 21, 2016, 04:48:48 pm »

((I post from my phone and don't fail at language.  You can do that as well.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #112 on: January 22, 2016, 01:46:09 pm »

Arty shakes his head, saying: "sorry, Zek, I went to look for your leg, but there's not enough of it left to reimplant."
If the others continue with the plan, he'll fetch a piece of the door to use as a shield, stand by Zek, away from the door, crouching into a stabilizing posture and readying the weapon in the "diffuse" shotgun setting.
If not, ask Zek: "right, can you turn the cane into a gurney, or at least a stretcher... Or do you intend to pogo stick around?"

EDITED
You grab the nearest chunk of door and drag it over, propping it up against the wall. You crouch down behind it, peeking out just enough so that you can aim your weapon at the door.

Have a sturdy object between my vital bits and the door, if he can't be stopped by rational argument.  Have the medifoam ready in either case.

"You are MISSING A LEG, someone's ALMOST DIED TO THAT THING ALREADY, and YOU WANT TO CATCH IT?!  ARGH!  On your own head be it!"

You crouch down  behind the door your teammate very thoughtfully dragged over. You hope it is robust enough to stop whatever they're going to let out.

"Alright Zek, just to refresh everyones memory first you make a Pimpwall in front of the door before I open the door, it slides open so it should not be a problem. Then, when I open the door, you slowly move this wall forward gradually contracting it around the razor octopus until its trapped inside a sphere. Dr Arty and I will be kneeling near the door with guns trained ready to kill it if anything goes wrong."

Take my position by the door. Open it when everyone is in position and Zek has his pimpwall formed.
You take up position beside the door, leaning on the wall for support. As soon as everyone is into their positions you press the button to open the door.

"Oh. Well, I'm still alive at least. Mostly. Hey everybody, I'm about to open the door. Be ready, please."
Wait for everyone to get into position, and then open the door to encase the creature with the cane.
[exo 1]
Oh thats not good.
[dex 5]
Thats good though.

As the door opens you attempt to form your pimpcane into a wall of metal that can then engulf the beastie lurking in the room. However, your pimpcane goes soft and useless in hour hands, failing to impress anyone. The door opens with a billowing cloud of cold vapor and the iceopus comes skittering and slithering out like a spider on meth. As it crawls up and across the ceiling, heading down the hall back towards the tram, it attempts to stab you straight through the skull with one tentacle. But you see it coming and jerk your head to the side, just barely dodging the blow.

[Arty con:5]
As the creature skitters across the roof overhead, Arty swings his blaster rifle up and takes a snap shot at at it. The blaster rifle emits a loud "BZT" and the iceopus detonates into a spray of water and steam.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 22, 2016, 02:49:05 pm »

"Zek, please turn the cane into a gurney, if you can. I'll be right back. Guys, let's find whatever that thing is guarding, please cover me. Let's first make sure there aren't any more of those things."
With the rifle still in diffuse mode, verify if that thing is actually dead or if it's regenerating. If there's any activity, shoot it again immediately.
If it's really dead, methodically check the room for other guards. Finish checking before looking for data, medical supplies and equipment, and general loot.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 05:16:09 pm by Maegil »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 22, 2016, 03:29:22 pm »

Get.  Out.  Of.  Here.
Take the badly injured guy to the tram.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 05:28:03 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 22, 2016, 04:14:07 pm »

"Alright. I think I've had enough near death experiences for now, anyway. Just don't forget to loot the room for me."
Morph pimpcane into a gurney. Lay on gurney.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 22, 2016, 04:39:50 pm »

Trier impressed with this display of marksmanship was suddenly moved to say a phrase, a compliment, long forgotten from the days when he was young and would watch the family's troubleshooters exchange either compliments or insults after gunfights with the police. "Nice shooting Tex." He said to Arty and then laughed at his own joke.

Explore the rooms next to the former lair of the fearsome Iceopus destroyer of ribcages, and ignore Mycroft’s ever-increasing pleas to leave.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 22, 2016, 05:26:40 pm »

Arty says to Mycroft, "I would rather if you stayed awhile longer, but won't take it amiss if you take Zek to the tram station."
To Trier's private joke, he replies with a friendly "You'll have to tell me what's so funny over a drink someday... but not just now, please. Let's concentrate, I don't want to be killed for being distracted."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #118 on: January 26, 2016, 12:01:24 pm »

"Zek, please turn the cane into a gurney, if you can. I'll be right back. Guys, let's find whatever that thing is guarding, please cover me. Let's first make sure there aren't any more of those things."
With the rifle still in diffuse mode, verify if that thing is actually dead or if it's regenerating. If there's any activity, shoot it again immediately.
If it's really dead, methodically check the room for other guards. Finish checking before looking for data, medical supplies and equipment, and general loot.

Oh no, the thing is a puddle of warm water on the floor. If it's regenerating, it's doing a very bad job of it.

The room it was in is, as said before, small and seemingly completely empty. However, tucked into the corner where it used to be sitting is a datapad, frozen in a solid block of ice.

Get.  Out.  Of.  Here.
Take the badly injured guy to the tram.

"Alright. I think I've had enough near death experiences for now, anyway. Just don't forget to loot the room for me."
Morph pimpcane into a gurney. Lay on gurney.
You two both head back to the tram.

Trier impressed with this display of marksmanship was suddenly moved to say a phrase, a compliment, long forgotten from the days when he was young and would watch the family's troubleshooters exchange either compliments or insults after gunfights with the police. "Nice shooting Tex." He said to Arty and then laughed at his own joke.

Explore the rooms next to the former lair of the fearsome Iceopus destroyer of ribcages, and ignore Mycroft’s ever-increasing pleas to leave.
The room to the far left of the iceopus is a small closet with metal shelving built into the walls. It's completely empty, except for a single syringe sitting on the bottom, right hand shelf.

You grab it.

The room directly next to the iceopus room is locked and the keypad is flashing red.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 26, 2016, 01:06:49 pm »

Keep on the tram.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25