Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25

Author Topic: Deep Infirmary: The boning begins again  (Read 52221 times)

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
Re: Deep Infirmary: Mr.Bone's Wild Ride
« Reply #90 on: January 19, 2016, 10:15:29 am »

Arty quickly assesses Zak's situation: lacking coagulant boosters or even splints, there isn't much he can do for Zek without removing his suit - which, given the previous activities with quarantined corpses, might be worse than simply letting him die temporarily. For now, Arty decides to use his backpack's strap as a makeshift tourniquet on the missing leg, tightening it with the pimp cane.
Finally, he takes the weapon and leaves to look for the others to continue the triage. Finding Mycroft, Arty says "Mycroft, it's good to see you in one piece. Where's Trier? Did you see any medical supplies? Zek urgently needs coagulant boosters, or he might not last long; splints, plasma and a strong aerosol disinfectant would also be nice."

"Right, just put a layer of foam on the stump and loosen the tourniquet. I'll be back soon."
Arty goes to the next room. Smiling wanly at Trier, he says "Trier, you look like shit, man. Did you fix yourself up? Let me check those..."
Check Trier. "Looks good enough for now. I need some supplies, Zak's in a bad shape." Scavenge for supplies, grabbing anything that might look useful, specially look for the items listed above. If some coagulant booster is found, immediately go back to Zak and use it.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 11:57:41 am by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 19, 2016, 10:29:54 am »

"All I know I've got is some medifoam.  There's this cart back through there though."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 19, 2016, 10:37:23 am »

"Thanks. Do you mind watching over Zak while I check on Trier and look for supplies?"

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 19, 2016, 10:38:29 am »

"Don't expect me to medecine, although I can, like, press on stuff if you need it."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 19, 2016, 10:51:21 am »

"Right, just put a layer of foam on the stump and loosen the tourniquet. I'll be back soon."
Arty goes to the next room. Smiling wanly at Trier, he says "Trier, you look like shit, man. Did you fix yourself up? Let me check those..."
Check Trier. "Looks good enough for now. I need some supplies, Zak's in a bad shape." Scavenge for supplies, grabbing anything that might look useful, specially look for the items listed above. If some coagulant booster is found, immediately go back to Zak and use it.

(Consolidated above)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 11:55:09 am by Maegil »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 19, 2016, 11:39:49 am »

((CONSOLIDATE YOUR ACTIONS))

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 19, 2016, 11:50:34 am »

((Boy, you're too loud! Anyway, I got it, thanks.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 19, 2016, 11:51:22 am »

((Are you actually doing so?))
Sigtext

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #98 on: January 20, 2016, 02:27:13 pm »

"Well I guess I'm not running cross country any time soon. A well, it hurts less than that one time I got beaten by a sod in a high stakes game of poker. When I come to think of it, I can't actually remember why a sod was in our poker game but oh well his commander was drunk so that probably explains it. Also, Mycroft what are you talking about? We still have to loot things. "

Check the first door to the right of the iced up room. Resist being evacuated
Evacuate everyone to the tram ASAP.  Apply medifoam to the other guy if there's any left.Follow doctor's orders.  Which are to apply medifoam (and loosen the tourniquet).  Huh.
"All right, not dying before the universe does is probably a good idea.  We should get out of here."

Trier attempts to get up and head for another room. Mycroft grabs his arm and starts making a very strong argument for leaving. Trier yanks his arm away, grumbling something about finding loot.  As he pulls his arm free, something inside him shifts rather unpleasently and he spends the next minute or so leaning against the wall and coughing blood up inside his helmet. Mycroft stands there, staring for a few seconds before hurrying away to help with the other injured man.

Try to wake up.
You  wake up with a start, try to sit up and then immediately regret it as your injuries make themselves known.

Arty quickly assesses Zak's situation: lacking coagulant boosters or even splints, there isn't much he can do for Zek without removing his suit - which, given the previous activities with quarantined corpses, might be worse than simply letting him die temporarily. For now, Arty decides to use his backpack's strap as a makeshift tourniquet on the missing leg, tightening it with the pimp cane.
Finally, he takes the weapon and leaves to look for the others to continue the triage. Finding Mycroft, Arty says "Mycroft, it's good to see you in one piece. Where's Trier? Did you see any medical supplies? Zek urgently needs coagulant boosters, or he might not last long; splints, plasma and a strong aerosol disinfectant would also be nice."

You get Zak stabilized and have Mycroft take care of the rest. You stop to talk to Trier for a moment before looking around a the scattered contents of the medical card. There's not a lot, but at least some gauze and bandages will help. You also  grab a long metal probe from the cart to use as a splint. 

You return to Zak and finish bandaging him and setting his leg as best you can. It's not perfect, but he won't bleed out in the near future, which is more than you could say a few minutes ago.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 20, 2016, 03:53:17 pm »

"Oh, I'm alive. Okay, so the boottrap is explosive. Thank you for the medical attention, Arty. I owe you one."
Check my limbs. How hurt are they?
Move toward the hallway Trier is in, using the pimpcane as a cane. When I get there, morph cane to encase the creature.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 06:15:52 pm by Zormod »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 20, 2016, 04:01:59 pm »

"That's it for this run, right guys?"
Sigtext

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 20, 2016, 05:11:12 pm »

"That's it for this run, right guys?"
"Well, Trier doesn't seem to want to leave yet, and I agree that we could scout a bit more before declaring the mission a failure.
We should evacuate Zek on the tram right away, though, or at least find a medical centre where I can patch up both of them."

"Oh, I'm alive. Okay, so the boottrap is explosive. Thank you for the medical attention, Arty. I owe you one."
Check my limbs. How hurt are they?
"There's no need for thanks, I just did what anyone should... Anyway, you're not going anywhere on those legs right now, and from the sensor readings I fear that you probably have some internal bleeding; can you transform the cane into a gurney?"

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 20, 2016, 05:58:47 pm »

Trier recovering from his coughing fit groaned before speaking "Hey! Zaek I have a way to get the bastard that did this to me and it might net us some profit. Okay so behind that iced up door, there is an incredibly fast and pissed off razor octopus. I need you to take that pimp cane of yours and make a wall over the entrance. Then when I hit the button that opens the door you will slowly move your pimp-wall into the room so that it can’t slip out and slowly contract it into a sphere around the thing thus trapping so that we can either kill it or give it to R&D. While all this is happening, Dr. Arty and I will be standing with guns trained on the door to kill it if it does somehow slip around. So what do you say? Want to help a fellow ARM member out?"

Check my chest does it feel like I’m internally hemorrhaging or has it stopped? Regardless move to the side of the wall facing the door and wait for Zaek to do his thing.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 20, 2016, 06:13:13 pm »

"I'm up for that plan. I'll need someone to lean on, though."
Action edited.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 20, 2016, 06:21:14 pm »

"I would offer myself but I think my chest would cave in. Try leaning against the wall I'm kneeling next to: its pretty comfy I've leaned against it and coughed blood up twice now."
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25