Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 25

Author Topic: Deep Infirmary: The boning begins again  (Read 52111 times)

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deep Infirmary: The boning begins again
« Reply #225 on: March 22, 2016, 10:16:37 am »

((There's only like, maybe a sixteen point some odd percent chance that will happen...yeah. Totally.))
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #226 on: March 22, 2016, 10:23:36 pm »

((I have a feeling y'all understand more than I do. And I have a feeling this is going to be a barrel of !!Fun!!))
"So, I'm in like this giant vast plain and there's a massive pit. Like, this thing is probably big enough you could fly the Sword all the way through. And like, there are these engravings all over the place."
Try to make sense of the engravings. Then hope my "skydiving without a parachute" lessons pay off and throw myself into the pit.

Well lets see what that gen know is like. Zero huh? Neat. [6]

The ones directly around you appear to be three dimensional representations of complex organic molecules.  Lets see, the one you're standing on is...Oh, its an Apoptosome. You can see not only the general shape but if you bend and squint you can see right down to the molecular level, all the little amino acids lined up in bizarre chains and formations. You think, just maybe, you can see the atoms too.

You shrug and decide that the threat of death is a lot less terrifying when it's virtual. Your loins thus girded you huck yourself into the pit.

You fall....and fall...and continue to fall.

After a while you notice two things. First, you're not falling any faster. And thats significant since it means you've hit terminal velocity, and that means there's some sort of resistance around here. And second the engravings around you appear to be animating, like flipbook or a zoetrope as you wiz past. [6] Hmm, it appears to be showing...You're not really sure. It appears to be some kind of enzyme-substrate reaction but neither of the parts are familiar to you. They must be xeno.

TinFoilTopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 24, 2016, 09:15:37 am »

I'm not smart enough IRL to reword that so let's just assume I've been explaining it to him.
Continue falling.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 24, 2016, 01:08:39 pm »

"Man, that seems so... weird..."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #229 on: March 25, 2016, 10:41:26 am »

As you continue falling, something odd happens; you start to slow down. There's no feeling of slowing, no tug of deceleration, but you can tell from the walls that you are starting to fall at a quickly diminishing rate. The engravings have swollen in size to the point that single compounds are encircling the entire wall. Below is a white haze, almost like a cloud layer. It feels like you're not falling towards it, but rather that you're floating and being draw in towards the slowly flowing layer of light and haze. You pass through it, feeling a strange sensation of electrical discharge crackling across your skin. It doesn't hurt but your hair stands on end and your skin tingles.

Beyond the hazy wall is something the size of a small planet or moon. It's pure white, albino pale, and highly convoluted, ridged like the surface of a brain.  You feel something wash over you, a dozen sensations and instinctual inklings; revulsion of staring at an excised organ, awe, vertigo, terror of being in the presence of something extremely dangerous to you like standing on the edge of a cliff or having a knife pressed to your throat, eyes drying out, shortness of breath, nerves tingling, the feeling of being watched, sensations of both familiar and utterly alien. You feel both like it is assuredly dead, and yet like it is keenly aware of your existence.

You are hovering now, somewhere between the inner surface of this chamber that holds the...thing...and the thing itself. The thing is hovering as well, floating there. There's something near you that is very much out of place. It looks like a large human structure, a sort of metal barnacle clinging to the wall with handrail trails snaking out away from it in all directions, to allow easier movement in this strange semi-spacelike environment.

TinFoilTopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 26, 2016, 09:27:14 am »

Attempt to maneuver to one of the handrails and steady myself. Take aim at the Thing with my Gauss rifle and prepare to shoot it if it tries any funny business. TOUCH IT I CANT RESIST OH GOD

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 26, 2016, 10:27:25 pm »

Turn around and look back into the hallway for a bit. Can't afford to get sneaked on in this incredibly weird-ass place.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #232 on: March 29, 2016, 10:45:07 am »

Turn around and look back into the hallway for a bit. Can't afford to get sneaked on in this incredibly weird-ass place.
You back out and look around, peering down the hallway. Nothing out there but flickering lights and eerie silence.

Attempt to maneuver to one of the handrails and steady myself. Take aim at the Thing with my Gauss rifle and prepare to shoot it if it tries any funny business. TOUCH IT I CANT RESIST OH GOD
You float in closer, swimming through the atmosphere in a rather undignified manner. As you get closer, you feel strange. You feel like you're diving into deep water; the pressure is squeezing you, you hear your heart pounding in your ears and the center of your forehead feels like someone is pushing on it with a single hard finger.  It feels like you're being physically pushed back, repulsed, by unseen forces. You reach out one hand and you can feel your skin starting to peel.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 29, 2016, 12:49:00 pm »

What does Tinfoil look like in the VR machine?

TinFoilTopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 29, 2016, 08:26:35 pm »

Back away from the thing, fire at it, and scream until I lose my voice.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #235 on: April 01, 2016, 09:50:07 am »

What does Tinfoil look like in the VR machine?
Like he's spazzing the fuck out. He's straining against the restraints and screaming like a crazy person.

Back away from the thing, fire at it, and scream until I lose my voice.
You stop trying to get close and instead swim away, screaming the entire time. You try to shoot at the thing but you have no weapon.  You have no weapon but you must shoot!  AHHHH ITS SO KAFKAESQUE!

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 02, 2016, 01:43:16 pm »

"Oh shit! [Tinfoil's Character's Name]! Can you hear me! Can you shut off the simulation somehow? Or something? This... this isn't real! It's just a VR simulation!"

Back away and look down the hallway. We didn't attract any unwanted attention, did we?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #237 on: April 02, 2016, 07:10:44 pm »

"Oh shit! [Tinfoil's Character's Name]! Can you hear me! Can you shut off the simulation somehow? Or something? This... this isn't real! It's just a VR simulation!"

Back away and look down the hallway. We didn't attract any unwanted attention, did we?
No one seems to be coming.

Except maybe the guy in the chair. Hard to tell. He's either having a really great time or a really bad one.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 04, 2016, 10:49:03 pm »

Repeat what we said earlier.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #239 on: April 14, 2016, 09:47:18 am »

uh...he seems pretty unresponsive...

You might wanna send a message to him because it seems your companions have gone brain dead.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 25