Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]

Author Topic: Mercenaries of [FATE]: IC  (Read 19709 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mercenaries of [FATE]: IC
« Reply #360 on: July 21, 2016, 01:56:34 pm »

Nabih frowned at Reece's reaction. It hadn't been his intention to seem like a know-it-all, and the man's pride was apparently beyond his initial expectations, getting hurt despite how helpful he'd been so far. He'd soothe the archer's bruised ego later, for now it was time to make deals. "Al-Safi is my family name. It's a pleasure to meet you, miss Hezel. Reece indicated your name when I inquired about quality clothing; I need a good attire for an important meeting tonight..." There was a moment of hesitation as his gaze drifted to the muscular woman dwarfing him. "...And a simpler but still worthy one for Ghaminia, my bodyguard."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: July 21, 2016, 02:30:02 pm »

[Rapport=4] >[3]
"Tonight? That will be quite the rush order... Although I suppose were I to work my fingers off, I could do it. I generally do goblin or western style, although I'm quite tempted to incorporate an aspect of... of whatever that intriguing garment is you are wearing."
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 21, 2016, 03:16:19 pm »

The bodyguard blinked in surprise, then looked slightly uncomfortable.
"Are you sure, young master? Most clothing is probably unable to hide my armour underneath."
Unmentioned was that she'd practically feel naked without her tiger-skin, as well.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: July 21, 2016, 03:47:52 pm »

Riskiss suppressed a grin. "We'll catch up later, of course?" she asked, not expecting an answer, as she let herself into the back. Hezal was busy, after all, and if what she was hearing was right, odds were she wouldn't be able to talk much today. That was too bad. And-ooh, velvet. Bit darkly stained, though. Ah well. They'd need to go over a more fitting outfit at some point. Leather sounded quite nice, and it was even in fashion.

She smiled, holding in a chuckle at the bodyguard's question, though. Hezal's clothing didn't have difficulty hiding things. Or revealing them, when that was called for. Speaking of...she remembered this beautiful piece.

"Don't tell me you kept this, Hezal! I thought you would tear it apart for spare lining, you wonderful thing!" Riskiss was half-delighted and half-embarrassed. "Ah, yes. Business. I could help you with that order if you liked. I remember the basics."

Not for free, of course. But she needed a new dress anyway, and information was a currency more valuable than any coin.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 21, 2016, 04:29:55 pm »

Nabih looked down at his Eastern-style robes and touched his similarly-styled headscarf. "Oh, these are from home. You could add certainly that aspect."

As for Ghaminia, he addressed her hesitation. "If you are to protect me in a more formal setting, you need something adequate. You might not be allowed to follow me to the table lest it be seen as an implied threat, but still... Your image reflects on your employer's. Sorry about that, but if it's any consolation I'm certain you will look good in it."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: July 21, 2016, 07:18:45 pm »

Ghaminia did her best to cover any unease. Well, what the young master wanted, it was her duty to do as best she could, and wearing some fancier clothes was hardly something she could refuse. She nodded and conceded.
"Very well, young master. I do request, however, I may keep my tiger-skin. It is... important."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: July 21, 2016, 07:25:55 pm »

"Of course you may keep it, Ghaminia. It makes for a striking first impression." That he knew; he'd been suitably impressed the first time he'd seen the tiger-pelt wearing giantess.
>Yes?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: July 22, 2016, 02:42:08 am »

"We'll catch up later, of course?"
"Don't tell me you kept this, Hezal! I thought you would tear it apart for spare lining, you wonderful thing!"
"I could help you with that order if you liked. I remember the basics."
"Naturally, darling. I imagine that the city would swiftly fall to pieces were we not to gossip at least every few days."
"Which is a threat I fully intend to carry out if you don't cease swooning every time you dig it up again."
"Far be it from me to deny an extra pair of hands, dear, but I seem to recall your attempts at sewing being quite hideous. Unless you were referring to the gentleman's business?"

Nabih looked down at his Eastern-style robes and touched his similarly-styled headscarf. "Oh, these are from home. You could add certainly that aspect."
"Of course I could darling, I'm a master. Or mistress, as it were. The tiger-skin could be tricky, but for you I'm already seeing a long jacket or thigh-length robe, maybe in brocade?"
She begins fussing with various fabrics and patterns as she talks.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 02:48:47 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: July 22, 2016, 04:01:10 pm »

Nabih decided to shelve his questions about assistants and raw materials for later lest he accidentally aggravate yet another person. "It doesn't need to be too exquisite, by the way. I just don't want to seem out of place in a room with the personas who manage the steel business."
>Yes?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 04, 2016, 12:56:19 pm »

"Miss Hezal, how much will both of our attires cost?" Nabih asked casually, taking a moment to look around for any discarded strips of cloth around the floor. Expensive clothing was the kind of thing he was careful about even thinking about bargaining, though the impulse to haggle was there like always.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]