Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 25

Author Topic: Mercenaries of [FATE]: IC  (Read 19777 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mercenaries of [FATE]: IC
« Reply #195 on: April 28, 2016, 11:41:54 pm »

Nabih checked how much time that assignment would take of his company's time and if it had good chances of preventing him from providing assistance to his newfound scouting target, as well as if anyone else was also bidding.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 28, 2016, 11:57:46 pm »

[Investigate=3] > [2]
Success

The hawker giving the bids was quite vague, but you manage to nonchalantly move to the front of the group and begin reading the upside-down documentation.

It seems that a caravan, worried about the self-same bandits on that road, wishes to hire protection. However, as the ride will likely be uneventful all the way to Aurelar, it could be possible to leave them after they've passed the nearby ogrehold and come back.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 10:26:15 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 29, 2016, 05:19:17 am »

Larok turns to Ranek and gives him an intimidating look.
"Leave, and you will be in debt to both of us, do you understand?"
Black lives matter.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 29, 2016, 10:33:33 am »

[Provoke=  ] > [ ]

Ranek gives a terrified nod. People are beginning file out of the room... and crowd around the windows.
All affairs seem in order and the Ogre promptly charges at you with a left hook.

[Fight=4] > [Physique=5]
The fist pounds into your cheek with a meaty thud, but no damage.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 10:35:07 am by Tack »
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 29, 2016, 10:44:42 am »

Larok responds by driving his elbow into his opponent's gut.
Black lives matter.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 29, 2016, 02:21:55 pm »

Nabih also checked how the bidding usually went, value-wise and rose a hand to offer a bid of his own. "How interesting." he commented with a quieter voice directed towards Ghaminia.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 30, 2016, 12:39:46 am »

OOC Thread

Spoiler: Name: Larok Ar'grush (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Name: Riskiss Malodie (click to show/hide)

[Fight=0] > [Fight=2]
Defended with Style

Larok tries to drive his elbow into the gut of his opponent, but the low angle takes him off-balance.

He is immediately rewarded for this lapse with a headbutt.
[Fight=5] > [Physique=3
Two shifts of Physical Stress taken

Larok reels back slightly, putting his hand on a table to steady himself- one board promptly explodes under his weight.

Nabih also checked how the bidding usually went, value-wise and rose a hand to offer a bid of his own. "How interesting." he commented with a quieter voice directed towards Ghaminia.
You raise your hand and immediately are awarded with a point and a tally machine above the booth ratcheting up to "50".
Interesting indeed.
[Rapport=4]
[Provoke=3]

As a new and sudden entrant into the auctions, a few fast bids to stay on top has you in control of the contract before it even leaves the 50's.
You are asked to move to the front and hand over 56 silver as bond for the Caravan contract. A sheet of parchment is given to you with the name and details of the contract, deadline next tradesday.
Apparently a "Merchant Fairnalt" is hoping to leave before noon today, although willing to leave tomorrow morning if necessary.

Meanwhile, Reece walks to join Ghamina and Tiat behind Nabih. "So, How goes it so far?"
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 04:09:51 pm by Tack »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 30, 2016, 12:45:14 am »

Larok grunts and responds with a right hook of his own, aimed at the face.
Black lives matter.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 30, 2016, 05:56:43 am »

[Fight=2] > [Fight=0]
Two shifts of Physical stress taken.

The favour is repayed and the punch sends the ogre stumbling with the force of the blow, strewing chairs as he goes.
He returns with a shoulder-rush.

[Fight=5] > [Physique=3]
Two shifts of damage taken.
3 Stress or a Mild (2) Consequence?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 30, 2016, 08:02:33 pm »

Stress.

Larok's opponent proceeds to be uppercutted in the jaw.
Black lives matter.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 02, 2016, 03:18:57 pm »

Nabih handed over the silver and then returned to the small group. "Quite nice. I got us a contract, even. I suppose it is a good point to start us off. What do you think?" he said, presenting the parchment almost like it was a curio he had just bought off a pawn shop. It wasn't like he had never handled a contract - though clans liked verbal ones with witnesses better - but it was like a fresh step into a different culture and towards the realization of his dream.

"What seems to have prompted this request is exactly the bandit activity you have to take care of." he told Tiat, passing the contract on to Ghaminia. "Unless you think we should take more contracts, I believe we need to look for the rest of my possible recruits and also for appropriate lodging for all." He pulled out the list of suggested contacts, as well as another list with all the things he shouldn't fail to do, including searching for a good supplier of steel and renting a smithy to forge quality equipment for his crew.
Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
>Yes?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 03, 2016, 12:21:35 am »

"Alright, I'm in. But only for these contracts, so I can catch the caravan out. Either way, I will still want to pick up one or two more." Tiat gives begrudgingly.
"As for recruitment, I could help? I know a few of the locals, and could round up some people."
"... However, considering what I saw in that auction, I doubt either of us will be anywhere near as competitive on price, so I could probably understand not wishing to delegate."

[Fight=2 > [Fight=1]
1 Shift of stress taken.

The ogre shifts his head just in the nick of time, backs off slightly and throws a jab.

[Fight=2] > [Physique=6]
Defended with Style. Free boost.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 03, 2016, 02:36:53 pm »

"I could surely try to get us a couple more contracts." he replied, nodding in satisfaction. He then turned to Reece, picking up a piece of paper and a quill from his bag and transcribing some of the names in the original list given to him by the goblin, including a few that weren't included in the "cream of the cream" top spots. "I would appreciate if you could find this hunter Rashak, Woodworker Raymond and one of the cooks; preferentially the best of the two to work with if you are so well-informed. Also, I would like a couple more mercenaries or hunters of your choosing amidst these names to round out our company. Not too many, of course, so as to not strain my funds, but I would rather have a sizeable enough group to fend off trouble with ease than be stingy and end up with casualties."

Of course, the exact amount of leeway he was willing to give when hiring more people depended on how well the contracts paid, so as to not drive him towards early bankrupcy. Like he said, better spend a little more with personnel than ending a contract with less personnel than he started with.
Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
>Yes?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 03, 2016, 06:06:17 pm »

Larok pulls his arm and torso back, then delivers a punch that could easily shatter a human's jaw.
Black lives matter.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 10, 2016, 08:16:17 am »

"I could surely try to get us a couple more contracts."
He gives a curt nod. "My, what a comprehensive list. Rashak, unfortunately, I just saw leave. He'll probably be gone from the city by now.
... As for the rest... Should I.. uh... trust you to re-imburse me?"

Failed empathy check

Tiat seems to be eyeing these proceedings with an appraising, if not admiring, look.

[Fight=1] > [Fight=2]
Two shifts of damage taken

The Ogre turns his head at the right moment and the fist glances off his jaw, careening into a nearby hanging and tearing it from the beam.
He turns and delivers a swift knee to the abdomen.

[Fight=5] > [Physique=5]
Tied -- (Take the blow) > One stress taken.

Once again, the slablike musculature stops any real damage from happening, but you're both beginning to breathe quite heavily.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 25