Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 25

Author Topic: Mercenaries of [FATE]: IC  (Read 19789 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Mercenaries of [FATE]: IC
« Reply #165 on: April 25, 2016, 12:48:38 pm »

Haha, sure. I can't get rid of the stuff.

He pulls something glittery out of his rucksack.

[Crafts=-1]
It's a rock.
Ranek offers "See how I've cut it?"
You give him a look. Rocks aren't for cutting.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 25, 2016, 12:51:53 pm »

He takes the rock in his hand, examining it slightly.

"I like it. ..Strange."
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 01:44:04 pm by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 25, 2016, 01:39:42 pm »

Not acquainted with how this bidding system works, Nabih decided the wisest course of action was poking someone nearby and asking. "How does this system work?" He was interested in that apparently unwanted contract; the plight of the normal people spoke to him to a degree, and if it turned out the bandits were being a bother to commoners who was he to shy away from a good test run of his company?
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 25, 2016, 02:43:38 pm »

"Young master, there appears to be a knight-looking man that might be worth talking to. A seasoned fighter would be worthwhile."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 25, 2016, 03:45:23 pm »

"Oh? I will do that, then. As soon as I familiarize myself with this curious system, that is." he replied, turning his head to glance at the man indicated by his bodyguard.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 25, 2016, 09:40:27 pm »

Nabih decided the wisest course of action was poking someone nearby and asking. "How does this system work?".
The man poked is one of the ones not currently bidding, so he seems happy to give you a quick rundown.
"You raise your hand to bid, you pay a bond on the contract, you fill the contract, you come back next tenday, get your bond back and a cash reward. Got too many strikes and they might ignore your bid."
He shows his hand, which has a single X tattooed upon the palm. "'Cos your hand's generally all they see, a couple of veterans like to tattoo successes on their wrists, or some on their faces."

The well-armoured fellow, meanwhile seems to be one of the only people bidding on the contract. It seems to be going back and forth between him and a small group of mercs.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 25, 2016, 09:53:09 pm »

"You say you wish to sell these stones where there are none to take from the ground?"
Black lives matter.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 26, 2016, 01:38:17 am »

"Yeah. If they can't get them easily then they're more likely to pay for them, right? My Da always told me that you'll never find the same rocks in two places, so maybe quartz doesn't... I dunno, get made over there."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 26, 2016, 05:01:20 am »

"But he wouldn't help you sell any... How stupid."
Black lives matter.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 26, 2016, 08:45:35 am »

"Thank you for the explanation." Now he was truly curious about the armored man; why did he bid all by his lonesome when it seemed such a task was better suited to a group? He approached the knightly-looking fellow. "Hello. I hope I am not being too much of a bother, but this competition interests me. My name is Al-Safi Shahin Nabih, and it is a pleasure to meet you. Do you plan on completing the contract alone or are you a representative of a larger group?"
>Yes?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 26, 2016, 01:32:53 pm »

"But he wouldn't help you sell any... How stupid."
Ranek breathes a relieved sigh. "Right? And soon he'll be taking all of the money I earn from the mines to pay his interest. You can see why I need you."

"Do you plan on completing the contract alone or are you a representative of a larger group?"
The man is quite busy with the bidding, but he responds positively to Nabih's politeness.
"Tiat Al'Fair. Likewise."
"Alone. Yes."
He turns to face you. "Is that strange?"
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 01:57:16 pm by Tack »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 26, 2016, 01:39:28 pm »

"He won't be taking anything from you today."
Black lives matter.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 26, 2016, 02:01:39 pm »

"No, it is just curious because your competitor is a group of mercs. I will leave you be until you can talk if you so wish." He concluded.

Whether the other man allowed him to keep going or they just waited until the bidding was done, Nabih continued. "You see, I have a new company and I am looking for two things: contracts and able men. Do you prefer to work on your own?"
>Yes?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 27, 2016, 01:28:57 am »

The man gives a nod, and finishes bidding against the group, winning easily.
He moves to the front, money exchanges hands, and he comes back to meet with you.

"Thanks for the offer... Normally, I'd turn you down. I figure I have a tenday to convince them to skip town. 'Long as they don't track me, I could get it done."[/b]
He looks around at the few other people there.
"But I'm getting an itch, like there's more to this story than I've been told."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 27, 2016, 05:34:05 am »

"He won't be taking anything from you today."
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 25