Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25

Author Topic: Mercenaries of [FATE]: IC  (Read 19750 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Mercenaries of [FATE]: IC
« Reply #90 on: January 28, 2016, 02:12:29 pm »

Behind Nabih, Ghamina raised her eyebrows slightly at the fee.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 28, 2016, 11:43:19 pm »

Expand Network: [Contacts=4] > (4)
Success with consequence.

It's always difficult to recruit lawmen into the family, but Riskiss may have found a weak link amongst them, one with palms a little too light and loyalties a little too burdensome.
Unfortunately despite him giving off all of the right signals (literally drawn on the table via the medium of spilled ale), he seems to want something a little more physical in exchange for his service.

Meanwhile, the rest of the soldiers are eager to share their opinions.
"He's just another sellsword. Hopefully he'll be gone by sundown tomorrow. They never stay long. It's the bridges."
"'Sides, if he does, that's a concern for the day watch. I'm off at dawn, an it's no longer in my lil' chest o' worries."

Riskiss hadn't necessarily wanted to spend the night with him; plenty of others around to choose from and she could be picky when she chose to be, but she was not averse to it. That was where power lay, after all. She was more than decent at pillow-talk, too. Plenty of ways to get him hooked. Some were more pleasant than others...she smiled at him, and winked covertly, before returning to the conversation at hand.

"Well at least I needn't worry about that, if you aren't going to. You're all night-watch, then? I hope I'm not distracting you from your duties..."
After the nigh-inevitable round of protests, she would continue. "Well...I know guard duty can be boring, but if you're handling the city at night, you must have some other stories about what sorts of trouble you've found. Oh! I nearly forgot. Call me Aleia, won't you? There's no need for us to be strangers, after all!"

After listening to their stories as they drank and she drank, enjoying herself and filing away information with the sober part of her mind for later use, she would eventually excuse herself, noting the time and how she really had to get back lest she be missed. The recruit would meet up with her, and she could have a good night's sleep, in all senses of the word.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 29, 2016, 09:04:44 pm »

Riskiss: [Rapport=6]

The soldiers are eager to tell all, and relate the tales of daring chases along the bridges and platforms of the city. Most of them exaggerated, but you pick up a few interesting tidbits, such as the mention of an interesting individual who has been infuriating the guard with multiple unsolved granary robbings. They also are upset about having to spend a month in Reridge, where they'll be heading in a tenday when their contracts stipulate.
Plus they have a story of someone with outstanding athleticism being able to use the city's ever-shifting bridge network to easily make their escape in a chase.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 11:28:15 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 29, 2016, 11:02:08 pm »

"One hundred coins is a bit too high. I am sure you are a skilled individual and want to be paid accordingly, but I can also tell you have shot the remuneration of your services a speck too high. While you have provided me with invaluable assistance, how about we talk about a lower starting figure? You do know I can also put a good word about you with my clan's business partners and with them as well. Being vouched for would be a boon for all and any transactions involving my people..." Nabih began, calmly shooting down the goblin's first price but not putting too much effort into squeezing silver coins out of the deal. While he'd probably appear a miser to others, it was just part of his nature.

Spoiler: Action (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 29, 2016, 11:28:43 pm »

Nahib: [Rapport=5] > [Rapport=3
Success- 2 shifts.

Haggling begins at 40 silver, but Harbul is firm on his new pricing, and it only drops to 36 by the end.
After exchanging notes and coin, he gives a cheerful "Until next time", and leaves the table, walking over to give Riskiss a kiss on the cheek before heading out into the night. 45
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 11:39:06 pm by Tack »
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 30, 2016, 12:37:48 am »

"Until then." Nabih replied before turning to Ghamina. "Time to say our prayers and rest. Let us move, we will have a busy day tomorrow."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 31, 2016, 02:28:38 pm »

"Yes, young master."

She nodded, and checking to make sure none were watching too closely, left with her employer.

---

Once they were at the accommodation, she quietly asked "Did you get a satisfactory list of names, young master?"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 31, 2016, 09:17:45 pm »

"It could have honestly gone better, but it could also have gone worse. Tomorrow this shall be fixed, at least in part." Nabih replied honestly as he went to bed on his pajamas.
>Yes?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 01, 2016, 07:35:16 am »

The night passes uneventfully, the waterfall providing a staccato of white noise whilst the creak and groan of rising and falling bridges serves to keep the lighter sleepers blearily awake.
Dawn arrives at last, however, bringing with it the rising bustle of a sunbound city.

Larok awakens to the gently slumbering form of the captain, however before long a half-score of guardsmen troop in, some dishevelled and bleak, others fresh-faced and well-presented.
The dawn guard all give various exclamations upon seeing the cell door rent open and the large ogre blinking blearily within- exclamations which inadvertently serve to wake him fully.
All of the stress of the previous day is gone, along with the touched nerve.

Riskiss watches the sky lighten over the river as the sun rises beyond the canyon wall as she returns to her abode, not feeling quite as refreshed nor presentable as she would like to be. She slips inside before the first traffic begins to pick up.

Nabih awakens to see Ghamina at the windowsill of the inn, idly grinding coffee beans with a mortar and pestle. Out the window can be seen the beginning day in Dashness, something they hadn't witnessed with the dusk of their arrival. Humans and goblins swarm across multiple terraced levels of the cliff face, sturdy rock and wooden scaffolding creating alternate walkways all the way up the other side of the canyon. The flurry of people are punctuated by stilled groups of commuters chatting idly as they wait for their respective bridges to rise and fall, whereupon doing so they begin to swarm across in almost-hazardous numbers to join the groups on the other side.

There should yet be an hour before the great doors of the house of commerce open to admit adventurers, clerical workers and soldiers alike.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 10:01:24 am by Tack »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 01, 2016, 10:30:56 am »

Page push (too sleepy for tricky timing)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 01, 2016, 10:31:23 am »

OOC Thread

Spoiler: Name: Larok Ar'grush (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Name: Riskiss Malodie (click to show/hide)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 01, 2016, 11:30:41 am »

Larok rubs his eyes of sleep several times over and stands to his full height, a tall figure... who isn't wearing any outer clothes.

"I hope you are the new guard, and not friends of Lars come to take revenge.
.....Are you to watch me dress? Turn around."
Black lives matter.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 01, 2016, 11:51:56 am »

The desk captain cocks an eye Larok's way and grumbles "You've really gotta start recognising uniforms when you see 'em."
He waves the new guardsmen in and they begin busying themselves with clearing desks and lockers. None are making eye contact with Larok, but they're making a good show of not being intimidated.
"If yer gonna be bashful why'd you strip to yer loincloth t' begin with?"

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 01, 2016, 02:24:07 pm »

Larok grunts and begins dressing anyway.
"I didn't expect visitors."
Apparently this is a joke, as he chuckles to himself afterward.
Black lives matter.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 01, 2016, 03:50:44 pm »

"We still have some time before the house of commerce is open, but I believe we should head there right after enjoying an unhurried breakfast. I would rather not trust the constantly shifting bridges' benevolence towards outsiders and their time-sensitive schedules." Nabih said as he stretched before checking his belongings and coin reserves as if to reassure himself. Though the last day had been much more hurried, he allowed himself a moment of pleasant contemplation as he watched the inhabitants go about their business in a place that was so different from the ones he was used to.

Nabih then went off to prepare for the day and to leave the inn towards the house of commerce. "With some luck we might yet find people of promise already there." he commented.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 12:45:52 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25