Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 25

Author Topic: Mercenaries of [FATE]: IC  (Read 19720 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mercenaries of [FATE]: IC
« Reply #315 on: July 17, 2016, 12:25:24 am »

Nabih expected the ogre to have already caught the line of inquiry based on what he'd just said, but decided to say it anywy. "I want to hire you, simple as that. Of course, we would have to discuss pay and I would require some restraint—so that actions wouldn't tarnish my company's name—but that is the gist of this situation. What was your last service's pay?"
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 17, 2016, 12:33:33 am »

Larok does an overly long stint of counting and then displays Nabih the coinage he was given earlier.

"This is half. I will get the other half later."
Black lives matter.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: July 17, 2016, 12:38:42 am »

"Is this the pay from the man who hired you? I meant the daily pay of your last steady position." Nabih explained after noticing he hadn't been too clear.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 17, 2016, 12:41:24 am »

"..Not much. Only a few silver per day."
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 12:55:21 am by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 17, 2016, 12:53:48 am »

Spoiler: Read this OOC (click to show/hide)
"How much is 'a few'?" Nabih rubbed his chin, searching for any still-intact chair to take a seat. "I offer four silver a day, with the possibility of making more depending on your performance. Meals are included, so that is one less expense, and I am going to supply my soldiers with equipment as well soon enough."
>Yes?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 17, 2016, 12:55:53 am »

"Four silver a day for what?"
Black lives matter.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 17, 2016, 01:24:05 am »

"Mercenary work, like I mentioned before. More specifically, to be part of my mercenary company. It is fair pay." Hiring the ogre was a bit of a gamble, after all. He wasn't willing to invest too much in him before making sure his trust was well-placed.
>Yes?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 17, 2016, 01:33:12 am »

"Maybe. But I don't want new equipment. My sword is enough."
Black lives matter.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 17, 2016, 08:47:48 am »

The guardsmen are having a quiet chuckle at the stilted negotiations.
Tiat meanwhile has shifted over to inspect Reece's admittedly fine bow, and they begin chatting.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 17, 2016, 09:16:08 am »

Maybe he could convince the ogre to wear armor later; he doubted his hide would be as resilient as metal or even leather armor. "Fair enough. Do you accept my offer, then?"
>Yes?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 17, 2016, 09:58:39 am »

Upstairs, Jack suddenly slams awake.
Whilst the sound of breaking furniture and shouting can be easily slept through, the noise from downstairs has switched to low murmurs, which causes all sorts of bells to start ringing.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 10:00:40 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 17, 2016, 10:29:03 am »

Jack listens to the suspicious murmuring for a second, before quietly climbing out of bed. He reaffirms that his sword is sitting on the table, where he left, before glancing out the window.

"Can't even be noon...so's why it so quiet down there?"

He throws on his shirt, and carefully fastens his pants. The old soldier draws his sword, quietly pulling the door to his room open, and creeps down the stairs.

Anybody keeping an eye out would spot a bedraggled, half-dressed man creeping down the stairs with a sword in his hand. He has a bit of a paunch, but moves like a soldier, carefully clearing the angles of the room and avoiding any creaky boards.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 17, 2016, 10:31:22 am »

"Yes, fine."
Black lives matter.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 17, 2016, 10:38:55 am »

Ghamina, being of a reasonably observant sort, spotted the creeping old man as he came down the stairs. She noted the sword in his hand, and quickly checked behind her and Nabih in case anyone else was coming up behind them. That said, his manner of dress did not suggest an assassin.
"Greetings," she called - serving a couple of purposes. That he knew she knew he was there, indicating they weren't hostile, and bringing him to the attention of the others.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 17, 2016, 10:53:53 am »

Jack glances at the woman who spotted him, sizing her up quickly. "Probably armed. Dangerous. That hood's a bit off...doesn't look like an assassin, anyway." He glances around the room, noticing the trail of destruction left by the ogres, the watchmen, and the ragtag band of misfits that called him out. He slowly sheathes his sword, before making his way over.

He gives the woman a nod, showing her his hands to allay any suspicions. "Sorry about the sword, lass. Tavern like this's usually doing decent business around this time of day, so the quiet got me suspicious." He'd wave a hand at the damaged and destroyed furniture, grinning. "Somebody rile up the gods while I was sleeping?"
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 25