Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 25

Author Topic: Mercenaries of [FATE]: IC  (Read 19729 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Mercenaries of [FATE]: IC
« Reply #285 on: July 13, 2016, 02:39:48 pm »

"Lo, the lass speaks. I'd thought you had no tongue."
"I wonder, will ye speak with me of something other than the job, or is that where the miracles end?"
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 03:03:25 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 13, 2016, 04:59:31 pm »

"Yes." She smiled slightly, leaving it ambiguous which part, exactly, she may have been confirming.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 13, 2016, 06:49:04 pm »

"I did not. Ghamina did, however. Sometimes I believe she has eyesight and hearing like a hawk's." Nabih commented, satisfied as always with his bodyguard's acuity even in the smallest of things. He also had to raise her pay as soon as he had the conditions to do so. "An ogre mercenary might be of my interest. Is 'kettlefish' the name of the location that was damaged? How about we head there now?"
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 14, 2016, 06:57:52 am »

Tiat and Reece both know the location of the Kettlefish, and are happy to lead the way.

As the party is leaving their current location, Larok is polishing off the last dregs of his (and the unknown ogre's) drink. Giving the empty cup an annoyed look, he notices a few cautious humans beginning to file into the inn, righting tables and clearing out destroyed wood and cloth.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 14, 2016, 07:24:18 am »

Larok considers his options, still sitting in the chair. Where could he go for a short contract before nightfall?
Black lives matter.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 14, 2016, 10:26:54 am »

"Do you know Raymond? I was told he is a woodworker, but you mentioned he is a forester. Doesn't the latter mean he is used to the paths of the forest? How does that work with a location which lacks woods like this one?" Nabih asked, trying to get some clarification while they made their way towards the Kettlefish.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 14, 2016, 06:51:23 pm »

"I believe he meant a 'de-forester'. He is a general logger and carpenter who works downriver, although like many of us he comes into the city for trade-day."

"Yes." She smiled slightly, leaving it ambiguous which part, exactly, she may have been confirming.
"Plus a sense of humor. Good tae see muscle which isn't dumb, for once.
You'd think most bodyguards this far south are stone faces nailed upon planks."

Larok comtinues to ponder his options. He doesn't know if the hall of commerce still has contracts- he does know that the mines are closed today as much as the markets are open.
Were he feeling vindictive he could possibly attempt to track down where Ranek hid the rest of his quartz stockpile. Or he could eat a second breakfast.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 14, 2016, 07:07:00 pm »

.....Second breakfast.
Black lives matter.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 14, 2016, 07:14:29 pm »

"I did not. Ghamina did, however. Sometimes I believe she has eyesight and hearing like a hawk's." Nabih commented, satisfied as always with his bodyguard's acuity even in the smallest of things.
Ghamina inclined her head slightly at the complement.
"Thank you, young master, but such is simply my duty."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 14, 2016, 07:41:43 pm »

"And modesty is your greatest failing, right?" Nabih replied humorously before turning his attention to Reece. "As for the appropriate garments, I had almost forgot about that part. Is there any tailor of quality around these parts?"
>Yes?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 15, 2016, 04:19:36 pm »

Larok waves for a meal, only to realise that the furniture is destroyed, the place is essentially closed and the innkeeper is feeling rather uncooperative.
However, that takes a back seat as three familiar uniforms appear in the doorway.
"Ogre! Barely loose from the pen and we find you destroying the city piece by piece? Can you answer for this devastation?"

Conversation amongst the party takes a brief pause as they cross another bridge, and then shift along the terrace to a set of curved stairs.
As they begins the long ascent, Reece replies "I know of one, a dressmaker named Hezal. She lives on the upper face as well, so we may be able to visit after our detour."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 15, 2016, 04:41:49 pm »

"I had a Cav Malėg. My opponent told me he will pay for it."
Black lives matter.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 15, 2016, 05:20:16 pm »

"Great. I should have been better prepared for these occasions, but you cannot have it all." Nabih was good with numbers, crafting, medicine, arcane and mundane knowledge... However, some mundane problems occasionally slipped away from his mind, maybe because he trusted his wit far more than his appearance. "I suppose I will have to wear this region's formal garb. Oh well... Wait, we did meet an ogre yesterday, mayhaps the same one, and he seemed moody. In case they are not one and the same I could seek to invite the first one as well."
>Yes?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 15, 2016, 05:51:23 pm »

It was not her place to second-guess her master, but nonetheless Ghamina felt she had to say something.
"Are you sure, young master?" She said quietly. "If the ogre is too violent, it might be difficult to control, or bring dishonour on your company."
Unspoken was the implication it might be a danger to you; Ghamina had faith in her ability to protect against a lot of threats to Nabih's life. She'd killed worse than a single ogre, before.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 15, 2016, 06:27:12 pm »

Nabih turned his attention to Ghamina. It wasn't surprising she had decided to speak up when it looked like she could fear for his safety. "I don't want to hire a raging lunatic; they might just be facing problems with the location. Cultural difficulties, maybe. You know I make no bad deals if I can help it."
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 25