Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 25

Author Topic: Mercenaries of [FATE]: IC  (Read 19733 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mercenaries of [FATE]: IC
« Reply #270 on: June 29, 2016, 06:58:23 pm »

"Ah, a master bowyer. I was starting to worry there were no such things this far West judging by what I have heard so far." Ten silver still seemed like a long shot. Ghamina was a very, very skilled bodyguard and she was only paid five. Nabih began preparing the grounds for a negotiation, calmly skirting the actual problem for now. "Oh, yes. I plan on purchasing steel and crafting fine armor myself, with Ghamina's skilled assistance. Though my name is of no consequence here, I do happen to be a skilled craftsman, if you allow me this opportunity to be immodest. As for the pay, does your offer take in account the fact meals will be provided?"
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 30, 2016, 05:32:12 am »

"Truly they are rare, and there would not be any at all if it were not for men such as I who frequent the grounds. You'd find many old hunters whose eyes have failed them in the forest, and so rely on their handiwork to earn their meals. To my surprise, I managed to find a master amongst them who has crafted me a few absolutely beautiful pieces. The day cannot come soon enough that such a bowyer will be just as lauded as any famous blacksmith, rather than earning his keep from a tent at a tourney." He shakes his head ruefully, before continuing.
"As for meals... I had assumed, yes, however were you to request me to help provide for the camp, I couldn't possibly refuse. I am a hunter, after all."
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 01, 2016, 05:01:31 pm »

"So they are treated like that? It is sad, but also an opportunity for me." He'd certainly work a great deal with wood, and even if it wasn't his intention to equip a mercenary company with bows, crossbows still required well-made limbs. "And how much is your usual pay? I am curious as to the measures utilized around here."

"Though I do believe I have a fair offer in mind."

>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 08, 2016, 11:41:55 am »

[Rapport=0] > [2]
"I would not call that a particularly... tactful... line of questioning. I realise of course that you are new to this mercenary business, however I would not exactly be doing myself any favors were I to undersell myself.
I shall only say that I have not offered a fee this low for any man met before you. I do hope you accept that as a gift in the spirit of which it is given."
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 09, 2016, 12:15:21 pm »

Nabih frowned internally. He sounded like a tough customer, and he had to agree it'd sound offensive to toss low offers, specially because he knew Reece was the proud sort. The merchant wanted to offer a deal of pay with growth based on the company's, but that didn't seem feasible right then and now. "Yes, of course. If you pardon me, I will take the ten silver offer as we are still starting off as a company. We can discuss the offer later, after we are successful in a few more endeavors."
>Yes?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 09, 2016, 01:10:39 pm »

[Rapport= ] > [1]
Reece's momentary disquiet vanishes, and he accepts the terms.

Tiat and the cook, having waited for your attention, bring the matter of the cook's fee to hand- it being a sum of two silver a day, along with "a coupla soujers t' help rummage up mushoomz" at night.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 01:12:59 pm by Tack »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 09, 2016, 01:29:26 pm »

"That sounds reasonable. To the next location, I suppose. I still have some time until I have to head to the inn" Nabih said, taking a moment to calculate how much more time he had before he'd need to get on his own to the inn to prepare for the game.
>Yes?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 09, 2016, 01:44:26 pm »

"Raymond the forester, then? Also, what's this about an inn?"
It has been barely two hours since Nabih first entered the hall of commerce.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 02:08:48 pm by Tack »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 09, 2016, 04:39:51 pm »

"I have a meeting of important people to crash into." Nabih replied humorously. "More specifically, I want to get a good deal on quality steel out of it."
>Yes?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 13, 2016, 12:45:42 am »

He shakes his head incredulously as he stands. "Until next time, Stonefist. I'll be heading out at dusk from the gate, if you are to join me."
"I will join you. I may hate a cheat, but I hate a coward even more."

Larok watches his companion leave and then briefly looks out the window to see what time it was.
Black lives matter.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 13, 2016, 01:40:05 am »

"Crashing a party full of rich people? I cannae fault your ambition."
Reece offers "It sounds as though it could be rather exclusive. Perhaps we could find you some garments to match?"
[Notice|Nabih=2] [Notice|Ghamina=6]
As they're talking, Nabih and Ghamina both notice a clump of people entering via the door, although only Ghamina catches traces of the conversation.
"...closed down the kettlefish" "Ogre started beating on Vurim..." "Pay for the bar? Pay for my meal!" "... Looked like a mercenary. Don't know why they even come here."

Teat gives a start, and interrupts the conversation
"You two catch that?."

Larok takes a glance out of the window, pensively slurping the rest of his ale. It's still early, perhaps just before the miners would normally break for their mid-morning meal.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 03:04:07 pm by Tack »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 13, 2016, 09:44:15 am »

Ugh. Dusk would be such a long time from then.
Larok almost stands, but stops himself and (for once in two days) considers what he could do while he was waiting for... the.. Ogre Calling Him Stonefist.
Black lives matter.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 13, 2016, 10:39:06 am »

More contracts would likely be a good start. This job hasn't started well and the week may well end in a loss.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 13, 2016, 10:47:51 am »

He nods to himself. Good idea.
...after the drink.
Black lives matter.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 13, 2016, 11:43:28 am »

Ghamina nodded and spoke, the first time in a while.
"An ogre, maybe mercenary, got into a fight with someone named 'Vurim', and it closed down the kettlefish."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 25