Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 25

Author Topic: Mercenaries of [FATE]: IC  (Read 19757 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mercenaries of [FATE]: IC
« Reply #210 on: May 10, 2016, 09:04:12 am »

"Bring them to me, I will take care of finances and I want to take a good look at them. If they need some convincing, I will provide you with one week of pay enough for as many men as you think necessary to draw their attention." Nabih calmly replied.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 13, 2016, 12:37:30 pm »

Larok rears back and slams into the other ogre with his shoulder very, very hard.
Black lives matter.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 13, 2016, 03:29:14 pm »

Ghaminia remained watchful. That was her purpose, after all; she wasn't going to intrude on the young master's discussion.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 14, 2016, 01:01:50 am »

[Fight=4 > [Fight=4]
Tied attack. Free boost.

The shoulder charge has the other ogre slam back through a table, the distance is quickly closed and he is backed up against the bar

He makes some quick punches before he can be toppled completely over the counter.
[Fight=4] > [Physique=2]
Two shifts of stress taken. [4] stress box or minor consequence (bruised/battered)

"An excellent idea. Have a large enough crowd to make them think we're serious. Shouldn't need more than one or two... Shall... Sorry"
"Tiat"
"Master Tiat be joining our company?"
[Rapport=2] > [2]
"Not really, but I'll join ye on the recruiting drive. Will be a sight more productive than attempting to haggle against this lad."

Tiat and Reece both give you a nod (one noticeably more deferential than the other) and depart.

You turn back to the current contract up for grabs.
One of the villagers from downriver is having an issue with goats going missing in the night, requests someone to investigate.

It could potentially be left for a few days, however that possibly wouldn't make you very popular with the farmer, depending on how often the livestock is being taken.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 15, 2016, 02:59:24 pm »

Before they departed, Nabih gestured to draw Tiat's attention. "Thank you for the compliment but do not be so hasty, master Tiat. Join us for this round of missions before deciding whether or not you would like to be part of the company. It would be only appropriate, right?" he offered.

When both men had departed, he turned to Ghaminia. "Could you keep your eyes open for any similarly promising people? Tiat was a good catch." As for the problem with goat disappearances, he decided to check whether there was someone willing to take the contract and if there was information where exactly was the area where livestock was disappearing.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 16, 2016, 06:18:48 pm »

"Of course, young master. Also... should you wish me to test any recruits, in strength or skill-at-arms, you only need say, young master. "

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 16, 2016, 06:34:36 pm »

"Sure. A sparring match would be most productive to test their skills." Nabih replied before remembering something and adding "Please limit yourself to testing their skills. I am absolutely sure you can defeat most if not all of those I am recruiting, but sweeping the floor with them before we have the opportunity to establish a good partnership and mutual trust might wound their pride too severely."
>Yes?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 16, 2016, 06:57:26 pm »

Ghaminia smiled slightly.
"I will do my best, young master. If nothing else, it has been a long while since I last saw combat. I could do with the chance to refresh my skills."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 16, 2016, 08:21:38 pm »

"It is certainly a way to keep you in shape, and it would be auspicious to find someone capable of giving you a good match." Nabih commented before turning his attention back to the contract. "You may challenge anyone you think promising."
>Yes?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 17, 2016, 12:04:21 pm »

[Investigate=0]
Unfortunately you cannot discover any specifics out about the missing goats, only that it is a village downriver asking for help.

---
(Skip to after goat contract decision and/or bidding)
Only one more contract appears whilst you're passing time. It's a mission west, to the goblin lands, to attempt to track down a fugitive who apparently recently crossed state lines.
It will be very far out of your way.
As the clerk closes up, he annoyedly reveals to the grumbling audience that if they wished for more plentiful contracts, they're best off going anywhere but Dashness.

A few mercenaries seem unsatisfied, probably hoping for better pickings.
[Rapport=-1]
A few of the mercenaries look as though they'd wish to join the entourage out of necessity, however the groups that they are attached to drag them into some rather fervent discussions.
[Notice=4]
You notice certain... agitated gestures, and frequent glances at the sheaves of parchment you're currently carrying.

Larok decides to press his advantage, pinning his opponent against the ropes and putting a flurry of blows into his abdomen.
[Fight=3] > [Fight=0]
3 shifts or damage or 2 shifts and a boost. (I'm gonna take the boost for this)
Minor consequence taken

The ogre is rocked back and forth by the force of the blows. He's winded and dazed.
He gives Larok a look like "Well we can either shake hands here or your next punch is gonna kill me."

On the other side of the beleaguered counter, the tavern owner stands wide-eyed.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 12:23:40 pm by Tack »
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 17, 2016, 02:18:15 pm »

"It would be irresponsible of me to accept the contract and leave the matter unattended while fulfilling the other deals, do you not think so?" Nabih asked Ghaminia, deciding to let other bidders take the goat investigation since he disliked not putting the proper effort into something and the lack of information available made him wary of accepting the contract and taking too long to solve the case while the villager continued to suffer. Maybe a more experienced group could tackle that and hopefully help the man.

Upon noticing some men were looking at his sheaves of parchment, Nabih carefully stowed them away on his bag and tried to discern their intentions. "Do you believe they are considering taking these from me or contemplating a possible partnership? The excess of angry gesticulation seems to indicate the former, as much as I would like to believe the latter."
>Yes?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 21, 2016, 02:41:01 pm »

Larok barks out some laughter at his opponent's failure.

"Still fit to break a table now?"
Black lives matter.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 21, 2016, 02:49:28 pm »

"Personally, young master, I would not recommend risking a reputation for tardiness."

Ghaminia frowned slightly as she regarded the mercenaries.
"I'm not sure, but if they try to take them they'll regret it. Still, when we leave, I shall keep an eye out if they attempt to follow us."

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 22, 2016, 01:48:25 am »

The clerk begins to pack up and the gaggle of mercenaries leave in dribs and drabs. You've got plenty of time before the others return from their recruiting time, and it's still mid-morning.

"Still fit to break a table now?"
He gives a glower, and waves at the room. Tables seem to have been broken aplenty, along with the rest of the furniture. The entire room is a devastated mess.
[Notice=-1]
Also, there's no Ranek.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 22, 2016, 10:14:36 am »

"Now, material." Nabih gestured for Ghaminia to follow him after the auction was over. The next step was clear.

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 25